returning the rep watch to the dealer

Perpetual

Guys, hi there,
here's a curiosity that has been bothering me for some time...
in what cases do you usually return the watches to the dealer? it doesn't matter if it's gen or a rep. what motivates you to return it and ask for the money back?

how much does the aesthetic difference matter, especially when you buy them online and the pictures look one way and in reality, the watch looks different when you receive it on delivery?
or maybe you are not satisfied with the delivery service... I don't know.. any reason for return...

here's a thing: i got a patek rep recently. and it doesn't look bad, but the finish is not as good and refined as I was promised. I admit that I didn't pay much for it, it's just an A-grade replica. now I'm thinking if it's necessary to request a refund or to comply, because after all, you can't expect high quality from an A-grade rep....

on the other hand, I think that the seller is not playing fair in the given case. why did he have to place the ideal pictures of replica watches on the website if they do not correspond to reality? in addition, I spoke with the customer support representatives and they assured me that the rep I had bought will look identical to the one in the picture...

now i am confused. it's not a critical problem as the watch really looks nice. but the finish leaves much to be desired. Here it is more a problem of miscommunication than the condition of the rep watch.....

I'm ready to listen to any horror story of yours if u had similar ;)

Michelangelo

I once wanted to return a watch, and it was a genuine one by the way.... i bought it from an online store without informing myself much about what it represented.... the watch arrived defective, the crown came out of the case and I couldn't fix back

when I wrote to them, the seller told me that their policy does not provide for a refund πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ then I understood that I had to inform myself about the refund policy before buying something

are you sure that the rep can be returned?

BenStone

I would request a refund in case of critical failure, such as scratches, factory defects, clasp mechanism not functioning, etc...

aesthetic, well, idk... after all, you can't expect high quality when it's just an A-grade rep.. I would not ask for a refund probably, but I would leave a review, with pictures, so that the world knows what will receive from this seller

Perpetual

I once wanted to return a watch, and it was a genuine one by the way.... i bought it from an online store without informing myself much about what it represented.... the watch arrived defective, the crown came out of the case and I couldn't fix back

when I wrote to them, the seller told me that their policy does not provide for a refund πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ then I understood that I had to inform myself about the refund policy before buying something

are you sure that the rep can be returned?
the refund policy accepts return within 30 days, even if everything is fine with the watch. at least, that's what the warranty policy page says. however, in practice, they refuse to accept refunds if there is no factory defect

Encantadore59935

I admit that A-grade reps aren't exactly the most flawless and you shouldn't expect much from them... but what frustrates me is that the customer support agents promised something else... they could have been more honest. even if they showed the quality of the REAL watch, I think @Perpetual would buy it anyway if the price was good

in this case, I think it is more about the irresponsibility of the seller and the fraudulent attempt to sell goods that do not correspond to reality. for that he must be punished.... you cannot hold them legally responsible of course, but I would leave hundreds of reviews everywhere...

let the world know its "heroes" :mad::mad::mad:

Marvel

the goal of the agents is to SELL BY ANY MEANS. just don't expect any seller to tell you about all the defects of the products from the start. so, they did their job well...

here I see 2 issues:
1. you did not carefully investigate the seller you bought from. at siogur there must be reviews about him from other customers who share pics and experiences. if you were investigating, you probably knew what to expect

2. it's an a'grade rep, bro. you can't expect much. if it works well and there are no critical mistakes in the design, be satisfied with that. Many of the A-replicas simply disintegrate at how poorly they are assembled. so if it's only about the finish and nothing else, I don't see why you should complain

Drinky

I think the hustle will be greater to return it back and get a refund than to leave things as they are...

I think the aesthetic would not be a reason for me to return it. after all, a rep is a rep and very likely there will be flaws. I would request a refund in more serious cases when it's due to poor functioning, shipping damage, or factory defects... but only for the finish, I don't think that's the case..... nobody guarantees that if you buy from another seller , you will not face the same

Maric

I would not leave things like this!!!!!

think that every customer who buys is dissatisfied like you, and yet, decides to remain silent and refuses to demand his rights... the seller continues to sell crap while those who buy remain silent. great script, sarcastically speaking.

those who sell reps must be responsible for what they sell and not mislead the customers. if the replicas are of A-grade type, then they must post pictures of A-GRADE REPS, and not pictures with genuine watches that make customers think that this is what the replica watch looks like

we have to educate sellers through our reaction. so they will strive to become better, OR they will disappear because of the negative reviews

Rochdale

be happy that the dealer generally accepts refunds, even if not in your case 😁😁😁 there are so many out there that simply disappear after selling the rep watch)))

BusyAsHell

give credit to the seller) a functional A-grade rep watch, looking good with a single flaw of poor finish is a good scenario, believe me)

I've seen a-grade reps where the crystal was plastic, and so were the hands and hour markers πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I honestly think you should keep your watch and don't split hairs. it can get worse than that) and don't forget that there are sellers who take the payment and disappear, without delivering the rep. so everything is relative)))

PreciousJohn

are you serious guys? so we have to accept faulty reps just because it could be worse??????

can't believe it, really... WE PAY MONEY FOR REPS. IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT THEY ARE CHEAPER OR MORE EXPENSIVE. all we want is to receive what we are promised. The problem is not only that the pictures looked different from reality, @Perpetual , but also that the sales agents ensured that the watch was flawless!!!!! WHY SHOULD WE ACCEPT THIS ATTITUDE TOWARD US? just because it's about the replica industry?????

I agree with @Maric I would leave reviews everywhere, and I would ask for a refund and even moral compensations. if they don't accept, I tell them that I negatively advertise them on all social networks so that they have no other solution but to close their activity!!!!

Grigio

are you serious guys? so we have to accept faulty reps just because it could be worse??????

can't believe it, really... WE PAY MONEY FOR REPS. IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT THEY ARE CHEAPER OR MORE EXPENSIVE. all we want is to receive what we are promised. The problem is not only that the pictures looked different from reality, @Perpetual , but also that the sales agents ensured that the watch was flawless!!!!! WHY SHOULD WE ACCEPT THIS ATTITUDE TOWARD US? just because it's about the replica industry?????

I agree with @Maric I would leave reviews everywhere, and I would ask for a refund and even moral compensations. if they don't accept, I tell them that I negatively advertise them on all social networks so that they have no other solution but to close their activity!!!!
I kind of agree with you... but when each of us accepts the replica hobby, we also accept all the adjacent risks. I agree that a customer has the right to quality. but we are talking about an industry where quality control is missing and I am afraid that there are not many solutions other than accepting this reality

after all, we are only talking about a poor finish, not about a major defect. and, you may not realize it, but this "poor" finish can be subjectively interpreted. for me, this "poor" finish may be quite ok. for you, even an excellent finish can look poor because of your imaginary expectations... And while the matter is somehow biased, I understand why the seller does not accept a refund in this case

GeorgeClintonBiden

I don't think it's an option to turn back the watch ... you can't be sure that another one will be better than this one. you risk getting a better alternative in finish, yes, but not in functionality. you could polish it the next time you have it for a cleaning procedure. it may look better... but what I think you must do is to leave reviews about the dealer and specify what is good and what is bad about it... that way, people will know that you shouldn't to believe 100% in what the dealer says

CityBreak

the problem is not what we consider abnormal in a rep watch to request a refund... the problem is that replica dealers do not accept returns πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ no matter how much we dislike a replica watch, most likely we will not be able to return it because many deleri refuse this. as soon as you write to them about some defects, they start with different arguments like "we shipped the watch in good condition; you are to blame for its condition; you exposed it to humidity and that's why it broke" blah blah blah.... ..

here I just want to remind you how important it is to find a trusted dealer, who will indeed refund you if you are not satisfied with the replica watch... unfortunately, there are few of this kind

UdlinINTEL

I expect my replica to not be fragile, to meet the criteria promised by the dealer, and to have a warranty period.
Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I usually go by the pictures that I ask from online sellers. This is what I do with any online purchase. If everything works out for me, I will order it. And I ask for a return if what I receive does not coincide with what the dealer showed me in the pictures

Steve

I think it depends on how much you pay for it. if we are talking about the stores that illustrate identical replicas on their sites, and that propose a 1K replica watch, then I would not accept even the slightest fault. They claim that they reproduce 100% identical watches. So pls bring me a 100% replica watch!!!

but if you spend $50 on it, what quality do you expect from such a replica watch? It is obvious that it will be full of errors and differences, and you can't even ask for more from the manufacturer, because you yourself are choosing a low-quality replica watch

SwInEIGh

in your case, I would request a return or refund. As you put it, the dealer promised you a watch with a better finish. If you have evidence to prove your previous discussions, the better. Either way, the dealer must be responsible for what he says and what he sells. If you were really promised a better watch, it doesn't matter if it's an A or AA grade rep, it must correspond to the promises. I think you have every right to at least initiate a discussion with the dealer to see what his position is. Maybe he will be flexible enough

RoyaInk

don't expect the seller to tell you what flaws to expect from his watch! his job is to sell at any price. And this works with customers who do not ask questions and establish conditions BEFORE BUYING THE WATCH!!!
This means that BEFORE PLACING THE ORDER, you must:

-specify if the watch in the store's catalog coincides with what you will receive;
- ask what you can do if, however, the product you received does not coincide with what was promised to you;
- you find out what the supplier does if the customer detects that the watch does not correspond to the promises (return, refund, exchange for another model... etc). For example, what are the solutions if the watch isn't water-resistant, as promised
- ask what pitfalls to expect from the watch. If the watch has shortcomings that the supplier did not inform you about in advance, it means that you have every right to ask for a refund.

Record the whole conversation through screenshots or whatever you want, just to have proof of the supplier's unfulfilled promises

Suppliers become open and honest when they have such discussions with customers. Although not all of them, at least you reduce the probability of deception. A supplier would rather open all the pitfalls than have problems with a persnickety customer who can leave bad reviews anywhere

HorsePower

Guys, hi there,
here's a curiosity that has been bothering me for some time...
in what cases do you usually return the watches to the dealer? it doesn't matter if it's gen or a rep. what motivates you to return it and ask for the money back?

how much does the aesthetic difference matter, especially when you buy them online and the pictures look one way and in reality, the watch looks different when you receive it on delivery?
or maybe you are not satisfied with the delivery service... I don't know.. any reason for return...

here's a thing: i got a patek rep recently. and it doesn't look bad, but the finish is not as good and refined as I was promised. I admit that I didn't pay much for it, it's just an A-grade replica. now I'm thinking if it's necessary to request a refund or to comply, because after all, you can't expect high quality from an A-grade rep....

on the other hand, I think that the seller is not playing fair in the given case. why did he have to place the ideal pictures of replica watches on the website if they do not correspond to reality? in addition, I spoke with the customer support representatives and they assured me that the rep I had bought will look identical to the one in the picture...

now i am confused. it's not a critical problem as the watch really looks nice. but the finish leaves much to be desired. Here it is more a problem of miscommunication than the condition of the rep watch.....

I'm ready to listen to any horror story of yours if u had similar ;)
I do not agree with you. You say you chose an A-grade replica. If the dealer promises you high quality with this A-grade, it means that the watch must meet the promises. Otherwise, you have every right to ask for a refund or return.

dealers must be responsible for the promised quality. This is precisely the role of communication channels. Through chats and emails, they promise you that the watch is of superior quality. If so, they have to give you what they promised.
They must be fair and transparent and tell the truth. They must inform the buyers about the potential shortcomings. In the end, the buyer alone decides whether to accept them or not

Ethan

I have never bought a rep watch, but I plan to soon. first of all, I wrote down a list of criteria that I want in my rep watch. So, I sent this list to several dealers and I'm waiting to hear back from the one who can offer me a rep watch that meets my criteria... As such, I will request a refund in case my rep doesn't match my criteria when it arrives. I think this is how I protect myself from misunderstandings with the dealer and the dealer is aware of what is most important to me in the watch he sends me. if he can't give it to me, then I think he will ignore my message with the list of priorities. But if he delivers me trash, then he shall expect bad reviews everywhere possible because he didn't offer me exactly what I asked for... sounds a bit rude, I guess, b ut how can I otherwise protect myself in this industry that doesn't take full responsibility for the quality, given that it's a dark industry?! πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ