racing watches wanted!!!

carRacer638854

hi there, all!
I think it's needless to introduce myself in detail, as my username suggests it all. I'm in love with speed, cars, bikes, and all that's synonymous with those. As you might intuit, watches are a part of my hobby, as they help me monitor the speed, and not only, of the racing adventures that I and my buddies frequently do. Please, share some racer watches you know for sure that perform perfectly. We need great racers watches, no matter if these are reps or gens. The price is also not relevant. We are ready to buy expensive pieces, whenever these provide perfect quality.
I used to wear a Tissot Supersport watch. I was absolutely satisfied with it, but I had an accident recently, and nothing remained of it except for the strap. Maybe you can recommend me something similar. Thanks in advance

Seiko Watch SSB331 might suit you. It’s a superb chronograph with a very impressive design and nice masculine details. It has only 42,7mm diameter, so I might think it’s a bit small for a racing watch, as these are usually bigger for better legibility. But the design is made in such a way as to ease the readability. And the dial colors come in contrast so that you can read all the indexes quickly and without any problem. Technically, it’s flawless. I didn’t have it personally, but I’ve got a friend wearing it. By the way, he is also a racing fan and knows a thing or two about how important is the technical profile of a racing watch. Seiko sounds pretty good in terms of quality

PpiroJookK88735

I think you need a watch without millions of useless functions, except for those that are related strictly to racing indexes. Otherwise, you will get confused with them on the dial when you need to quickly read time and other critical racing features… just hate brands that include functions that are not meant to solve a specific need and just drop them into the watch for beauty…

For example, avoid the Oris Williams F1 team skeleton. Why would you need a skeleton in a racing watch/ to drag away the focus from the time-reading?!!! Absolutely useless. A racing watch should have a clean and strategic dial in my perception…

Yema Speedgraph: is a very “correct” racing watch to me. contrasting dial, clear hands, and white and black accents. Perfect to read all the functions quickly and flawlessly.

Heard some reticent opinions about Yema. I don’t know much about this brand particularly, but for this specific model, it’s the Seiko that provides the movement for it. It’s a Seiko NE86 movement which I totally trust. Also, the watch is 39mm.. does it comfort your wrist?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 15.39.34-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 15.39.34-min.png
    623.9 KB · Views: 0

petrucho^^

I think you need a watch without millions of useless functions, except for those that are related strictly to racing indexes. Otherwise, you will get confused with them on the dial when you need to quickly read time and other critical racing features… just hate brands that include functions that are not meant to solve a specific need and just drop them into the watch for beauty…

For example, avoid the Oris Williams F1 team skeleton. Why would you need a skeleton in a racing watch/ to drag away the focus from the time-reading?!!! Absolutely useless. A racing watch should have a clean and strategic dial in my perception…

Yema Speedgraph: is a very “correct” racing watch to me. contrasting dial, clear hands, and white and black accents. Perfect to read all the functions quickly and flawlessly.

Heard some reticent opinions about Yema. I don’t know much about this brand particularly, but for this specific model, it’s the Seiko that provides the movement for it. It’s a Seiko NE86 movement which I totally trust. Also, the watch is 39mm.. does it comfort your wrist?
I’d better opt for something running on sellita sw-200-1. Totally sure in this mechanism and for a racing piece, no better option exists. Some of the latest HEUERs run on sellita. Though, these are spicy enough. Maybe an Oris Chronoris?!

29mm is by the way a good diameter for a racer.

Karim

welcome to the club @carRacer638854
I love racer watches just like you seem to…

Don’t take Seiko Men's SSC139 Excelsior Gunmetal and Silver-Tone watch. It’s the one I got myself some months ago. Looks great indeed, and the functions seemed promising when I got it, but within 3 weeks, it just started to run crazily. At every hour, it just would stop working. It’s a solar watch so I thought it was a matter of solar charge. For 3 days in a raw, I was charging it during at least one hour by the window under direct sunlight just like the instructions say, and nothing. Just the same problem all the time. I even don’t use it anymore. Was thinking to send it back or servicing it. Still, its not ok for a watch to show such issues so early…

Got myself a Tissot T-Race Chrono Quartz Black T1154172706100. Great sporty and elegant, and what’s the most important, works the way I want it to work. Recommend👌

what's the Tissot Supersport you've been wearing? seems like there are different models and maybe u get one of the same line but as different model... if doesn't sound good, then Frederique Constant Vintage Rally Healey Chronograph might be a good option for u. it's not quartz like your Tissot, its an automatic watch and it's only issue is perhaps its price 😂
for the rest, both technical and design aspects look good to me. the dial is very readable, which is the most important in a racer I think

DoctorWHO

I had heard that the Tissot Supersport Chro counter was 1/10, even after resetting. so be careful with the model

carRacer638854

what's the Tissot Supersport you've been wearing? seems like there are different models and maybe u get one of the same line but as different model... if doesn't sound good, then Frederique Constant Vintage Rally Healey Chronograph might be a good option for u. it's not quartz like your Tissot, its an automatic watch and it's only issue is perhaps its price 😂
for the rest, both technical and design aspects look good to me. the dial is very readable, which is the most important in a racer I think
the T125.617.17.051.03 one... thanks for the Frederich suggestion. I had some manual watches previously. it's not my type tbh... I'm always in a rush for something and it drives me crazy having forgotten to wind them and when I put them on, they just don't show the time right..... quartz comforts me a lot and plan to stay with this type of mechanism...

carRacer638854

welcome to the club @carRacer638854
I love racer watches just like you seem to…

Don’t take Seiko Men's SSC139 Excelsior Gunmetal and Silver-Tone watch. It’s the one I got myself some months ago. Looks great indeed, and the functions seemed promising when I got it, but within 3 weeks, it just started to run crazily. At every hour, it just would stop working. It’s a solar watch so I thought it was a matter of solar charge. For 3 days in a raw, I was charging it during at least one hour by the window under direct sunlight just like the instructions say, and nothing. Just the same problem all the time. I even don’t use it anymore. Was thinking to send it back or servicing it. Still, its not ok for a watch to show such issues so early…

Got myself a Tissot T-Race Chrono Quartz Black T1154172706100. Great sporty and elegant, and what’s the most important, works the way I want it to work. Recommend👌
good to know... Seiko was one of my possible variants.... though, also read plenty of positive feedback... still considering it, but no sure yet...

carRacer638854

BREITLING PREMIER B01 CHRONOGRAPH 42MM BENTLEY RACING GREEN DIAL WATCH!!!!!!! PHE-NO-ME-NAL!!!​

the one that is 7,000????! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 NO, THANK YOU!!! I know I told that money was not a problem, but not to that extent 😁😁😁😂😂😂. though, I'd be more than happy to gen one someday...
I was thinking of a rep for this model, actually. I contacted some dealers and asked to send me the technical profile and all the specs to see if it's gonna resist my requirements... still waiting))) ad thanks, good suggestion!!

Racrought

okay, first of all, it is important what kind of watch you search for. You say that it doesn't matter if it is reps or gens, but what do you need it for? Do you just love it and collect it or do you need a racing precise watch? For sure some reps can offer you this but you can't ever be sure about reps. How much you can afford? There is a big price difference between reps and gens, even between gens and gens. There is some gens that can cost you some good k's, and there is gens that is a little bit more affordable and works great.

|I can't speak about gens that I have never had, but for sure I can speak about one model that I know for sure works perfectly. Besides this, is affordable in the genuine version. I didn't try the replica version and didn't compare them, but I think this one is worth the money, and you can be sure that it is highly precise.
TAG Heuer Formula 1 Red Bull Racing Special Edition Chronograph. You can find it at a good price if you search for it. At least, i have seen some good deals. big case and an amazing combination of materials and colors. Try this one.

Eugene

I didn't really understand if you are looking for gens or fakes, luxury or middle budget racing watches... but what can I recommend, here u have 3 options:

Cadola 1977 Chronograph Hazard Yellow Limited Edition
Xeric Halograph II Chrono Blue Steel
Hulme Chronograph Sky Blue gift

- impressively affordable for a racing watch
- great functionality and usability
- very nice design
-have all a racer needs in them

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 12.17.18.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 12.17.18.png
    336.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 12.17.24.png