Tag Heuer as a brand. Any thoughts?

Skorsese

Hello everyone,
I would like to know your general opinion about Tag Heuer as a brand. From everything I read, I deduce that it is a Swiss luxury brand, but still, it seems that something is missing for it to be one of the most resounding. Some of the models appeal to me a lot, but I have reservations. I really want to get a good brand watch. And the prices seem very attractive to me. Prices around 3-4K sound very good for a Swiss watch. But when I compare with Rolex and Omega, I see that the prices are from 7k upwards, and I wonder if Heuer is not somehow too "inferior" considering the prices it proposes.
I'm a little confused, and grateful for any ideas and comments. At the same time, what would you choose instead of Heuer, as an alternative?

Greg_B

I had the same reluctance some time ago. after some research, I came to the conclusion that the most expensive Heuers are worth the price. but the more advantageous line in terms of price, as 3-4k is not really worth the money. because these watches yield a little technically and aesthetically compared to other watches such as Tudor, for example. for 3-4 K a tudor would give you more

MinervuS

I had the same reluctance some time ago. after some research, I came to the conclusion that the most expensive Heuers are worth the price. but the more advantageous line in terms of price, as 3-4k is not really worth the money. because these watches yield a little technically and aesthetically compared to other watches such as Tudor, for example. for 3-4 K a tudor would give you more
I agree here. if you look at the carrera of 3-4 thousand, it is truly fascinating duypa design. I appreciate Heuer's effort in creating dress watches. but I'm afraid that it's not enough for a 3-4 k house to be just "beautiful". they should also have some more serious technical skills. if i had to choose between carrwera and tudor, i would go for 1926 tudor. aesthetically it looks similar, technically - 1926 is more viable. and the price difference is not big

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 13.38.38.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 13.38.38.png
    864.6 KB · Views: 0

WatchOut

welllll, it kinda depends on your preferences..... to my preferences, it lacks something, exactly as you said in the description... and I'm not just saying it theoretically, but from my own experience. I had an aqua racer some time ago. at first, it seemed ok to me, but too soon I lost my enthusiasm for it... it didn't really satisfy my technical expectations, given how much money I paid for it

Eddie

I'm a little shocked from what I'm reading here...
I have at least 2 friends who have heuer watches. one is a railmaster and another a small sec AT. both extremely impressed by the technical profile, resistance, durability and everything a sports watch can offer. they don't even think of changing their watches to something else...

what exactly didn't you like @WatchOut ?

EuGeniuS

I'm a little shocked from what I'm reading here...
I have at least 2 friends who have heuer watches. one is a railmaster and another a small sec AT. both extremely impressed by the technical profile, resistance, durability and everything a sports watch can offer. they don't even think of changing their watches to something else...

what exactly didn't you like @WatchOut ?
r u serious? Aren't these made by Omega? what does heuer have to do with them?

CosmoS

r u serious? Aren't these made by Omega? what does heuer have to do with them?
lolπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I don't really resonate with this brand to be honest. I don't even know much about the technical aspects because I didn't get to them, the watches didn't pass the aesthetic test 😁😁😁
personally, rather than spending 3k on a Heuer, I would probably go for the option of a preowned tudor or Omega watch. I think they have more value, at least at the level of brand awareness🀌🀌. Heuer is somewhere at the level of Oris, which is not bad in fact, but it's not like rolex either.

as long as you haven't become a die-hard Heuer fan, you're still at the right time to get a Tudor😁

nope, don't think so
yes, they are. not all of them, but heuer certainly has some... "A number of TAG Heuer automatic movements are awarded an Official Swiss Chronometer Control" that's the brand official site says... why is it so difficult to click a couple of buttons on your keyboard and make a quick research??????

Karim

yes, they are. not all of them, but heuer certainly has some... "A number of TAG Heuer automatic movements are awarded an Official Swiss Chronometer Control" that's the brand official site says... why is it so difficult to click a couple of buttons on your keyboard and make a quick research??????
i guess you're talking about the caliber 05 movement. This one seems to be reliable, can't say much about it...

as far as I know, the 02 movement is overrated. And besides that, many of the watches are based on Selitta. and the latter are decent, but they certainly do not refer to the higher level of horology; rather, it is associated with the inferior brands of swatch, which still operate on the basis of sellita as relatively accessible mechanisms.
so if it's about quality, I'm not sure it's the most reliable watch house. you can have a heuer when you are simply very attracted by the exterior appearance. but not more than that.

YuliusMeinl

as if everyone who has a Heuer subjects it to extraordinary efforts to test its technical quality πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ.... I'm sure that the majority here wears a Heuer not necessarily because it is technically reliable or not. there are other aspects when it comes to a watch: the resonance of the brand and its history, for example. I personally like Heuer. Not all of them, but some of them are quite ok for my taste. And I like that they experiment with mechanisms, materials, new designs.

As if it had a better technical profile, the price would remain the same 🀨... clearly it would increase dramatically. and in that case, you couldn't afford the watch... so, for its category of customers, the prices vs quality are pretty ok.

my brother has had a bunch of Heuers over the years. of all the ones he owned, he was mindblown by Monaco and Grand Carrera. the rest he wore were kind of...meh...πŸ˜–

he never buys them new because he doesn't trust the initial price. at the beginning all the watches are overpriced. and respectively takes them from the grey market. he always does it with models such as Breitling, Omega, and Heuer respectively. he likes to experiment with watches. and says that like HEUER, all watch houses have successful models and crap models.

vAshayaStar

ha-ha guys, I don't really understand what you are talking about here...

this beauty is indestructible: vintage, 200M WR, jubilee, affordable!!! I don't see anything here to NOT LIKE!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 14.19.57-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 14.19.57-min.png
    761.2 KB · Views: 0

Sunnybunny

and what about getting yourself what u like?
you will never find the perfect watch, if you ask in a community where everyone has their own taste, their own experience, and their own expectations. if that price is ok for you, go for it. the mechanisms, even the "worst" ones from HEUER, which are Selita, are quite good mechanisms. the brand is popular, everyone knows it. you choose the aesthetic yourself according to your preferences. the rest is just your own experience that you will form after wearing this watch for a couple of years ;)

MCGregor

As far as I know, the brand ranks among the luxury watches. For quite a long time I kept hearing about it as being very good, aesthetically and technically. Respectively, even today Monaco and Carrera are like perfect collections, these show the degree of professionalism of the brand. But for some time, when the luxury watch industry began to be ranked according to certain specific criteria, the Heuer brand lost ground in this aspect. Lately, there is a lot of emphasis on inhouse mechanisms. Heuer didn't have them, opting for ETAs instead.
And the second criteria of high standards is the uniqueness of the details and decorations. Other brands work a lot on different styles of complicated and delicate dial patterns, and suggestive of a luxury brand. Heuer, again, did not have them.

However, I notice that in the last period it already understood its mistake. Probably, with new management many things have changed. Already the last watches are running on Heuer 01 and 02. And also, the recent relaunch of Autavia came with gratifying improvements, which seem to be at the level. In conclusion, Heuer is a bit behind with its standards for a "luxury" brand. It takes some time for the brand to react to the demands of the public, but in the end it reacts and implements them. And that matters a lot: the reaction 😁

Cacktoos

I would say that for the relatively affordable prices, the brand offers quite good watches. technically, the company has made quite a significant leap in recent years. But what annoys me about Heuer is the aggressive marketing it adopts. It somehow became too "commercial". I mean, I understand that for the promotion of watches, strong marketing is an indispensable tool. but it spends almost as much on marketing as ROLEX spends.
Now think about what rolex is promoting, and what heuer is promoting)) the level of the watches does not compare, of course)))

and again, I understand where the marketing push comes from)) from LVMH obviously)), which demands results from Heuer. The latter, respectively, must meet annual and quarterly expectations)
Marketing is stronger than the watches themselves. if I put the marketing aside, and analyze the watches, they're actually not bad

chip&dale

I'm afraid I don't really resonate with it.... if I had 4k USD available, I don't really think I would give them for a HEUER..;..NO offense here, it's just that the design doesn't catch me by no ways...

Racrought

hi there, about the tag Heuer, there is a long story. All along these years seemed like there is something wrong with them. In the beginning, when I just started to hear about this, this became something really interesting for me. I was interested to know what actually is wrong with them. You know how usually all people are talking differently about them.
Judging by a lot of reviews on this specific subject a lot of people were expressing a disgusting feeling about the actual quality. I'm not talking about replica watches, the genuine watches are made so much trouble.
Of course, as in many other people, there are those that still love and appreciate this brand but when you compare it to the statistical appearance you can observe that it is actually about the high level of people that are not that satisfied.
Tag Heuer is not the worst on the market, you can still find some brands that are totally messed up with this and you can't even stand to go with it. Tag Heuer.. it is like.. you can still abide it.
Even so, there is a general truth about the price and quality combination. When you see the watch in the photos as a representation you may think that there is something about it. Generally, when you don't know anything about the watch, and when you have never analyzed it before you can see it as something good. Some interesting styles, seems like people have been working on the style and combination and some models can even make you feel like something new on the market, something that you have never had before and you would need to add to your collection.

The second thing that is weird is that when you read the description of the materials used for the production seem to be good too. Really fast and different kinds of models for all tastes and some history behind the invention of a new brand.
The same thing can actually be said about the price. Well, it is not the highest price on the market if you compare it to brands like Rolex or Omega, still, the price is pretty high.
I think that the biggest part of people that have been dealing with watches from Tag Heuer usually thought a lot about the price and if they were worth it. Turns out that the price is not that good and it is not linked with the quality offered. A lot of people are turning back from this brand.
The weirdest thing that I have ever heard, was that a good AAA replica that is going to save you a loooooot and I mean a loooot of money can be as good as the original. In some cases even better.
This is not what you expect from a swiss company that you deal with.. especially when you go with a watch for 7k.

Hich40

I don't like them per se.
There have been some models that I admired and I thought to go for , but a lot of people told me not to. They are weird in a way... actually not worth the money.. the genuine not worth it for sure.
the thing is that the price for the genuine model is proportionated to the price for the replica model. just because a genuine model from this brand is going to cost a lot, automatically the replica version is not going to be cheap either. I talk about AAA reps.
You can say that I can't tell my opinion as long as I didn't tried them. But, after some time when i decided not to go to because of some of my friends, another friend of my got a model.. he got the genuine version for his birthday.. it was such a shiiiiitttt......
i couldn't believe that it was a genuine watch and that it costs so much. when you have seen so many different genuine watches you already know how a good one should look. that one looked cheap.
No thank you, there are so many good and amazing brands out there to explore... :poop:
:poop: