strap ruining it all in a watch

StatusQUO

Hello everyone,

my question is about watch straps. BETTER SAID ABOUT THE STRAP OF THIS TUDOR. In my opinion, this is the perfect case when a strap ruins the whole thing in a watch. This literally has ruined all the charm on it....

Am I the only one who thinks so? The color seems pretty ok, the strap + color scheme of the case. but, AS A WHOLE, these do not harmonize at all from the stylistic point t of view... what a stupid choice of the strap...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-09 at 13.25.35-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-09 at 13.25.35-min.png
    478.6 KB · Views: 0

dancerINTHEdark

hmmmmm..... good observation actually @StatusQUO ... at a glance, it seems to me that tudor chose a strap matching the case... but, the problem is that it reminds me of denim all the time... . I think that's what @StatusQUO you meant.....

you might like the BB58 material better, given that ithis onecauses you so much repulsion πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚..... however, I think that for the specific case, this denim strap has its purpose...)

Cincinnati

what do you imagine a NATO strap to look like?! it's a quite popular type of strap and embraced and sought after by many people. It's a bracelet option for when you want the watch to have a more casual and comfortable style for lighter circumstances.
besides, I don't understand your frustration. This Tudor is bracelet-changing. so it takes no more than 10 minutes to change it to something you like better. and the alternatives can be cheap...soooo, I don't see a big problem here...

besides, I personally like how it looks. the strap design is very well balanced with the case. the same design motif without great style extremes

HorsePower

I also think that the case and the strap form a very matchy-matchy couple... also, the watch case has a specific design and traditional bracelets would not have the effect as well as this NATO does... it's the case whereas a separate element, maybe the strap doesn't seem very attractive to you, but in the assembly with the case - everything is very well thought out.
there is nothing ruining here) it's just a matter of preferences ;)

Moderatto

well well well πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“..... I really am an admirer of denim-like NATOs.... however, the problem I see here is the quality of the "denim"... it seems to me that something more sophisticated could be chosen for this Tudor, keeping the denim-like pattern.

I really like this omega option with denim strap. How, you see, in the omega case, the denim looks more expensive and matches better the watch exquisiteness. in the tudor case, I see more of a super watch with a cheap strap)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-09 at 13.55.15-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-09 at 13.55.15-min.png
    570.6 KB · Views: 0

StatusQUO

what do you imagine a NATO strap to look like?! it's a quite popular type of strap and embraced and sought after by many people. It's a bracelet option for when you want the watch to have a more casual and comfortable style for lighter circumstances.
besides, I don't understand your frustration. This Tudor is bracelet-changing. so it takes no more than 10 minutes to change it to something you like better. and the alternatives can be cheap...soooo, I don't see a big problem here...

besides, I personally like how it looks. the strap design is very well balanced with the case. the same design motif without great style extremes
I know what a NATO strap means)) the question is why such straps are generally available. yes, I also think that it suits the style of the watch, but the material itself is somehow too cheap and creates a total aesthetic disproportionality. it's like pairing an authentic Trinity ring with a fake bracelet in which the gold layer fades

StatusQUO

well well well πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“..... I really am an admirer of denim-like NATOs.... however, the problem I see here is the quality of the "denim"... it seems to me that something more sophisticated could be chosen for this Tudor, keeping the denim-like pattern.

I really like this omega option with denim strap. How, you see, in the omega case, the denim looks more expensive and matches better the watch exquisiteness. in the tudor case, I see more of a super watch with a cheap strap)
u got the point of what I'm referring to, but I'm afraid that such a NATO would not fit this tudor. I would generally exclude the NATO option and leave it available in the bracelet. after all, there are watches that are ok only with a metal bracelet...

PreciousJohn

I don't understand what exactly frustrates you.... I think it's not right to see the strap separately from the concept of the watch.... imho, I think that they actually fit well. the strap has chromstic elements that can be found in the dial, and it seems to be a logical continuity between the 2.... alternatively, I don't see any problem in attaching another strap if that's not ok.....

I don't see another type of NATo strap for this tudor

BusyAsHell

the only change I would make is to change the golden stripe on the strap. because of it, there is too much gold in this watch, given the fact that the case itself has quite a lot of gold. either way, I don't see this problem so critical as to categorize the combination as an absolute fail. It seems to me that the choice of this strap is quite ok in relation to the style and construction of the watch. after all, it's a matter of taste and style. I know a lot of people who prefer the style combined between elegant and sporty, so I don't see a critical problem here. Everything that is different from the strap in the attached picture is acceptable

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 13.48.07.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 13.48.07.png
    236.4 KB · Views: 0

Rochdale

I don't see anything out of the ordinary with this strap... I think it depends on your subjective opinion... the style is really matching between the case and the strap and I don't see another type of NATO option for this Tudor..... .

for me, any strap that doesn't have holes in it is just perfect, nothing can be worse than a rubber strap with holes in it, like in this picture ... I'm tryptophobic, and everything related to this design disgusts me. .. so everything is defined by comparison.... this case is perfect next to any Iwatch or anything else with a strap with holes 🀒🀒🀒🀒...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 14.12.50.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 14.12.50.png
    298.1 KB · Views: 0

Maric

I think that the color combination between this NATO strap and the watch case is perfect. the only thing that bothers me is the strip in the center of the strap. it is possible that if it were missing, the picture would not look so loaded, as the dial is already quite bright.

however, the model is not as bad as you say @StatusQUO

Maric

the only change I would make is to change the golden stripe on the strap. because of it, there is too much gold in this watch, given the fact that the case itself has quite a lot of gold. either way, I don't see this problem so critical as to categorize the combination as an absolute fail. It seems to me that the choice of this strap is quite ok in relation to the style and construction of the watch. after all, it's a matter of taste and style. I know a lot of people who prefer the style combined between elegant and sporty, so I don't see a critical problem here. Everything that is different from the strap in the attached picture is acceptable
I don't know what has to happen in my life to accept wearing such a strap πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I think only if I lose a bet πŸ˜‚

Drinky

please, just no straps like in the attached photo... the one that covers the watch case from all sides... what is this? bracelet? if so, it looks awful.... or is it a watch, after all? anyway, it looks awful... it's like a cooked cobra.... I can't stand similar attempts at failed designs.... this is what I mean by a strap ruining a watch....

but this tudor ilooks pretty reasonable with its strap. harmonious colors combined, versatile style despite the severity of the case... you can take it even in a leisure environment and it would fit in at all... maybe too much of the golden tone in the whole picture, but anyway, it's quite reasonable by me

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 15.59.26.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 15.59.26.png
    638.2 KB · Views: 0

Myryopod

please, just no straps like in the attached photo... the one that covers the watch case from all sides... what is this? bracelet? if so, it looks awful.... or is it a watch, after all? anyway, it looks awful... it's like a cooked cobra.... I can't stand similar attempts at failed designs.... this is what I mean by a strap ruining a watch....

but this tudor ilooks pretty reasonable with its strap. harmonious colors combined, versatile style despite the severity of the case... you can take it even in a leisure environment and it would fit in at all... maybe too much of the golden tone in the whole picture, but anyway, it's quite reasonable by me
how do I delete it from my memory now?!!!!

@StatusQUO on the same pg as u... don't like the strap... no taste, no luxury in it...

Encantadore59935

too much blue in this whole picture... and I have to admit that for a Tudor, this strap looks too cheap... though, it's not so crazy as to ruin the whole aesthetic of the watch. below average, i would say

BenStone

yeah)) definitely not my style) i mean, it's not the most awful strap I've ever seen, but it's a bit too much flsmboyance in it) the golden hour markers are more than enough for the color accent. in addition, the lugs are also golden and there was no need to add the nato strap with golden stripe. the strap, in this case, had to neutralize the too much yellow from the context, so a clear-blue strap would have been more than enough. but, from what I see, the watch together with the strap seems to be from the Victorian era πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ maybe for some tastes, it's ok)) but I would refrain from such a combination)

Michelangelo

well, it's a watch to be noticed, by me. the combination between the concept of the case and the strap seems very logical and appropriate to me. I don't understand why you see it as a design collapse if I'm honest

Grigio

everything is relative, you know? now that I look at this strap on this Tudor, it seems to me that it is quite ok compared to the strap option in the attached picture.... I hate such straps and it seems to me that there is nothing worse than this.. .it's like a watch casing like those in which you put the mobile phones, not a strap. the role of the strap is to represent an element COMPLEMENTARY to the aesthetics of the dial and the case but not to steal all the attention on it... I admit that some miimalist watches harmonize well with more expressive straps or bracelets, but not in the case where the case is, as in the example of this diver , it is complicated and overbusy per se... the strap rather makes it even uglier... so when I see the strap of this tudor, it seems relatively ok to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 13.42.45.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 13.42.45.png
    832.8 KB · Views: 0

GeorgeClintonBiden

what's the problem? if you don't like it, just dont take it... Get the same tudor in the stainless steel version and that's it... if everyone here tells you that the strap is ok, would you take it anyway????? ? I don't think so πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ anyway your opinion won't change))

if you wonder why such straps are generally released, well, it's a personal taste thing... some enthusiasts love such straps and wear them with pride... in addition, they match the whole outfit so well that these fit perfectly into the context... so, don't mix personal with general prrferences😁