PP 5070: what's so special about it?!

thiN1k1ngTWICe

Help me get it, please…

The model looks extremely large for a watch. Not only is the dial large, but the bezel is much larger, making the whole picture giant. I suppose that it’s all about the Lemania running in it. But, OTOH these movements are predominantly collectible instead of wearable. In my opinion, all previous and subsequent lines have a significantly more successful design. It is only my opinion?
Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 09.45.52-min.png

It probably gained attention due to the unconventional proportions, which were not specific to PP collections at the time of the release. The predecessors and successors were all smaller. Also, the vintage look made its move. using precious metals in it also grabbed value and of course the Lemania movement. All together caught the attention due to the ensemble of benefits, making people forgive the inappropriate ratio between dial and bezel. Also, I believe it depends on what wrist the watch is on.on a big one, it might look proportional enough

TesaLLiuM8565

Don’t think this PP would look as stunning with a smaller bezel. I’m inclined to believe that we are sometimes driven by standards to such an extent that we can't accept deviations. If the bezel was smaller, it would look more like a “general” watch, mediocre maybe. Make abstractions form the standard configurations and you’ll spot the beauty

hiFUProstry

beautiful piece... the dial catches me so much more that I dont even consider the bezel dimensions. if paying attention to the bezel separately from the other components, yes it might look unusually large. But, the overall picture is well-balanced by me and the proportions between dial and bezel are pretty calibrated.

great model, love it

Help me get it, please…

The model looks extremely large for a watch. Not only is the dial large, but the bezel is much larger, making the whole picture giant. I suppose that it’s all about the Lemania running in it. But, OTOH these movements are predominantly collectible instead of wearable. In my opinion, all previous and subsequent lines have a significantly more successful design. It is only my opinion?
View attachment 108
r u kidding me? look at the dial, at the subdials, and how well it couples with the bezel... you shouldn't look separately. if it was to choose between this PP and any of the predecessors, id go for this one

CoVriGoooU

Oooo the Taste Tondi :D

Its value is more attached to its historical value rather than design proportions…

It was the first WR Chrono from the PP collection. A limited number of only 750 pieces. It’s a piece to hold in the safe rather than wearing it around. And actually, the design is not new, it’s dragged from the 1950s split-seconds Chrono. And of course the Lemania 2310 base/caliber CH 27-27, 60 hours power reserve, tachymeter, column-wheel Chrono, etc… all these eclipses the bezel’s unusual dimension. But I find it truly “statement”

platoonshrek

Being inspired by a vintage model, the big bezel completely makes sense.
It’s clear that today’s generation can’ make abstractions from what they are used to. When the former model appeared, it was the number one watch to have. The big size wasn’t a regular phenomenon, and this was what was making the watch so unique. Different generations perceive the model differently. I can’t spot any non-homogenous design here. All is perfectly balanced to me

whySOniCE456

A big watch, indeed, 42 mm kinda unusual for PP at those times…

But, look at the central bridge, a really epic consecution. Also, I had the chance to see the inner mechanism of the watch. Super accurate and precise, even though lacks split seconds or flyback. Only a superb chronograph function.

60 hours of power reserve. And only 18,000 vph.

You might be right to think that the case is too large for the movement. But the explanation is that the watch comes with a multi-level screw-in caseback. This means that it’s larger at the base, while narrows to the top. So, when you actually look at the movement, it doesn’t look so “sunk” as u may think, the movement fills the space in a pretty logical and coherent way.

The big bezel along the dial is actually part of the whole charm, I guess. This makes the watch both casual and dressy, to me. Definitely, a watch that deserves a special place in a seasoned collector watches’ compilation.

here u have the movement btw

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 09.32.15-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 09.32.15-min.png
    825.5 KB · Views: 0

peGASus4338#!

precious piece
if you don't see it's beauty behind the large bezel, it means you're not mature enough in watch matter
it's entire construction is made with a spectacular logic; the bezel, dial, chronograph, movement, all of that integrated in a great design. a piece to love indeed

UltrARiott

All the versions released within the 5070 ref line mark the big return to making manually-wound chronographs actually. There was a 30 yrs pause in their manufacturing. I love a close model to the 5070, mainly the 2512 one including a rattrapante\attaching the difference in the pic.
Also, a generous dil plate, even a bit more complex than the 5070. Either way, I see the bezel as a part of its charm actually. Great ratio in size/height/thickness

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 14.44.13-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 14.44.13-min.png
    558.1 KB · Views: 0

hiFUProstry

All the versions released within the 5070 ref line mark the big return to making manually-wound chronographs actually. There was a 30 yrs pause in their manufacturing. I love a close model to the 5070, mainly the 2512 one including a rattrapante\attaching the difference in the pic.
Also, a generous dil plate, even a bit more complex than the 5070. Either way, I see the bezel as a part of its charm actually. Great ratio in size/height/thicknes
same here, the value is to in the physical aspect, though it's phenomenal. it's about the history and homage

WorldWideWisdom

Help me get it, please…

View attachment 108
my God what a beauty 🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠
whose who dont like it, could you please offer it as a gift to me?

###IcySpicY###

blame me or not, there is no model more perfect that the nautilus from Patek Philippe. I mean these two cant be compared; they have different design and purpose. but the nautilus is the flagship, even if the 5070 is historically more overweight.

PpiroJookK88735

I've seen this model on my Top CEOs wrist when we went on a team building... it looks damn good, no matter what they say about it..so solid, I even started to respect my CEO even fore for this watch. that's the magic of horology...🤌🤌🤌🤌😂

Eddie

nice piece, but wouldn't get it for myself... I see it as a piece that fits better a mature connoisseur of watches, or smth like that... for me, I'd go for the 5711, which one according to my style. That seems too big for me, and it's very "adult". As for a collector's watch, I suppose it is priceless. but for daily wear purposes, I would refrain from it....