scam ain't disappeared

howdyREP

the most interesting part is when coming across scammers that sell reps as genuine šŸ˜‚ I met a couple of those pretending that their watches were pre-owned and asking for a cosmic price... if I hadn't been trained in the matter, would have been stupidly fooled. Watch out with scammers and educate yourself, once you're in the hobby

cheetomargheritto

Didnā€™t know I had to9 consider so many aspectsā€¦ thanksā€¦ I thought the cheap price for ā€œbest replicasā€ was the only criterion suggesting a scamā€¦

If the seller offers only a WhatsApp contact number without any other contact details, do u think it can be considered a scam?

randomWATCHlover

its pretty tough the situation with scammers... sometimes I even want to ask suspicious dealers to open up the watch caseback to look at the inside movements, but I know they all would refuse it... a couple of my friends ran Ito scammers who sold them "swiss" reps while these were Chinese clones. luckily, he got the money back but not all customers have the same happy end... be careful!

PeperoNNi

Thank u for the post! Educative enough to understand once and for all that scammers take advantage of customersā€™ naivety and passion for watches. Could never understand HOW is it possible to deceive people in such a dirty way, profiting from their money and abusing confidence. Buy only from trusted sources!!!

PeperoNNi

Didnā€™t know I had to9 consider so many aspectsā€¦ thanksā€¦ I thought the cheap price for ā€œbest replicasā€ was the only criterion suggesting a scamā€¦

If the seller offers only a WhatsApp contact number without any other contact details, do u think it can be considered a scam?
to my knowledge, it is a scam. these watches accounts can appear and disappear in a second and u can never track them... whatsAp details are never enough for a trustworthy purchase

chunkeymonkey

the worst part is that scammers never stop and find new ways of tricking people... even with emails, contact details, addresses and still these can scammy. if our not ready to lose that money, better dont buy...

thiN1k1ngTWICe

I have a friend working in the IT field and has a thing or two about how to detect scam online stores. you can't imagine the huge amount of such stores. I wonder how many people are deceived on a daly basis. definitely, buying from trusted dealers is the most important in this hobby.
great insight @hATeAndLovewaTCheS

btw... why do u hate and love watches? where does this extreme come from ?:D

whySOniCE456

so
I have a friend working in the IT field and has a thing or two about how to detect scam online stores. you can't imagine the huge amount of such stores. I wonder how many people are deceived on a daly basis. definitely, buying from trusted dealers is the most important in this hobby.
great insight @hATeAndLovewaTCheS

btw... why do u hate and love watches? where does this extreme come from ?:D
isn't there any possibility to block those stores?
so happy I made rep purchase without such threats... but I think of those people who got deceived, so sad for them... dont have nothing against people loving this hobby, but indeed, high vigilance is what all of them truly need

hiFUProstry

newbies... where r u????? did u read this post??? read it again....
it's a pitty seeing that people at the beginning of the road simply look at prices and pictures, without even knowing how many risks this hobby implies...

thanks a lot for the post, a good reminder

Hi, guysā€¦
I thought it would be welcome to remind you about the scam risks we all run with every new replica watch purchase. Itā€™s disappointing hearing people talking about previous bad experiences related to scams. All of us, like it or not, are involved in a hobby that is not quite legal, after all. And a lot of dealers take advantage of the weaknesses of this field. The point is that itā€™s critical to remember that the risk of coming across a scam-my dealer is everywhere.
Who takes responsibility for a wrong purchase? Is it us because we donā€™t check enough information about the watch quality? Or, is it the dealers who disrespectfully are fouling people around, profiting from our naivety and lack of deep knowledge?

Honestly speaking, since I had my personal bad experiences with scammers, I became far more responsible. The idea is that the main responsibility falls on our own shoulders. We can never be sure of the person selling us a replica watch without checking the veracity of the information he gives to us about the fake item. Any m2m sale canā€™t be based on trust unless you proved for yourself the responsible attitude of the dealer. And itā€™s US who must conduct research, investigation, and validation each time we intend to buy a fake watch.

Unfortunately, many people tell me about plenty of bad experiences. Either they got an awful watch that by far doesnā€™t resemble the model they ordered, or the Chinese movement is breaking extremely fast, even though they had paid for a Swiss-made movement. And each time it happens, I wonder to myself: what did these people omit?!

When Iā€™m trying to find out more info on the matter, most of them simply tell me that they never would have thought of being a scam victim. And thatā€™s so sad that people havenā€™t realized yet that the scam existed and still exists at every corner.

So, what can every one of us do to prevent potential fraud? Yes, all of us have a bit of guilt in participating in the selling-buying process of replica goods purchase, which is not the most ā€œlegalā€ thing. But, considering that the replica industry is an existing fact and many of us accept being part of it, there must be something to protect us from being deceived.
The major step to make towards avoiding a potential scam is to do the biggest research possible. The more we know, the more armed we are. Be it forums, online stores, or websites, we always must dig as deep as possible about the person/dealer that offers us a replica watch for sale. Donā€™t stick to only the profile picture or the promising messages. Find out about the warehouse of the watches he is proposing. Ask for additional pictures every time you deal with a website offering fake watches for sale. Read as many reviews as possible. Maybe not all of them are real, but there sure might be some red flags suggesting us a potential scam.

Even on this forum, I have come across messages suggesting some bad previous experiences. It might sound tough, but donā€™t blame the scam dealer only. Try to answer yourself if u did enough investigation about it before ordering the watch. I know itā€™s painful to hear but in most cases, itā€™s us who rush into making an order without even checking some basic information about the store/dealer.

Take your time to dedicatedly investigate. And always make a purchase ONLY after answering ALL of the following questions:
-whatā€™s the history of the dealer/online store?
-did u chat with a customer care representative? How did he/she respond to u?
-any hesitations in answering about the warranty?
-any hesitations in answering about the country of origin of the watch and its technical specs?
-did the additional photos of real watches satisfy you?
-is the price too cheap for the ā€œextraordinaryā€ watch?

Remember that you carry full responsibility for what you will get. And never forget that nowadays dealers are really trained in selling techniques. So, their primary goal is to make you BUY, regardless of what exactly you intend to buy. Be morally prepared to lose the money for the watch u plan to buy. This is another painful truth we have to accept once we accept being part of the replica industry. If you cannot afford a financial loss and think you wonā€™t be able to get over it, then u better donā€™t do it. Because the risk is always present. Lucky those who buy indeed great imitations. But, I donā€™t think itā€™s only luck. Itā€™s a good investigation of the source providing the watch behind the happy ending. So, if you want a happy ending too, be wiser than scammers and educate yourself on the matter.
Hope for no scams in your future purchases!
great!!! thanks for that!!!
from all the "fairy tales" coming from scam dealers, the most I love is the "it's a gen and I sell it only for $100 cause I like you; you seem a good person" šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ that's the argument I heard from a dealer while on holiday in Thailand šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

staYingPosiTIve!!!

good and always up-to-date reminder... thank you for the post! we might unintentionally omit 1-2 steps form the list, so reading this again and again will minimize any potential risks

platoonshrek

Personally know people that paid for reps and didn't get neither the rep, nor the refund. it was painful and hurt a lot. We sat with that person and began digesting all that had happened and analyzing what possibilities he had.
We concluded that he didnā€™t check the veracity of the dealer, the watch was too cheap for the ā€œspectacularā€ features and quality the dealer promised, the dealer was evasive in speaking clearly about the origin of the watch, the website wasnā€™t secure (lacked http), no warranty and return policy available on the website.

That person understood where exactly he screwed it up. So, I completely agree that its critical assume responsibility and the more you are informed, the better for u

peGASus4338#!

with so many risks, it gets frightening buying them...
im not strongly addicted to the hobby, but I do buy reps occasionally to give them as presents for my nephews, cousins, etc. they love them. luckily, I never had awful experiences and im so sorry for the people who does have. be careful when ordering online!

concientE

phenomenal reminder. thanks a lot for the post. actually, I think it's a great piece of info not only for the newbies, but for the profit' also. even though im in the replica hobby for some years, I simply forget about the risks, being so sure that im such an expert that I eve dont need to ckeck all that stuff anymore. and I admit it's not ok. so thanks, good to make a cold informational shower once in a while

CoVriGoooU

great piece of info!!!
newbies must get familiar. also, I've spotted that for as far as the replica Industry upgrades, the further go the scammers as well.
From newer scam schemes, people begun to receive text messages inviting people to access a link with a special offer for replica watches with an additional watch gift. Selecting the link leads you to provide some personal info in order to get your gift. Thatā€™s a new strategy, or at least new for me. I didnā€™t know about such a scam until my friends told me about that.

My question is how do these messages get to people that indeed are interested in watches? Thatā€™s curious and frightening how far they can go!!!
watch out, guys!! Always!!!

PpiroJookK88735

thanks for the reminder! though, in the 21st century, I think every online user must be already familiar with all types of risks!

Cacktoos

so many thank YOUs for the information. with my zero knowledge in the hobby, it makes me tidy up the chaos from my head regarding reps and risks related to them. I really didn't know what to consider and where to start from, buying replica watches. all the stores look so perfect and professional, and all of them promise such a great quality, even for the $100 price. turns out that there so many aspects I even didn't think to consider...
I was about to make some huge mistakes without this piece of info! thanks for that!!šŸ„øšŸ„øšŸ™

Sunnybunny

good to know, thanks!!
I've already talked to 3 customer support departments from 3 different dealers. all of them hesitate a lot in giving answer to the questions I ask regarding specific technical features. one of them even replies me within 4-6 days...
is that ok? do these seem as scams? or maybe they just don't have enough time and knowledge to process my emails?!...what do u think?

carRacer638854

nice thoughts, good to know all of them, and it's important to understand that the responsibility is always on us as customers!!! no matter what we buy!!!