Swatch and omega last year's release. opinions?!

DoctorWHO

hi there
guys, what do you know about the watches that were launched last year by omega and swatch together? I'm not sure if you followed, but the news had appeared that they launched a series of watches valid in specialized stores and gathered thousands of watch lovers who stood in line to catch them. From the Social MEDIA pictures, I had seen that the watches looked quite interesting, and the prices being very attractive for everyone, especially as omega usually comes with not quite cheap watches. Now, these have been announced to be around $250 or so.
I had watched on social media that people were rushing to the stores like crazy to be able to get one. Especially since the Omega inscription had appeared on the watches, which people wanted so much.
Then, I was caught by the release, but I decided to wait a bit until the waters calmed down and until the first reactions from those who bought them appeared. For some time now, I have seen that the reactions are even more crazy, people saying that the quality is very bad, plastic details, resistant to shit and breaking after only a few months.
What do you know about this release? I'm still keeping an eye on those models, but I can't decide, because of the reviews. At the same time, I wonder, was it just a PR for the stores to earn some more money? what do you think of this marketing move in general?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 14.31.34-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 14.31.34-min.png
    574.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 14.31.44-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 14.31.44-min.png
    482.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 14.32.00-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 14.32.00-min.png
    541.7 KB · Views: 4

Karim

ouch, the marketing issues again…

I don’t exclude that that’s the case when pictures look far better than the real watches. I wonder if these watches indeed look as tasty as the pictures you posted. Looking at them, they really make the impression of very vivid and attractive watches.

Still, If I look in detail, I even googled some pictures to look closer, it’s pure plastic and they look too “childish” to me…. For a youngster of 16-17 years might probably be worth it. And I’m not even sure about that, considering the tastes and styles of the actual teenagers….

I don’t think I’d be among the ones to buy these watches… honestly. I’d better go with a good rep instead, but to get a “MATURE-LOOKING” Omega instead of these… or even a Pagani seems to be more attractive, even if I have never had one and am not a big fan of it…

Right before Xmas, I visited my friend in London and took advantage to visit a Swatch store in the neighborhood. Wasn’t planning to buy any watch, but also couldn’t miss the chance. There I saw a Moonwatch models’ case and was astonished to see how different they looked in reality, compared to what we are used to seeing on the internet. These looked so different. The shop wasn’t selling any of them, they were just for exhibition, but I thought What’s there to exhibit if they look so …. Cheap and ran down?! Ad the ironic part is that I discovered there other swatch models that I didn’t know before, impressing me so much. That’s what marketing does: distortions the reality

YuliusMeinl

The design seems to be fun. During summer, these would do with versatile outfits somewhere on the beach 😎😎😎

Though, they do look so plastic-like. They actually are… still, I’m not sure that the material is what makes them cringy after all. I think that the way they placed the subdials is the one that disfigures their aesthetics… can’t imagine a real Speedmaster with such a positioning…. would look terrible

If the purpose was to make a little hype and buzz around the companies, “the mission was completed successfully”. sadly, it’s not the result of the swatch and omega themselves, but rather of the marketing department. Swatch and omega had one single task: to provide good quality for these watches. But, from what people say, and not random people, but owners in particular, the watches have a dire quality which somewhat impacts the image of the companies, don’t u think?

I was curious about the event at first. But quickly switched to more important events, only by seeing these “kinder’s watches”. I had already forgotten about this release-mistake

carRacer638854

These models are produced by swatch and feature some moon dust sprinkled, provided by omega 😂 just for curiosity, I’d get one myself. Still, I’m completely are that most probably, I’m throwing m money away because once they get broken, there isn’t much u can do with them…

I’m afraid the blue version will leave blue traits on the wrist. So I’d probably go for the mission on mars. Genuinely, I’m more prone to racer watches and these ones don’t wake much interest in me, rather than curiosity 😁😎 it’s always better to make own conclusions on smth, especially with such a huge hype around them 😁

Sunnybunny

These models are produced by swatch and feature some moon dust sprinkled, provided by omega 😂 just for curiosity, I’d get one myself. Still, I’m completely are that most probably, I’m throwing m money away because once they get broken, there isn’t much u can do with them…

I’m afraid the blue version will leave blue traits on the wrist. So I’d probably go for the mission on mars. Genuinely, I’m more prone to racer watches and these ones don’t wake much interest in me, rather than curiosity 😁😎 it’s always better to make own conclusions on smth, especially with such a huge hype around them 😁
the omega moon dust is all that these watches have from Omega? 😂😂😂😂😂😂 oh, there's the brand inscription also 😁😁

if it was a marketing strategy, all I can say is that it worked perfectly just for the swatch. The latter probably made millions from this release just by adding the brand inscription on the dial. I mean the Omega inscription.

The bad part, I think, is that the Omega image has been dramatically tarnished, at least in my eyes. I'm not used to associating omega watches with trash. And apparently, these are trash with a capital letter...

this is what happens when a brand is managed by an authoritarian holding group.😖😖😖😖 I wonder if Omega would have ever produced such watches, being an individual brand…👀👀

Cacktoos

Hmmm))))) 😎😎😎😎😎

I know a guy that has bought one of those))) he regrets having spent money on it…. Shall I go on with the cons?!
what's the issues more exactly?!!

actually, I'd only try one if a get it as a gift. and only for a short term. bright colors always tire me very quickly... and if I had the budget, it's unlikely I'd get one.... I'd better spend it on smth else

PpiroJookK88735

never get to understand what's the point in these kinder watches, really )))
these are just like toys for kids. my daughter's smartwatch looks more "mature" than this....
and when I only hear that people are going crazy waiting in infinite queues for them......

EVEN IF Audemars piguet and Patek Philippe WOULD BE WRITTEN O THE DIAL, I WOULD PAY A DOLLAR FOR THAT....... marketing for the herd....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 16.35.06.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 16.35.06.png
    336.1 KB · Views: 0

CasPer$$hunteR

I DEFINATELLY LOVE THE "SERIOUS" OMEGA LINE, and not this junk!!!!!!!!! why did they do so? god, I hate so much when names le swatch have people as idiots=, selling them that trash, just to earn some revenue!!!!!! why?

CosmoS

I DEFINATELLY LOVE THE "SERIOUS" OMEGA LINE, and not this junk!!!!!!!!! why did they do so? god, I hate so much when names le swatch have people as idiots=, selling them that trash, just to earn some revenue!!!!!! why?
what do u mean by "serious omega line"? 🤨🤨🤨🤨

actually, I find this release quiet funny and catchy. how else could they Catch the attention of the public, if not with bright colors and playful design?
and also, there is such a thing in marketing like "target buyer persona". seems that the target was the youngsters, with not much income, and very adventurously-spirited. I guess that's who exactly bought pieces from this release.

Watch brands don't design watches for ALL!!!! they have a specific target audience. and if this challenge resulted with a significant revenue for the swatch, it means that the campaign was a successful one. the rest is just opinions....

CasPer$$hunteR

what do u mean by "serious omega line"? 🤨🤨🤨🤨

actually, I find this release quiet funny and catchy. how else could they Catch the attention of the public, if not with bright colors and playful design?
and also, there is such a thing in marketing like "target buyer persona". seems that the target was the youngsters, with not much income, and very adventurously-spirited. I guess that's who exactly bought pieces from this release.

Watch brands don't design watches for ALL!!!! they have a specific target audience. and if this challenge resulted with a significant revenue for the swatch, it means that the campaign was a successful one. the rest is just opinions....
Globemaster, Constellation, AquaTerra, De Ville- that's what serious horology mean. impeccable technical architecture and really accurate, detailed, and gorgeous design. this release as everything but seriousness in terms of design and quality...
and you're right about the target audience. but that's what a brand does when IT HAS NO LOYAL CUSTOMER BASE formed. so you can target whatever you want. but when you, as a brand, have a loyal audience that knows how strong you ca be and what technical marvels you can build, what's the sense in ruining all of that its such a stupid release?
why didi they have to target such an audience, with the price of compromising the brand image?! I think that's nonsense.... I even think that omega would never do such an idiotic step, be it an independent watchmaker. but, whatever, swatch decided everything, and ruined everything....😖

JL$4k029

I see these watches only good for the youth of 14-16 years, to be honest. They do not have high quality expectations, they like vibrant colors to stand out from other young people, and they also want a symbol that suggests a serious brand, which is this case, is the omega logo. This is the audience for which these toys were designed, in my opinion.

@CasPer$$hunteR on the same page. but I think omega didn't have may options but to accept the "demand" form the superiors.... ((

Hameaced

It is not like i don't like what swatch does. It is more about the final result that comes on this work.
I love Omega individually, for me, they look genuine. These models are interesting, but the work with swatch transformed the final result into something that for me doesn't feel like old gold Omega. Too many differences. It is like the watch is more something else than Omega, There are some details, especially on the dial, that reminds of Omega, but honestly less than I would like it to be.

Personally, i would go with the classic Omega models. There are so many, and you have a lot of different styles and details. You can always choose and go with a lot of them.

Hich40

I like it, i really like what they do.
Ibrahimovich can tell you a lot about these watches, especially about Mission on Mars. The white and red one.
Not my fav tho.
The Mission on Earth with bioceramic moons watch seems to be the one for me. In fact, it looks like Omega is you analyze the dial. I tried to cover all the parts except for the dial and had the same feeling that I get from normal Omega.
When you uncover other parts of the watch, you can see that there are some details on the case and lugs that are going to make you feel how good the interaction between Omega and the swatch went.

It is pretty hard to create such watches. Usually, every single brand has a vision of how the final products should look. This is why a lot of brands don't interact with other brands. When you create such watches, you need to accept the differences between other brands. You have to accept what they thing and that they are different. You have to find compromises but at the same time understand which one is doing the right this. Accept when your details or ideas are not good and go with the right version when the partner is not actually good at thinking about some details.

The most important idea is the final result. The products that are going to arrive to the customer.

They did a great job. I forgot about these models so thank you for reminding me. Gotta inform me about reps. Are they available yet? Is there someone who knows>? I mean the good ones, the AAA or clones.

Eddie

oh my heavens!😂😂 I just replied to "what makes u love omega brand" inn other thread and now I've got to criticise it here 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Actually, I don't have praising words for this idiotic marketing move with the above mentioned collection, sorry 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃 only criticising words) I love this brand, though not the number one fan of it. So, I'm talking from a regular watch lover perspective here:
once you get used to a brand producing spectacular watches such as the constellation, or the recent marstimer only good for another PLANET, the brand launches a line of crap, excuse me for uncensored words. how would you like the world to react? of course as reluctant!!!!!
I assume that Omega was somehow indirectly involved in this release, but still, the name was tarnished. I, who know the capabilities of the brand, will not change my opinion about it.
But someone who had no idea about it until now, what impression could he make, seeing the Zero quality of these watches? pity for Omega, I know that swatch had the last word in this situation...😖😖😖😖

Hameaced

oh my heavens!😂😂 I just replied to "what makes u love omega brand" inn other thread and now I've got to criticise it here 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Actually, I don't have praising words for this idiotic marketing move with the above mentioned collection, sorry 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃 only criticising words) I love this brand, though not the number one fan of it. So, I'm talking from a regular watch lover perspective here:
once you get used to a brand producing spectacular watches such as the constellation, or the recent marstimer only good for another PLANET, the brand launches a line of crap, excuse me for uncensored words. how would you like the world to react? of course as reluctant!!!!!
I assume that Omega was somehow indirectly involved in this release, but still, the name was tarnished. I, who know the capabilities of the brand, will not change my opinion about it.
But someone who had no idea about it until now, what impression could he make, seeing the Zero quality of these watches? pity for Omega, I know that swatch had the last word in this situation...😖😖😖😖
you think that this is what was about?
are they so bad? seems so odd to me, as a lot of celebrities are going with these models. it is enough to search in order to see it. i don't think that there are going to go with such watches if they are bad. for me, it was about the design and some aspects that i physically don't like and i think that they eliminated the idea of omega in this combination. but this is just my sensation.

Hich40

i don't think that you are totally right about it.
this line is cool actually, i have seen and tried the model as genuine.
it is amazing and has super cool materials used for the production. they are really
light and work amazingly. i don't know what you don't like. I really think that this is not the case.
The idea that Omega didn't participate in this can't be real. They have a really good reputation and i don't think that they can ever risk this reputation for anything. There is quality control working hard for Omega. At for sure, they are not going to accept this!

MinervuS

i don't think that you are totally right about it.
this line is cool actually, i have seen and tried the model as genuine.
it is amazing and has super cool materials used for the production. they are really
light and work amazingly. i don't know what you don't like. I really think that this is not the case.
The idea that Omega didn't participate in this can't be real. They have a really good reputation and i don't think that they can ever risk this reputation for anything. There is quality control working hard for Omega. At for sure, they are not going to accept this!
agree here....

it seems to me that you are all exaggerating when you say that these watches are too typical. Draw attention to details!!!!. where there is a lot of color in the straps, there is little color in the dial. the nude and brown versions in general seem very successful to me. and that black one is also quite ok, I would wear it with great satisfaction.
I think there is too much fuss about the subject. after all, not all watches have to be formal. something versatile and dynamic is always welcome. and the fact that they were bought like hot bread confirms it!!!!

Hich40

agree here....

it seems to me that you are all exaggerating when you say that these watches are too typical. Draw attention to details!!!!. where there is a lot of color in the straps, there is little color in the dial. the nude and brown versions in general seem very successful to me. and that black one is also quite ok, I would wear it with great satisfaction.
I think there is too much fuss about the subject. after all, not all watches have to be formal. something versatile and dynamic is always welcome. and the fact that they were bought like hot bread confirms it!!!!
of course, everyone loves different styles, but fs you cant say that they are typical and equal for everyone. this is wrong. The style of these watches is super cool, they look amazing. You cannot love the style but for sure you can't say that they are not good. Especially when you never saw the original version. A lot of stars and celebrities actually love them and think that they are amazing. I don't think that they are stupid. This is the moment of conclusion, judging by people that decided to wear the watch.