Replica/ Counterfeit/ knock-off??? What's the difference? Help

cheetomargheritto

no difference!!!!! c'mon guys, all of them are counterfeit!!!! yes, it is true that quality standards matter, but in the end, they are all copies and we all buy replica watches against the law!!!! I mean, if an officer comes and demands the account for an imitation, he will not forgive you just because it is A HIGH QUALITY REP!!! anyway he will hold you accountable! (this has no way of happening; it's just an example)

like it or not, they all fall under the incidence of copyright infringement. an example in this sense is the songs taken over. An artist can sue another artist if he notices at least some similar sound elements in the latter's song. It is not necessary for the songs to be identical in order to sue him. The same happens with replica watches. Good or not so good, they are copies of authentic models for which luxury brands have invested a lot in design and assembly. And here are the replica factories that copy them 90% out of 100%. How fair is that?) 😎😎 so, let's not hide behind our fingers and accept reality as it is

diaboliquerye

the difference is subtle, but it exists anyway... at least, I think a replica is a very good quality item, exceptional even... someone mentioned here a good example of museum replicas. these are meant to be perfect imitations of smth really old like geological artefacts or smth like that... on the other hand, counterfeit are poor quality imitations with many differences from the genuine good..... at least, that's how i see things

knock-offs... well, it refers to everything that is copied, I guess, regardless of quality. That is, it is a synonym for imitations without explaining exactly their degree of quality... correct me if I'm wrong
you are probably right. all, in the end, are part of the fake or counterfeit class. The status of "replica" matters only for the final wearer, because the concept of "replica" denotes a better quality. And we all want better quality

Drinky

I had the opportunity to have high quality imitations, ie reps, and at the same time, I had the opportunity to interact with a very bad-quality counterfeit. I can say with all certainty that the difference exists and it's huge!!!! a replica is much more qualitative and sometimes, it's hard to differentiate from a gen watch....u can say the same thing about couterfeits, in which the only common aspect with a gen is the logo. Everything else is wrong, absolutely everything!!!!

So, the difference lies in quality. Tough, both are copies and both fall under the category of counterfeit goods, the replica ones are of a higher standard

knock-offs is just a synonym of copies without suggesting any quality degree

Eugene

he he))) sounds like self-delusion, lol

all of them sutn couterfeit, my dears, please take this as a statement! no brand likes to see copies that distort the image of the authentic brand... I don't really think that Rolex or any other luxury brand would be happy if a rep factory makes superb, identical, and wonderful rep watches

moreover, luxury brands struggle with any kind of fakes, be they counterfeit or mirror reps or knockoffs. any kind of copy is a threat to the brand image and it's all about copyright infringement. sont fool yourself, just accept that we are all part of the list of those who support counterfeit business))

MiracuLuis

from my experience, the quality is what differs between them. I met counterfeit from the stalls in Singapore, cheap, careless, lightweight, made of awful materials. I've also come across great knockoffs in the U.S., high quality, solid ones that looked great, but cost quite a bit

I think they are all copies and counterfeits from the perspective of copyright. quality is not a valid reason to justify the fake watch industry. Quality is very important to me for the end buyer who wants a good watch... So, all of them are counterfeit which means are copies of an authentic good... you won't explain to an officer "look, it's a superb knockoff, so it's not a couterfeit" 🤷‍♂️