Preferred dials/ textures/ finish

Michelangelo

hi there, folks!
nice to meet u here and I hope to help you in any way I can
in the meantime, I hope you will help me with what you can and with the experience you have in the world of watches

I'm thinking of making a mini-collection of watches (I hope it will turn into a maxi one with time). they will probably be replicas because I would like to see some reputable brand names on them, but I can't afford genuine models yet

either way, my goal is to highlight the different dials and their different textures. it seems to me that the dials bring an extraordinarily large aesthetic contribution to a watch. if the dial is perfect, I don't care about the rest of the watch)))
Share pls the types of dials you have, attach pictures if you can, and share opinions about which ones you like best. I know some basic models of dials, but I'm sure there are models that you could have omitted.

From what I have already collected they include:
- some matte dial models without texture or finish;
- 1 sunburst model, and a similar one but which also has faded color "smokes";
-2 models with the glossy dial;
-3 reps with vertical brush texture;

so, everything you have apart from that - you are welcome to share here, regardless of whether they are reps or genuine watches; maybe I'm missing something 🀞🀞

BenStone

I recommend that you pay attention to ocean dials. initially they seemed gimmicky to me and I didn't give them credit at all. but I found a fabulous seiko with a mantle dial and I think it is the best type of dial of all the ones I had. I'm not sure if there are such types in the replica industry, but if you find them, give it a try. you'll love it

besides this, I also really like the textured dials. I think my next watch will be something from the Zelos spearfish series; lovely dial fyi

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.22.04-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.22.04-min.png
    316.2 KB · Views: 0

Encantadore59935

I recommend that you pay attention to ocean dials. initially they seemed gimmicky to me and I didn't give them credit at all. but I found a fabulous seiko with a mantle dial and I think it is the best type of dial of all the ones I had. I'm not sure if there are such types in the replica industry, but if you find them, give it a try. you'll love it

besides this, I also really like the textured dials. I think my next watch will be something from the Zelos spearfish series; lovely dial fyi
nice)))
my friend has something similar from the seiko series) matte finish with some specific texture))
@Michelangelo if you are bored of the matte finish and want something with a special texture, here u have an option

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.23.15-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.23.15-min.png
    419.4 KB · Views: 0

Marvel

I don't own this model, but I saw it on a guy from the hotel where I recently rested in Sharm-el-Sheikh. its specific dial caught my attention, i even took a pic. though, it's a bit too much of diameter In it. it's got 41mm and not the right size for my wrist, unluckily. though, I find the dial gorgeous

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.26.15.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.26.15.png
    733 KB · Views: 0

Drinky

what about some horizontal brushing??? I can't stand regardless of this texture and I think I've had about 7 cesses with this texture in my life. can get enough of it... looks like vintage, and if you're lucky enough to get a good replica factory, you'll love this texture even more

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.29.35-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.29.35-min.png
    580.8 KB · Views: 0

Maric

and I love different textures and finishes on the dials. but it's already hard for me to stay impressed by something because everything repeats itself... what captured me last time was this dial pattern. i find it gorgeous. I still don't own it as such and I haven't reached the right moment. but for sure I will have it one day

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.32.24-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.32.24-min.png
    575.2 KB · Views: 0

Rochdale

it seems to me that no one is as pro in watch dials as seiko/grand seiko. they have the greatest variety of textures and patterns in the dials. this model is very refined. I still have a few more money to save on it, but I'll surely take it soon

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.47.51-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.47.51-min.png
    618.9 KB · Views: 0

PreciousJohn

lately, I stick to 3D dial textures. I think they are fabulous and they bring a completely new and different breath to watches. I found only a few replica maufactors who produce them. you can find them in Aqua Terra Teak models. from gens, you can find them in models such as GS Snowflake GS Whirlpool, GS White Birch, or Seiko Save the Ocean. Seiko/GS really make some fabulous dials, I agree with @Rochdale

what I like is the harmony between that dial and the applied markers, it's as if it adds depth to them

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.55.20.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.55.20.png
    385.4 KB · Views: 0

Grigio

I like the dials that abstract from the classic types. for example, I had seen this Rado in a boutique in Liverpool. I was impressed by how well the oblique texture of the dial looks. I think it is one of the most successful dials I have ever seen. and in this model, not only the texture and pattern of the dial matter, but also its combination with the golden color and the subdial, which fits perfectly into the context. if the dial had a different shade, I don't think it would have looked so successful. a real artistic thing in this watch. very elegant and stunning

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.56.28.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.56.28.png
    982.3 KB · Views: 0

StatusQUO

I like the dials that abstract from the classic types. for example, I had seen this Rado in a boutique in Liverpool. I was impressed by how well the oblique texture of the dial looks. I think it is one of the most successful dials I have ever seen. and in this model, not only the texture and pattern of the dial matter, but also its combination with the golden color and the subdial, which fits perfectly into the context. if the dial had a different shade, I don't think it would have looked so successful. a real artistic thing in this watch. very elegant and stunning
I have never seen this model, and yes - it is really fabulous. rado surprises me more and more lately. really gorgeous, just felt in love😍

HahREF5583468

unfortunately, I don't think you can find such beauty in the replica industry @Michelangelo . at least, I didn't see any replica like that. but genuine Rados are quite affordable, so I think there is no problem to add such a beauty to the collection of accessories with marvelous dials

dancerINTHEdark

what about some horizontal brushing??? I can't stand regardless of this texture and I think I've had about 7 cesses with this texture in my life. can get enough of it... looks like vintage, and if you're lucky enough to get a good replica factory, you'll love this texture even more
gorgeous beauty 😍😍😍😍

had smth similar some time ago, only with vertical brushing

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 13.06.11-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 13.06.11-min.png
    553.9 KB · Views: 0

Michelangelo

this model is not available in the replica industry either) even if it were, I don't really think that factories would reproduce it with such a refined dial as in the gen)
it's not a problem if it's not in the rep industry)) if I find something that makes me happy and gives me an advantage in terms of price, I'm sure I'll consider getting one eve if its'a gen)

thanks to all of u) I have a visual orgasm in this thread with the beauties of the dials I see here :censored::censored::censored::censored:

Ocean BLUE

tappisserie patterns!!!

and if they are combined with clean surfaces like in this model, it's even better.... I've noticed that I'm more attracted to uneven dials. that is, where a certain pattern does not extend over the entire dial, but where the edges have a different texture/pattern, or it's just clean... a bit bored with patterns all over the surface

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 13.12.50-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 13.12.50-min.png
    478.5 KB · Views: 0

DBP

wavy guys so fabulous

I've tried several types of dials...I'm bored of them all...this guy keeps me in shape for a long time, I'm impressed and can't get enough of it

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 13.17.07-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 13.17.07-min.png
    433.8 KB · Views: 0

CityBreak

Guilloche!!!!! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

everything I love in any watch and my favorite dial!!! by the way, very few tire makers use the traditional guilloche technique correctly. the correct method involves the use of certain special machines that apply this pattern. after the second world war, very few such machines remained. and new ones are not produced. Those who managed to keep them from those times still use them today and produce a unique guilloche dial.