Solid vs open caseback

Nobbing

at first, open casebacks seemed to me something WOW. I ended up buying a few watches with display backs. However, my interest quickly decreased and I wish I would have pid less for this feature. the point is that open casebacks have almost no significant value. i mean, you notice the movement a few times, and then you don't even pay attention to it anymore... why then exceed the price? i mean, i'm fine with paying the same prive for the watch with or without open display. But to pay more for the display - NO, THANKS

I can get those movement views on youtube

I don't think I would buy an open caseback for a sports/daily/diver watch. that is, in watches that prioritize durability, I think that open casebacks have no significant value. sporty watches are meant to provide durability and efficiency in any circumstance. if I wore an open caseback, I would think more about how to protect the watch from impacts than doing what I have to do in the gym or in other active tasks....

instead, I would get a formal watch with an open caseback. these watches are for beauty and aesthetics. and an open mechanism is exactly what is needed to show its beauty... in addition, everyone can make a beautiful dial... what about a beautiful movement?)

Calatrava

i don't mind having an open display on my watch... but i don't pay more for this extra feature. the caseback leaves me indifferent regardless if it is open or not. I don't see why I should pay some extra money for it... after all, it's the watchmaker who wants us to see his masterful movements 😂 why should WE pay for it? 😂😂

either way, I know exactly what I'm looking for in my watches and I trust the brand I buy them from.. so don't need a special proof for it, especially since I don't really sit around looking at movements)