round or rectangular?

UdlinINTEL

I love traditional watches of both types. it depends on the mood, outfit, environment and many other factors that determine me to choose the round one or the rectangular one. Either way, both have a place in my collection

As for Gshoks, here is what bothers me about them. On the whole, the concept of a Gshock watch revolves around boldness, with some aggressiveness, complexity, rough shapes and reliefs, visual weight and everything of that kind. So, when it has a round case, its shapes and silhouette seem balanced. It has enough space for contour roughness and for a readable, easily-visible, and operable dial.

When its case is square, the dial visually is reduced and this creates a disproportionality between the bold case and the relatively small face. A feeling of dissonance and disproportionality is created between the case and the dial, as if they do not resonate with each other. It is for this reason that I see the round Gshoks as more balanced, in which the width of the dial harmonizes with the structural baldness of the watch

Steve

don't mind owning a rectangle. but the round ones still resonate better with me.... I couldn't explain why.... even if they are not as exclusive as the rectangular ones.

RoyaInk

I admit that the round watches are more popular than the others. But, DUUUUUUDEEEEEEEE!!!! I CAN'T NOT NOTICE SOMEONE WHEN THEY WEAR A RECTANGULAR ONE!!!!! THE ROUND ones CAN BE AS SOPHISTICATED AS YOU WANT, BUT IT STILL DOESN'T STAND OUT AS MUCH AS A RECTANGULAR ONE!

most of my watches are round, I admit. These stylistically blend better with my everyday style. But I have a Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso rep, and a Glashütte Original Seventies Chronograph Panorama Date square der for which I only get ovations. For me, these are more about status than the round ones, no offense pls!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 13.05.27-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 13.05.27-min.png
    453 KB · Views: 0

salmeari

both!!!!!! HOW MUCH YOU DON'T LOVE A CERTAIN WATCH, YOU GET BORED OF IT, OR OF THE SAME SHAPE OF IT! There's the moment when u switch to another shape!!!! Each of round and rectangular are good for certain purposes and occasions. The square ones are my favorites, but I admit that for the daily use, I mostly use the round ones

Ethan

the square ones are more to my liking... i also have round watches, but these are mainly for daily use. the rectangular ones are for when my mood is high and need some confidence support

diaboliquerye

I am the owner of 2 rectangular and 3 round watches

each one of them means a lot to me, and it's not just about their shape... I bought them for variety and because I love watches. I admit that the rectangle ones are more appreciated by those around me than the round ones, although I adore them all equally...

Almagest

without wanting to, my watch collection contains more rectangular models than round ones... it seems that they resonate better with me... I'm tired of round models, there are too many on the market, and they lose their exclusive status

Albert

round for me please..... the rectangular look fine to me... got a couple of such watches, but could never find them comfortable. corners would always dig into my wrist causing me distress after a couple of hours. so I had to give up the idea, although I like them a lot.... I'm just a spectator of rectangular watches who admires them from the outside

BusyAsHell

always round... the square or rectangular ones made me feel uncomfortable during the day. at some point I want to take my watch off my wrist as if I'm suffocating... idk... maybe that's the anatomy of my wrist... aesthetically, I like the way it looks,... but at the level of feeling, no sir...

MiracuLuis

I tend to get bored with the shape of checks. so changing shapes is a usual thing for me😁 thanks god my wrist allows me to wear whatever i like, so both round and rectangular are great for me

StevenOhio

each of them has its own charm... for me, the rectangular ones somehow look more elegant and sophisticated. I prefer them more for more special occasions. however, I admit that the round ones are more utilitarian and functional. I have not found any square or rectangular watch that includes as many functions as the round ones. so for practical use, round ones are more suitable... I think it depends on the style of the watch owner and the way of life he leads... for a sports watch, there are not many square options

Cinar73967

until now, I wore round cases exclusively. now with my new job, I don't exclude that I will consider the rectangular ones as well.,, it depends on the context in which you wear the watches. if the formal style predominates, then rectangular watches predominate as well