reps longevity

peGASus4338#!

the first rep I got for my nephew was 5 yrs ago. It was an ACUARACER stainless steel, quartz. still working and looking fine. Changed the battery only once. And once stopped functioning and we thought it had completely died. As it turned out, the watch needed a deep cleaning because the dirt got into the watch rotor. my nephew had never cleaned it before 👀👀👀. after cleaning it, no problems up till nowadays

WorldWideWisdom

The first and oldest rep I bought to test is a Panerai Luminor PAM00775 rep, automatic movement. don't recall what's the country of origin exactly, but it's improbable to be a swiss rep, as I paid for it about 150$. still functioning. Having it for 5 yrs. true that don't wear it anymore as a had plenty of other watches ever since, but it still looks acceptable to be worn

UltrARiott

had 2 reps that were "wearable" for like o year. after that, their aesthetic look became unattractive at all. these still run, I suppose, if I get to wind them. But their gold plated surface are impossible to look at. Actually, I have to admit that I wasn't the most responsible with them, no cleaning, o servicing as properly. Being cheap reps, I didn't care much about them..
later, I started to buy high quality reps. one of them runs the 4th year, the Speedmaster runs the 6th year. My fellow has three reps, the oldest one being 8 yrs. All mine and his looks and function pretty well. minor periodic issues that were solved fast with the help of the watchmaker

your question @sEVENDEM will have to clear answer)) everything is relative

PpiroJookK88735

hard to say exactly what rep and hw long it will "live". but I know for sure that AAAreps and beyond (clones/super clones) have a substantially longer lifespan, about 4-5-6 years, depends on how care about them. all that is cheap has lasted no more than 1-2 years in my case

Cacktoos

I'm also curious to know more about reps longevity, do they get rusty over time? what about the diamonds watches? do they lose their diamond-like stones? or the gold coating, especially: doesn't it fade over time? please share some insights about these particular aspects

YuliusMeinl

4 years my first rep, was still running after 4 years, but didn't wear it anymore 'cause got tired of it. changed its battery 3 times, it was a quartz model. it had some scratches on the steel bracelet and case. also the crystal wasn't looking attractive because of the millions of scratches on it, but on the whole resisted 4 years. add to this that I wasn't an expensive rep

Eugene

depends on so many factors: quality, factory manufacturing the watch, release, etc... know for sure that a cheap rep, up to 120-$ has no hope of long life. it will work mediocre, and will look ugly after a maximum of 1 year. the better quality ones are more generous in life expectancy. work well and preserve great their aesthetics... got my reps for only half a year, so can't say much on the matter. although, i do have dudes wearing great reps for more than 2 years

Albert

agree that quality matters a lot... but why no one say anything about the way the owner treats the rep watch?)))))
with a good care, chances are that the replica watch will serve you well and reliably. the same applies to the physical condition. if you throw it up and down, i'm dramma obviously, no rep watch wopuld resist for long no matter the quality rating

so, I subscribe to everything that was mentioned earlier plus I add the aspect of maintenance

StevenOhio

I always tried to get relatively good imitations, that is, not from the cheapest ones, but also from the most expensive ones. mine resist well. I have had an omega for 3 years, it works well. its leather band is a bit worn out, it lost its luster and should be replaced. but the movement is ok, it works well, I take it regularly for cleaning and lubrication.

I have another omega seamaster that I bought about 5 years ago. it no longer works; the internal details were wasted and I should change the entire mechanism, but I was told at the repair shop that such mechanisms are no longer produced. So, the watch is in the closet ) still, 3-5 years for a rep is a good shelf life, I guess. today, I think that the imitations are produced more qualitatively and last longer

MiracuLuis

currently wearing a deeps and an omega both are reps... serve me already the third year.. work well, the look is a bit racked as I wear them daily. min or scratches here and there but still do well

CityBreak

it depends on the release, model, and the way you treat them. I had fakes that served me for up to 3 years, and others for no more than 2 months and I could already see the polish layer on them being faded. what's true is that all the fakes that I paid more for lasted better over time

Maric

owning a Tag here rep for 3rd year, owning a Breitling for the 2nd year but already see some flaws in it so possibly will last about half a year more; fad a deeps that served me about a year and after, all the details were crushing and no repair would fix them. depends on so many factors. and with each rep I buy, I also become more accurate with them; maybe that's the reason they last differently

Cinar73967

longevity of WHAT exactly? had reps that worked pretty well for a long time, up to several years. But that didn't mean anything because the way they looked after the first year was impossible to wear. polish fading, no luster, details disassembling etc... also, had another experience: great looking rep watch, high-quality stainless steel preserving its aesthetics pretty well, was looking really gorgeous. BUT, had plenty of issues with functionality. the hands wouldn't move properly, precision wouldn't keep up, etc... in the rep industry, it's a luck to find the golden mean between functionality and long-lasting aesthetics... from my experience, I have 2 such reps, a Heuer and a Patek Philippe Nautilus. the rest were with either aesthetic or functional issues for which I could no longer wear them after 6-12 months

Nobbing

if you know how to buy a replica the right way (TDs, high quality, etc) it can last decades. look at the imitations like the Breguet Maria Antonniette which looks so good that it was taken as genuine when it was stolen. or, other rare and legendary models that are impossible to distinguish from a gen. the point here is that really, most of the watches are manufactured somewhere in the undergrounds of china. however, there are factories that prioritize quality, you just have to look carefully for it. If you find such a rep, be sure that it will last forever