Some crucial truths about replica watches

Thereld

@EasyPeasY57299 you should have appointed at the beginning of the post that it is your exclusive subjective opinion. people take your post as the absolute truth about reps, and it isn't. some of the points you mention are right, but some of them are disputable or even wrong.
You seriously confuse people on your 2nd point about quality grades. According to your opinion, there are no grades at all, which is not true. The 3rd point is partially true. The 4th one is complete confusion. You cant compare yes with low-quality reps. Itโ€™s obvious that the fakes will be easily spotted. You should take a high-quality rep as an example to compare. Or better yet, provide some pictures you took, once youโ€™ve performed such a deep analysis.
Your post is not 100% proven and has a lot of disputable aspects in it
u are right but i think that we start to talk about it, and if any of us is going to write about what they actually think it is going to be confusing. me 2. have a lot of thoughts about the quality of replicas... during 30 years i have seen to many different things, and i think that there is never going to be one universal truth. the quality standards based on levels ....how should it be applied? i mean... one single supplier can have much different quality of rep watches. some of them are good some of them are bad... really bad.. i have seen it so many times. so for newbies, and i see that there are a lot of newbies that are not that informed and maybe know nothing bout the rep world this is a little bit confusing.
if the newbie is going to use ur points on diff. online stores i think that he is going to go crazy... we need to share here a diff. scale to make them understand that there is never a list of "to dos" that they can apply to every single online store that they find..:unsure:

PpiroJookK88735

why so much drama here? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
it's clear that reps aren't as good as gens. but after all you pay about 200-300$ for a piece, instead of 2000-3000, or better yet, 20,000-30,000$๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. so, it's expected for a rep to have some errors. it just requires careful search for a trusted source ad everything is al good. Why dramatise the subject so much?๐ŸคŒ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cacktoos

I'm far from being a professional in rep watches, so the information is pretty utile, indeed. I wanna know all that is related to reps and this in sight is pretty good.
to tell the truth though, I'll take this info not as an absolute truth, but only as a vigilance clues...

PpiroJookK88735

I'm far from being a professional in rep watches, so the information is pretty utile, indeed. I wanna know all that is related to reps and this in sight is pretty good.
to tell the truth though, I'll take this info not as an absolute truth, but only as a vigilance clues...
and that's the right way to go... half of the post is disputable, just like you saw in the comments... after all, it's just a subjective post, based on some personal ideas and opinions

Sunnybunny

well, what would you expect from a watch being about 200$? 904 steel? c'mon, the post sounds so dramatic, but you forget one thing. these watches are made illegally, they are made by persons who dont' have pretty much knowledge and expertise in horology. how can you blindly believe that they are all 100% quality?! obviously, a 200$ watch can't be assembled by hand, or can't be from 904l steel... there's too much marketing around reps... after al, they are just simple watches resembling their genuine models...

Thereld

this is pretty clean basic information that is important to know and take into consideration. not such a thing as not absolutely true. everything that was written here is actually true. the thing about some minimal changes in some info according to the site and model can be, but generally speaking, the information is accurately presented, especially for those that are not that into knowing how to sport the best reps.

Cincinnati

you are wrong at point 4!!! you talk about high quality reps, and then you say that these cost $150. but a high-quality rep can cost even around 3K USD. and such a replica really looks extremely close to the authentic watch. i had a friend who had a 1.5K USD Rolex rep. took it to the service for cleaning, and the expert asked "is it gen?" the friend replied "U tell me", to which the expert said that he could not find any clues that would identify it as a fake....

so good, even perfect reps DO exist, it only matters where you find them and who you buy them from

dancerINTHEdark

lol|)))))
so many points I disagree with)

one of them is the no 5!!!!!!
904l steel DOES exist in the replica industry. it would be more correct to write that a $150 knockoff is unlikely to be made of 904L steel. that would be a correct thought. BUT from what you specified, it appears that neither the 1K ones can be made of 904l stainless steel...
I have interacted with expensive replicas in my life, and I can say for sure that they look good and you can see the difference compared to a 316l... it all depends on the factory that produces it. the only question is where to find it... this thread is much too subjective and must be treated as such

Thereld

you are wrong at point 4!!! you talk about high quality reps, and then you say that these cost $150. but a high-quality rep can cost even around 3K USD. and such a replica really looks extremely close to the authentic watch. i had a friend who had a 1.5K USD Rolex rep. took it to the service for cleaning, and the expert asked "is it gen?" the friend replied "U tell me", to which the expert said that he could not find any clues that would identify it as a fake....

so good, even perfect reps DO exist, it only matters where you find them and who you buy them from
YESSSS!!!
In fact it is true, the best reps are going to cost a lot of money and the quality is proportional to the money that you pay for it!
This is why is very important to mention the right thing, cause you can't even say that a good replica is going to cost $150.
You can forget about getting a replica for $150 and made of 904L... just wtf... only the seel is going to cost you more.. this is simply impossible.
if you see an offer of a watch that costs $150.. and they say that is made of 904L just know that this is th biggest bullshit ever.
i think that such suppliers actually go for newbies that don't know what they are buying and dont even know that there are different type of steel out there...
so messed up....

BenStone

I have objections to point 2.

I agree that you can never have the certainty of a "swiss" replica watch. the swiss ones are indeed not produced in Switzerland, but they certainly have some Swiss components. but what I really wanted to say is that the industry really has different degrees of quality. judging from what you say @EasyPeasY57299, it seems that all replica watches are of the same level, and this is not true. even Asian replica watches are different in quality. factories use different materials in the production process. each factory has its own tools, techniques and machines. as a result, each one offers different quality standards. it is possible to find some absolutely gorgeous asian aaa-grade reps, sometimes even better executed than a rep that claims to be "swiss".

it's like in any other industry. each factory has its own quality standards. someone specializes in quantitative production, compromising quality, someone else focuses exclusively on quality. the customer challenge here is to find the factory and the seller providing the best replica watch version from the range

GeorgeClintonBiden

I totally agree with the point about swiss reps. I can hardly believe that in Switzerland, there are factories that deal with the illegal production of fake watches.... Switzerland has plenty of its authentic watches ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ why does it still need fakes??? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

so, for me, a "swiss" rep is just a term that makes the customer gain credibility in the source of the rep watch.. in fact, these are very good reps, just not necessarily swiss.,. this is a marketing term , no more

Ethan

I will not take your post as an absolute truth, as I have a critical thinking and leave room for my personal experience, but I will necessarily take into account your vision @easypeasy... right now I am planning to get my first replica watch so these insights will be useful to me... tnx

Eugene

i-d say these are some crucial PERSONAL OPINIONS rather than truths... tbh
while there are some good points u spotted, not everything is absolute truth in what you say... for example, the swiss copy movement: it's not about a real swiss movement made somewhere in the Swiss factories; it's rather. movement that copies the structure and architecture of a swiss mechanism. but it is also manufactured somewhere in China or Japan or wherever fake watches are made