Sellita mechanism

NETEriuM

Not once heard that the 2824s had troubles with manual winding. It seems that there is soft metal in one of its gears.

The same issue was reported in the SW200s. But it’s hard to say if Sellita is using the same soft metal in its movement. Also, the sw200 was reported to have a winding issue that was later excluded with its next iteration in the sw200-1.

The new iteration came with redesigned gears tooth profile. The sw200-1 runs pretty well. I know that for sure since a friend of mine uses one. No issues with the accuracy, +2,5spd with slight variations from one month to another.

igivente

My father owns an Eternal Super Kontiki running on Sellita SW-200-1, performing around +2sec/day. He recently left it in the box for the whole day and wound it the next day with a few spins. He called me and asked me if it was normal that the rotor had begun to spin while he was winding the piece. He also told me that the hand winding felt unusually tight and had like some “steps” mainly at the moment when the rotor starts spinning with the manual wind. I think it needs to be properly lubed in the interior so thinking I’m going to take it to service. No previous issues my father had with this watch, wears it about 6 years

thiN1k1ngTWICe

When researching for my first mechanical watch, I was spotting pieces running on ETA 2824 and Sellita SW 200. At that moment, most sources suggested them for their accuracy and easy serviceability. So, I got an Oris running on SW-200. Kinda satisfied for the first period, until I got some other 7S26 Seiko movement pieces. That was the moment when I began spotting the difference. True that everything is known in comparison. I felt like the SW-200 lacked that sort of robustness present in the 7S26.

I spotted that the hand winding was kinda sandy. In addition, not really sure if the second hand is direct drive with 2824 but there is for sure more slop compared to the 4r36 second hand. The day-to-day accuracy is not as precise as expected, even though the beat rate is pretty high at 28.000 mph. Along the way, had to be serviced several times, even though I wasn’t wearing it as frequently as other pieces. Trying to be objective here, but seems that Citizen and Seiko are a bit more reliable. From my own experience, don’t really see why are SW 200 and eta 2824 considered beyond Seiko or Miyota. Didn’t have issues with the latters.

staYingPosiTIve!!!

Not afraid of this movement at all. Sellita is used by Raymond Weil, Tag Heuer, Hublot, and Sinn in their watches. Most people blaming the mechanism don’t tell the whole story. In many cases, they aren’t accurate with their watches, either don’t wind them properly or don’t clean them regularly. As a result, watches tend to impair, but it’s not always because of the wrong movement. Sellita improved significantly a couple of errors reported by customers.