Strap change confusions.

Buten

Hello guys, so here is the thing.
For Christmas, my friends got me a Hamilton genuine watch. American Classic Intra-Matic Auto Blue/White. This is really an amazing gift for me as I started to be so interested in watches and all that it is connected to the world of watches. Anyway, the only thing that I didn't like was the strap. i can't say that it is a broad strap, the quality is good, and of course the color is too.. but this one is not a color for me. I would like to change it to something a little bit darker.
Anyway, here is the deal... as I never changed a strap before I don't even know what to do. For sure, im not gonna be the one to change it... im going to let it be for professionals. Don't even bother to tell me that it is not that hard and i can do it myself.. i know this... i just don't want to ruin everything... and im pretty insecure of changing something when i know that i never did it before.

i was wondering if you can help me understand which kind of strap is actually better for Hamilton. i know that the width is important, i know that the thickness is important too, but i have seen some situations when people totally changed the strap width and thickness in comparison with the original strap offered by the original brand. I still don't know if this is a good thing to do or if this is wrong.

The second question is about Classic straps and NATO straps, what is actually the difference? Which kind of watches is better with NATO and which are better with Classic? Please help!

Racrought

Classic staps and the usual straps that you can't ever go wrong. The NATO straps are a little bit more complicated. personally i think that you go with NATO straps for watches that have small case sizes. NATO is a little bit narrow.
Classic straps have even more designs. If you go for real leather as long as Hamilton is a genuine one, you can go with a different style. The alligator straps are still Classic ones and can fit well on watches that offer you the possibility to go casual of classic.
NATO straps are more for casual and sporty types.
Your watch is 40 mm and as you can see the original strap for it is a classic one with an arrow end. Go with a classic for your Hamilton just change the color.

Buten

Classic staps and the usual straps that you can't ever go wrong. The NATO straps are a little bit more complicated. personally i think that you go with NATO straps for watches that have small case sizes. NATO is a little bit narrow.
Classic straps have even more designs. If you go for real leather as long as Hamilton is a genuine one, you can go with a different style. The alligator straps are still Classic ones and can fit well on watches that offer you the possibility to go casual of classic.
NATO straps are more for casual and sporty types.
Your watch is 40 mm and as you can see the original strap for it is a classic one with an arrow end. Go with a classic for your Hamilton just change the color.
thank you sir this is pretty explicit. I honestly think that this can help me with my next watch. I have been confused for a very long time

Youncesomed

i think that after some time, you are going to get the difference between the straps. naturally, it is going to come as you see the watch.
i did this at the beginning when I didn't know how to combine them. i was so enthusiastic about new watches and wanted to try different, accessories for them.
As you can imagine, at the beginning quite all the combinations were wrong.
the best teacher is the internet.
you can try to do what i actually did. i searched for the model that i had and tried to find other photos of the same model with different straps.

Buten

i think that after some time, you are going to get the difference between the straps. naturally, it is going to come as you see the watch.
i did this at the beginning when I didn't know how to combine them. i was so enthusiastic about new watches and wanted to try different, accessories for them.
As you can imagine, at the beginning quite all the combinations were wrong.
the best teacher is the internet.
you can try to do what i actually did. i searched for the model that i had and tried to find other photos of the same model with different straps.
thank you sir, im going to try this one.
actually this is not such a big deal because even if i go with the wrong strap and if i see this i can always change it. the beauty of the straps is that you can change them thank god. so this is what im going to do, in case i need it.

Youncesomed

thank you sir, im going to try this one.
actually this is not such a big deal because even if i go with the wrong strap and if i see this i can always change it. the beauty of the straps is that you can change them thank god. so this is what im going to do, in case i need it.
yes, this is true. the good thing about straps. you can experience all the things of course. just in case if you don't want to spend too much money on straps that you are going to throw away, just ask here. tell us the model and we can help. good luck

Buten

yes, this is true. the good thing about straps. you can experience all the things of course. just in case if you don't want to spend too much money on straps that you are going to throw away, just ask here. tell us the model and we can help. good luckn
I see. cant say that is a big problem with experiencing different straps right now. i can go with it. i know that isnt going to be forever. there is going to be a day when ill got the idea of how and which one. the learning process sometimes need to take some risks. besides this i cant just ask and create new threads all the time i need to change a strap. all the posts here are going to be about it. :LOL:
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Youncesomed

I see. cant say that is a big problem with experiencing different straps right now. i can go with it. i know that isnt going to be forever. there is going to be a day when ill got the idea of how and which one. the learning process sometimes need to take some risks. besides this i cant just ask and create new threads all the time i need to change a strap. all the posts here are going to be about it. :LOL:
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
u can quote me here or someone else in the same post, just save it and that's all. Please don't do a lot of threads about the same thing. be a good boy :D
:D:D

CosmoS

like the NATO straps, but I don't see them appropriate for all watches, and I just can't imagine your Hamilton with a NATO, specifically for the design. The dial of you gen is a ttalbeauty, don't eclipse it by a NATO strap, 'cause the watch will become a messy piece. nato options go well with sports watches with pretty clean dial. so, a contrast appears. otherwise, when the dial is busy with chronos, diverse fonts, and colors, where the hell would u add the nato strap to overload the full view? So, in your particular case, the classy strap is the right way to go and the dial will remain the main focus of the whole construction.. your watch is a cutie, btw!

Youncesomed

like the NATO straps, but I don't see them appropriate for all watches, and I just can't imagine your Hamilton with a NATO, specifically for the design. The dial of you gen is a ttalbeauty, don't eclipse it by a NATO strap, 'cause the watch will become a messy piece. nato options go well with sports watches with pretty clean dial. so, a contrast appears. otherwise, when the dial is busy with chronos, diverse fonts, and colors, where the hell would u add the nato strap to overload the full view? So, in your particular case, the classy strap is the right way to go and the dial will remain the main focus of the whole construction.. your watch is a cutie, btw!
i agree NATO straps of Hamilton nooo. looks like two kinds of pieces that are not made one for another. Hamilton is clear and well made to look good and to underline some classy aspects with modern or futuristics. so definitely no NATO straps.