replica watches criteria for buying

cheetahapple

There are plenty of replica manufacturers providing a wide spectrum of replica watches. `some of them produce only Rolex replica watches, or only BREITLING, or in general replicas of a single brand. Others produce mass replicas of different brands, and different models. Some are cheap, some are expensive. Some are swiss-made, others japanese, asian, even turkish. Some fakes are identical, others have visible signs of intimations.
When u seek a fake watch, what’s your criteria of selection?
Ive made up a short list of criteria including the most frequent of them. feel free to add your own, if i've missed something and share your opinions on the matter, pls. The fake industry seems to be divided in two categories: manufacturers that produce fakes for quality, and manufacturers producing for quantity. What’s the consumer choice?!

Here u have the guidance criteria:
-brand
-resonating with the brand’s history, philosophy and brand awareness;
-fake watch precision;
-exterior aspect, exclusively,(accuracy of the finishing, careful manufacturing process) even if it is not identical to the genuine model;
-complications that the replica watch includes;
-customization of the order (possibility of adjusting strap, WR etc);
-easy readability of the dial, even if the fake might n to look identical;
-identical resemblance to the genuine model;
-movement, caliber (Swiss, Asian, Japanese);
-the price of the replica watch;
-warranty period and after-sales support;
-shipping and return policy;
-attractive design (the watch is simply attractive to u, even though it looks different from the genuine);
-online store's positive/negative reviews

Hard to answer, really)) not because I don’t know which my criteria are, but because there is a piece of all of the mentioned criteria)

I’ll try to structure it though…

What I never take into account is the customization, complications, and easy readability of the dial. These aspects never influence my choice.

There are more criteria that I do take into account. I need my watches to function well. So, I take into account the movement and caliber, even if it’s a fake watch. Also, for me, it’s critical that the watch looks as close to the genuine model as possible. I don’t quite accept errors in design. So, the identical resemblance would be the next criterion.

The price is also important to me. I don’t trust cheap fakes. Quality is over quality. I better pay more and have a reliable watch than save money and get awful fakes. I’ve been there and I was completely disappointed. And warranty would be the last criterion. 3 months of warranty doesn’t sound promising at all. I could add some additional criteria but these are the most relevant

Nobbing

Precision is among what influences me the most I guess. After all, I want my watch to indicate the right indices, be it time, or seconds, or minutes. Don’t really see the point in getting a “handsome” piece if it comes with daily time-indicating errors. I can even accept minor design deviations, only if it is accurate and precise.
Sometimes the price is also an argument. When there isn’t enough budget for a Swiss-made, a Japanese, which is usually more affordable, will do :D. But, even if I look for Japanese fakes, I do my research regarding movement reliability.
Don’t quite trust the reviews. Many online stores place fake customer reviews claiming they are the “best replica watches”.

I would also add an additional criterion: functionality of features. Some fakes come with a fixed bezel for example, when the bezel should be rotating. Or some of them come with a dysfunctional GMT feature. My logic is that when I buy a GMT watch, I intend to use it. So, don’t really get it when the watch comes with a feature that is only aesthetic and not functional.

Almagest

Price obviously😂😂 that is why people buy fakes, in general, 😂 if luxury brands were affordable, people would buy authentic pieces instead of fakes) however, the quality also matters of course// quality and close resemblance to the authentic models. Can admit some minor design errors if the price is convenient for me

ObeisDexter

I had the experience of holding cheap and expensive fakes in my hands….. the difference is huge… the brushed textures in cheap fakes are too rough…. the shapes and edges of the hands are either too short or too long and look terrible. Engravings are made in the most inaccurate way or are completely absent from the watch. The disaster goes on to the crown, where the distance between the crown and the watch case is some mm. `so, design accuracy is the top criterion. I might even accept unessential design differences but the manufacturing must be top for me. Second place is precision + movement. Third is the return policy. To me, if a store lacks a return policy, it means that something is wrong with it

BrIerNAN

be it an imitation or a genuine, i always try to find a good balance between price vs quality. i don’t stick to a watch for too long and neither have strong emotional attachment to them. if the watch is able to provide a couple of years of good functioning and the price doesn't leave me with empty pockets, it will do

cheetahapple

@cheetahapple what do u mean by "resonating with the brand’s history, philosophy and brand awareness;"???

we're talking 'bout replicas here, aren't we? ))
some consumers buy a Patek Philippe replica because of the brand echo, for example, because the brand is associated with traditions, craftsmanship etc... so having a fake Patek is like paying tribute to the resounding brand. Or here is another one: some customers only have `omega fakes because the brand involves in different projects to sustain Planet `ocean, environment issues etc.. `so having a fake omega is like aligning with a brand that stands for noble causes. Actually, such people don't have any idea of the watch profile, movement, functions. they don't really give a damn of the functional specs....so they just embrace the brand's philosophy and that's enough for them to have s replica like a symbol 😁 get it? ))

SwInEIGh

Never had replicas for myself but I believe there’s not much difference in choosing a replica and a genuine…. Watches are to serve long. Also, they have to look good on the wrist…also these need to make u feel comfortable… the design is, therefore, one of the criteria as the watch has to visually please u… the material has to be reliable and high-quality, otherwise, you’ll throw the watch away within a couple of months, or worse, weeks… functionality can’t be disregarded also, since if u need a GMT, the watch must have a functional GMT to meet your demands… wouldn’t really care about the name if a less known brand (or replica watch) provides all these aspects

YellowSnowman

The diccionary explains the meaning of the “replica” word: reproduction, duplicate, copy, replica mean a thing made to closely resemble another. From this starting point, i wouldn't expect 100% resemblance between a fake and an authentic. So, id be ok with insignificant design divergenses, whenever the manufacturing is accurate and clean. on the other hand, i do need my timepieces to work well and i wouldn't want them to brean and run out of condition fast. `so, the quality of movement and materials would be the main priority.
i'd be interested in the store reviews as well to see whats the general opinion of the audience. Price doesn't really matter. Good things are never cheap

Twirejj4279

some consumers buy a Patek Philippe replica because of the brand echo, for example, because the brand is associated with traditions, craftsmanship etc... so having a fake Patek is like paying tribute to the resounding brand. Or here is another one: some customers only have `omega fakes because the brand involves in different projects to sustain Planet `ocean, environment issues etc.. `so having a fake omega is like aligning with a brand that stands for noble causes. Actually, such people don't have any idea of the watch profile, movement, functions. they don't really give a damn of the functional specs....so they just embrace the brand's philosophy and that's enough for them to have s replica like a symbol 😁 get it? ))
get it :D

all of my replica watches are based on the following criteria:
-balance between price and quality. when I was looking for my TAG Heuer fake, I came across 2 identical fakes with the same technical features and materials. one was $699 the other $899. so by saying "balance" I mean that nothing in the $899 version was different form the $699 version. for the technical complication the heuer had, the $699 version seemed pretty reasonable, the other one was too expensive not because of the higher price, but because it didn't feature any special characteristics that would worth the money.

-design accuracy. I have to admit that not a single replica from my collection is 100% identical. And I think its impossible to find one like that. however, the edges are highly accurate, the finish is pretty qualitative, the shapes and forms are really close to the genuine.

-swiss movements. though some japanesse movements like Myiota are reliable enough, I'm subjectively prone to swiss versions. it simply makes me feel more comfortable;

-warranty and after sales support. every time a consider I fake watch, i need to be sure that I have at least 2 years of warranty. the after sales support is important for me since the assistants can guide me in setting the watch or changing the battery correctly etc

LIgHtere

Price, always a cheap price. That’s my number one criterion. People around me don’t really know much about the specs of the authentic model, so don’t usually worry about how big is the difference with my replica. Then why should I pay $500,700,800 if a $150-200 watch shows the same time and the $1000. More than that, I never get stuck to them, I cha age them frequently because I simply get bored with the same piece every day on my wrist. So it’s kinda cheap fun :D

EmPoWeReD

uuuuhhh that's a tough one)) ill take it one by one….

-Brand; yes, it’s important for me. that is actually why I buy fakes because I can’t afford a genuine ICONIC brand )))

-resonating with the brand history…. Not much, actually. Don’t usually go in the depth of brand’s history and achievements. The fact that the brand is popular, is pretty enough for me

-precision: yes

-exterior aspect…. yes and no…some of my fakes look identical but not run as good as id like, others might have some design errors but work perfectly;

-complications and stuff… not quietly important. I can buy a minimalist fake watch, simply because I might need one;

-customization- never;

-easy readability…didn’t understand what u meant here))

-identical aspect…at least, it’s my target. Though, can accept minor differences

-movement-always important;

-price… at a certain extent. But not the cheapest and not the most expensive

-warranty- always

-shipping and return- not quite concerned about them. I can wait patiently

-attractive design even if doesn’t lo identical: yes, I admit such a scenario

-reviews: yes, but not the primary criteria. I look for reviews only when I’m almost sure that I found what I wanted and the reviews are kinda of confirmation that my choice is a good one (or not)

nemailin

First, I’d go with the movement. I’m prone to Japanese and Swiss replica watches, predominantly. don’t have anything to say about Chinese since never had one and would be wrong to leave neg or positive reviews. The Swiss and Japanese replicas are trustworthy for me.

Many would probably blame me, but I DO rely on customers’ feedback and reviews about stores. Many forums or sites have an additional feature where people can leave pics with real watches. Like on Amazon or aliexpress. So, many pics show a completely different reality from what is posted on the site or what the vendor writes about his watches.
Not once I stepped back from buying a watch after seeing what previous customers had received. So, yes, this criterion is among the most relevant for me

Precision, also an important aspect for me. A good watch, be it a replica, has to provide exceptional precision, I think. Otherwise, what’s the sense of the watch?!)
Identical aspect with the genuine- clearly, it would be awesome, but, I give credit that it is a fake so might accept some little gaffes.
Warranty- yes, definitely an important aspect. If the fake has no warranty, I don’t waste time and money

hATeAndLovewaTCheS

Once I find a potential watch, I seek information about the store, its history, reviews about it, real pictures from users, etc… that is my first criterion. Not once I’ve been asking for additional pics from real customers…

Also, I’m interested in warranty aspects. If a watch is beyond $300 I do believe it has to have at least 1-year warranty. If the warranty is less than that, don’t even look at the rest of the specs. The price is somehow relevant also. Sometimes, I don’t have the budget for what I want and I just look for something that I can afford. However, I never skip the quality. It is important that the watch looks accurate and has reliable movement, even though it might not be 100% identical to the genuine.

vingNEgy

great topic to discuss here @cheetahapple!!! Many, extremely many people don't know how to correctly buy a rep watch. a lot of my acquaintances just fall into the trap of social media ads offering reps and claiming to sell the best reps. they never search for anything else than just good-looking pics.

precision, design and manufacturing accuracy, high-quality movement and store/dealer trustworthiness must be the main buying criteria. warranty/return policy are also a priority. after these aspects comes the rest: resemblance, price, etc...

AdESTORn

is it so difficult? :DDDD I never thought there were so many criteria to take into consideration 😂
never bought a rep for myself but intending to and thanks for the perspective... I would have bought one only based on its aspect))
now that I see so many aspects to take into account, it made me thin k of it...🧐
I think I would consider precision, exterior aspect, warranty, and store reviews. These would be the important criteria for me…and the price of course… not ready to overpay for a rep. I’d better save the money for a genuine watch someday)

BLburNett

Don’t have anything with rep watches, my vote goes always for genuine timepieces, and here are my criteria for buying…

-Brand is highly relevant for me. It is critical that the brand has a clean history, with great experience in watch manufacturing. It’s important that the brand is involved in social causes, as I would never like to associate with a brand that doesn’t present interest in social causes

-Precision!!! How is it possible to buy a watch with precision issues?! I think this should be the primary purpose for all that buy a watch in general;

-movement and calibers!!! The precision of the watch can’t be provided without reliable movement;

-design… and the design should not only be good-looking, but practical and easily-readable as well.

-price; I love brands combining great utility and reasonable price

Ghosterry

I know similar cases took place with Rolex reps... replica manufacturers do imitations pretty well currently and many thieves take them as gens. But never thought it could have happened with other watches
Honestly, maybe it’s not the main criterion, but I do seek reps associated with resounding brands. For example, owning a watch from the Holy TRINITY collection is indeed captivating. After all, we want to have a reputable brand on our wrist, be it a replica version.
Another important moment for me is the reputation of the rep store. Who is the seller? How much time is he in the business? Etc... I had some dramatic experience and for me, this aspect is probably the most important. I don’t want to waste money in vain and brand and accuracy and all other aspects are nothing if u buy the rep from a scammer…
Precision is also an important factor, of course. Don’t wanna have a good-looking watch but bad-working operational system)

Either way, don't really like the "quantity" stores. At least, I didn't find much value so far in them... stores with a reduced number of brands are more reliable to me, and you don't get lost in the endless brands and watches as a customer))