Preferred dials/ textures/ finish

UdlinINTEL

I have never bought a rep watch, but I have this idea in my plans. for the first time, I think I'll opt for something clean and unsophisticated. after I better understand its quality, I will possibly dare something more complex and sophisticated. meanwhile, I am for clean dials, without patterns and too many colors. the cleaner the better.

until now, almost all the classic watches I had had a clean dial. I only had 2 with a groove dial, and one with Tappiserie. These look good, but they limited my versatility and I had to wear them on certain occasions and with certain outfits for them to fit

Ethan

I prefer matte dials over shiny ones
I prefer groove patterns over clean ones
prefer grand tappiserie in dress watches

I don't prefer when the pattern is only on the center of the dial; ideally it should cover the entire dial plate. Also, I prefer clean matte finish when the watch has complications on the dial. otherwise, it seems too busy and "too much". the more balanced, the better

cheetomargheritto

don't have a preferred style. just buying what resonates with my taste better. sometimes it can be Crosshair Dials, or Gilt ones, or tappiserie, or guilloche. Than i might turn to clean dials with matte finish... depends on the whole watch concept and what appeals to my mood better

Eugene

love the busy dials... love the plenty of functions so that can barely see the dial)
I don't really use clean dials in my watches, so they don't have a specific texture. most of my watches have a dial loaded with functions and the dial plate is something secondary