swiss replica vs swiss clone

Twirejj4279

Hi fellows,
I’d like to know your opinion about the difference between Swiss replica watches and clone replica watches. Which one is better? And why? To me, they are both high-grade quality, but I can’t exactly make the difference between them. Actually, I do understand that a Swiss replica is made in Switzerland, or at least come components are. A clone can be not only Swiss, by Asian as well. But what about a Swiss replica and a Swiss clone replica? Share some personal insights on the matter, pls

BrIerNAN

I have 2 Swiss replicas of Omega. Their quality satisfies me completely. Until you wrote this question, I thought they were the same
:D

Precision, accuracy, everything works well on them. I've never visited a repair boutique so far, considering that I have had them for about one year and a half and two years, respectively. I thought all Swiss replicas are the same as Swiss clones, aren't they?
All Swiss imitations seem to be extraordinarily fabulous from their technical angle as well as design. Honestly, I see no difference between them

ondOntra

I had the same question a couple of years ago. Especially when the replica industry began to expand seriously proposing different quality grades. At first, I only knew that replicas= counterfeits. And it took some time until I understood the difference. First, they are not the same as counterfeits simply because in the replica industry the term “quality” means something. `as for the counterfeit, there is all you want but not quality. Counterfeit is focused on quantity instead, and on optimizing it through low, very low materials.

On the other hand, “quality” is the priority of many replica manufacturers and the Swiss replicas are a good example.
And regarding the difference; swiss clones actually mean identical models of genuine watches. Some swiss clones even come with genuine movements taken from original watches that are no longer in functional condition. Everything is identical: aspect, weight, finish, dimension, and accurate craftsmanship of every single detail.

The “usual” Swiss replicas come with the same high-grade quality. The difference is that the manufacturers allow minor errors in weight, for example. A minor error would refer to a +-1 g difference. Also, the clones are usually priced a little higher.
You can watch a couple of YouTube videos on original vs fake swiss clones to see how spectacular the resemblance is. The same happens with the “usual” swiss replicas. They look astonishingly close. But, under the microscope can be spotted some minor differences in finishing or edges accuracy. UNDER the microscope! Which means that it is almost impossible to to spot the differences with the naked eye

At least, this is how I perceive the difference, based on my own research

LIgHtere

I found swiss replicas by $600 and swiss replicas at $900-1000. Clones are about $1100-$1200. there might be specific differences between them. For example an "usual" Swiss fake can have a Swiss-made movement while the case and other details can be japanese. In contrast, the clones come with a full Swiss set of components. Clones have identical construction, structure and design imitation. Some "regular" Swiss-made fake can omit a luminous hand, for example, but never compromising quality. So, in terms on quality, these are on the same level to me. In terms of design aspect, the regular Swiss fakes might have minor errors.

hATeAndLovewaTCheS

There is definitely a difference between them…and not only in their price. It is true that the price for the clones is higher. But they also come with a more precise resemblance to genuine watches. “Simple” swiss look great as well, but the difference in aspect is more obvious. While ALL swiss clones are identical, not all swiss replicas are identical. You have to struggle a bit until finding a perfect swiss imitation.

Also, the quality might be different. While all swiss clones come with 2 years and up of warranty, “usual” swiss have an up to 2 years of warranty

vingNEgy

I interacted with both Swiss clones and “regular” Swiss-made reps. Can’t really say to have spotted any visual difference, except for the price. I think those Swiss-made reps that have a questionable look and are not close enough to the genuine watches, can be “scam” pieces. Maybe dealers sell them as being “Swiss” while in reality, they might be Japanese, which would explain their inferior quality and design

CasPer$$hunteR

Never had a clone because of the price, but had and still have a couple of swiss reps. Amazed with the quality6, functionality, movement operation, time precision and etc… the design is extremely close to gens.
My friends and I even had fun after a party comparing the rep with the genuine item. Not boasting, just letting you know that we could hardly detect differences. When I have the money, I’ll have a swiss clone and will let u know the differences:D

sEVENDEM

it's not more than marketing... both are similarly reliable and durable, featuring highest-quality materials and components. because of the marketing, the prices are higher for the clones

NETEriuM

I have a similar debate in my mind: what's the difference between a Swiss movement and a top Swiss movement)))) it's very close to what you @Twirejj4279 ask here :)
I suppose the automatic movements are asian-made, while the swiss movements are closer to the genuine architecture and the top swiss is identical imitation of the movement... but still need more time to figure it out. As for the difference between Swiss replicas and clone reps, the answer is the same as in my question: swiss reps come with a close movement to the gen, while clones come with an identical imitation of the movement. and of course, the price is also different

igivente

I do think there is a difference, and not only in price. swiss reps can be made of 316 stainless steel, which is not a bad option actually. But the gen model is made of 904l stainless steel and that's the main difference. a swiss clone will always follow the main genuine mode, while a swiss rep will have some deviations from the gen version. "usual" swiss reps are not necessarily worse in quality, absolutely not. But, they do have dissimilarities in materials and design aspects. Clones, on the other hand, are identical for as much as possible, even the movements are cloned, and the watches house Swiss ETA clone movements. Swiss reps have swiss automatic movements but are n to identical clones. They are still reliable but might be different in architecture. Be sure that even an expert will find it difficult the spot the difference between a swiss clone and gen)), can't tell the same about a "usual" swiss)

TropiKanCHO

I do think there is a difference, and not only in price. swiss reps can be made of 316 stainless steel, which is not a bad option actually. But the gen model is made of 904l stainless steel and that's the main difference. a swiss clone will always follow the main genuine mode, while a swiss rep will have some deviations from the gen version. "usual" swiss reps are not necessarily worse in quality, absolutely not. But, they do have dissimilarities in materials and design aspects. Clones, on the other hand, are identical for as much as possible, even the movements are cloned, and the watches house Swiss ETA clone movements. Swiss reps have swiss automatic movements but are n to identical clones. They are still reliable but might be different in architecture. Be sure that even an expert will find it difficult the spot the difference between a swiss clone and gen)), can't tell the same about a "usual" swiss)
yep, +1 here...
the difference exists in the manufacturing process, materials, and movement.
to exemplify it better, take a sheet of paper with a certain text on it. If you make a Xerox, it looks identical. so are clone reps.
But if you take a pen a rewrite all the text from the sheet of paper on another clean paper, you'll have the same text on it, the same punctuation. but the "copying" process is different. So are the swiss rep. The final result is the same, you have the same text on your Xerox and on your second sheet of paper. but the main process is different. hope to be clear

DanielDJZI

there's a bit of marketing here, absolutely. however, I also see differences between these two categories. swiss clones are the highest level of watch imitations. "usual" swiss are on s bit lower level. both qualitative enough (is speaking about trustworthy dealers), but less likely of find errors on the swiss clones

VioletteLonGoRIA

clones are closer to the gens as far as I observed. there's definitely big differences between each other, not only marketing. Does anyone here have clone?

randomWATCHlover

clones are closer to the gens as far as I observed. there's definitely big differences between each other, not only marketing. Does anyone here have clone?
I do. Got an Rx Milgauss 116400- BLK Swiss clone. all those saying that there is a sustainable difference are completely right. It comes with. Gen Swiss ETA as a base movement for the modified clone caliber, providing high accuracy and 28,000 vph. 904l stainless steel, manufactured on reverse engineering technology. Featuring a double-core silicone O ring to resist depth and tested successfully, with no water issues either in the interior or on the exterior. Could never find a “regular” Swiss rep with some features. All pics that I’ve been asking for from different stores show some deviations from the gen models. My Milgauss looks identical and believe me or not, I’ve asked many replica enthusiasts to make it a review. So, the difference exists and it’s a consistent one. For those who seek superior resemblance and quality, clones, the Swiss ones, are totally worth having a look at

cheetomargheritto

Ive been comparing my swiss replica Explorer with my Univer guy owning a swiss clone Explorer.
From afar, the reps look identical. Weight is the same, feeling on the wrist is the same. buckle closes with the same compactness. from a close distance, from a very close distance, we spotted a slight difference in dial font. Mine was 1 tone brighter, his was closer to the genuine. the swiss clone crown had a very tight position to the case, mine had a tiny distance between the case and the crown. Both bracelets looked identical with a good finish, only that the clone had a smoother polished areas than mine. the clone run 100% precision, while mine registered uncritical errors running a bit faster than the swiss clone. the weinding run smoother on the clone than on the my “simple” swiss. under the spotlight, we could detect uncritical differences in the bezel accuracy. mine had minor inaccuracies. mine costed $699 while the clone $1, 090 :D

@VioletteLonGoRIA if it helps u)

Almagest

ordered a couple of reps, one of which was a swiss clone for my mom. though not a big profi in the field but could spot the accuracy of its finishing, its weight, shiny polished surfaces and great dial looking. mom though it was a gen and we both sit to spot the differences on gen pics from enet. extremely close resemblance.. runs smoothly for already 7 years.. the rest of the reps I bought have kinda lost their initial look. might be because of the frequent year and tear of course. . but either way, the clone preserves a perfect condition over years

salmeari

different, absolutely...
all the swiss reps ive interacted with have something different form the genuine model. Sometimes it can be differences in dial fonts or patterns. sometimes these may differ in weigh, even though the difference is not critical. swiss clones are perfect "Xerox-es" that can be hardly differentiated from a gen with the naked eye

EasyPeasY57299

marketing guys, it's always and only marketing... there is no such thin g as swiss clone and swiss rep... all off them are asian, named differently to catch your attention and convince u pay more. dont have high expectation from neither of them. it's like a Russian roulette, it might work or it might not. in most cases it does. but dont overpay for something that no one regulates and can't prove by low or some official regimentation. Just enjoy the hobby and don't complicate yourself in finding answers where they dont exist

PeperoNNi

some asian reps look and work better than the so-called "swiss" reps. wouldn't suggest rely much on resounding names line "identical clones, 1:1 clones" etc... better buy from trusted sources recommended by close people or other users. you never know who stands behind the promising high-end rep store