testing the rep watch, before buying...

concientE

hello, people that know it all,
I was curious if all of you test a certain replica watch on the wrist, before placing an online order.
I got complete disappointment with my last Daytona rep. the rep is ok, works flawlessly, and looks good. But it looks terrible on my wrist because it is too big for it and I look like an idiot. I saw the watch pictures on the internet, and I also saw it on other men's wrists. liked it a lot. I thought it would look the same on mine. But, I don't resonate with it at all and don't feel comfortable. once again: I'm satisfied with the rep quality. I'm not satisfied with how I feel about it on. How do you make sure it will fall ok o you, considering that you buy it online?

CringeUser

My friend, yes. I always try to test the rep watch on my wrist. But it wasn’t always like that until I got similar deceptions. I don’t trust the pictures on the websites. In most cases, they are photoshopped. They look might lightweight because of the right position, light, etc… but when you put them on the wrist, they are indeed far more heavy than expected. That’s why the chase to get disappointed is really big.

If I don’t get the chance to test someone’s else rep watch, then I always buy from stores that easily receive them back and return the money. Some stores don’t ask many questions about the reasons you want to return them. And this comforts me a lot. I don’t have to give endless explanations and just say “it didn’t fit me”. And they receive the rep back and refund the money.

And don’t worry. Mismatching is a common thing in this hobby. After all, it’s a rep, and you never know what you get, especially if you get it from an unknown dealer

howdyREP

no big deal... any of us here is prone to such risks of mismatching... pictures on the stores are neither suggestive enough for me... I rely on forums mainly. I ask real owners about the watches I like and they tell me honestly. I have a medium sized wrist and never had such issues previously. What can I tell you?! learn the lesson and go on. if you can, return the rep to the dealer, if not, I think you could resell it, especially given that it is a new rep and it’s a good one, according to what u say…

A DAYTONA REP ANYONE HERE? 😂😂 ( trying to sell your Daytona here 😂😂)

cheetomargheritto

My friend, yes. I always try to test the rep watch on my wrist. But it wasn’t always like that until I got similar deceptions. I don’t trust the pictures on the websites. In most cases, they are photoshopped. They look might lightweight because of the right position, light, etc… but when you put them on the wrist, they are indeed far more heavy than expected. That’s why the chase to get disappointed is really big.

If I don’t get the chance to test someone’s else rep watch, then I always buy from stores that easily receive them back and return the money. Some stores don’t ask many questions about the reasons you want to return them. And this comforts me a lot. I don’t have to give endless explanations and just say “it didn’t fit me”. And they receive the rep back and refund the money.

And don’t worry. Mismatching is a common thing in this hobby. After all, it’s a rep, and you never know what you get, especially if you get it from an unknown dealer
ooooops, have never thought of such a strategy to consider buying a rep from a dealer that easily receives it back... you made me think and I think I might take the example over 😂😂😂😂

@concientE that's ok. it happens. good that it's a rep watch and to a gen imagine you ''ve been waiting for gen for a month and when you finally get it, it doesn't fit you 😂😂😂😂😂 that would be tragic that's why I love rep watches, you test them first and not a big deal if they don't fit. just get another one) the one you have you can give as a gift to some of your friends/cousins/nephews… just like I do with my old reps 😂

CringeUser

Watches on the pics s one thing, those on video are another thing, those at the shop windows are another thing, and those on the wrist is another different thing. I’ve been ordering online reps after a close inspection of videos and pictures, and each time they were trash on my wrist. So, the disappointing experience is very familiar to me. Honestly, up till nowadays when I place a rep watch order, I prepare myself for the disappointment I can get when I put it on the wrist. That’s why I don’t usually buy expensive reps.

I don’t have anyone owning reps so hat I can test them before buying. So, I just have to take the risk. And I must say that those that don’t fit me are good reps and work well. But they just don’t make me feel comfortable. So, overtime is Russian roulette. If they aren’t good to me, I give them to my younger cousins. They are glad of reps of any kind

KaraTisH

so sorry for you, dude
that must be tough, especially when you wait for the rep eagerly.. also, I imagine how happy you were when you confirmed it's a good one, and such a tragedy when understanding that it just doesn't fit you...

honestly, I never had such cases. I had bad experiences with quality, but never with feeling them uncomfortable... maybe it's just your imagination? maybe you can throw some pics with the Daytona on, and we could tell u if it indeed looks awful or not

hiFUProstry

I had a similar experience with the bracelet. it was too long for my wrist and I could not adjust it as the strap wasn't adjustable.
why dont you just return the watch back to the dealer? if it is a trusted one, it should receive the rep back, or at least exchange it on another model. have you tried ti?

to answer your question, no, I ever test them before buying. it's the first time I met such a situation as yours, and it made me think

PeperoNNi

I wish I could have the chance to test them. it would solve so many problems related to size, fitting, quality issues... but, I dont have may people wearing reps around me. and those who do, dont usually have the models I want for my self. so every time I get a new rep, I take it risking it all. I already got used to deceptions and not afraid of the new one

luckily, I got a pretty trusted dealer and dont have problems like this. I only once got a rep I simply didn't like how it looked in reality. and just exchanged it on another one, more flawless.

Almagest

sell it to someone, what's the problem? with reps, everything can happen. tough, I dont see a big problem in your situation. the most important here is that the rep is a good one, according to what you say. it would be cringe if I was a complete trash. I guess the way it looks and feels is more like a subjective opinion, dont u think? maybe it doesn't look as creepy as you think...

personally, I never tested a rep before buying it... though, I think I'll consider that idea following your post)

vAshayaStar

nope, never tasted. though, I dont have many reps, only two pieces and both of them fitted me well. I have-not even thought about testing prior to buying. if it's a good piece, sell it to someone. Daytonas sell like hotcakes

thiN1k1ngTWICe

This is why I always try to buy reps from dealers that offer the chance to return the watch back. Even if you test the rep watch of your Fred on your wrist and buy a similar one, thinking it will look like the one of your friend’s, it doesn’t mean that you’ll get an identical one. Each replica manufacturer has his own technique for manufacturing and assembling them. And the same model bought from two different manufacturers can look and lie differently on the wrist.

With the Daytona you have, it’s a good idea to sell it to someone from this forum. I bet many users would be glad to buy it from you, knowing that it’s a good rep, from what you say. But for the future, I recommend u have your reps from those who accept them back without asking you millions of questions about why. They just accept it back and either give the money back, or you just order another model

EasyPeasY57299

I have no particular techniques to make sure that it will fit. every time, is like a lottery. I only know what types of watches dont fit me in general, and I simply avoid ordering such types of reps. for example, I know that a bracelet watch looks ugly on me. it makes me feel more adult than I am, and I never buy reps with metals straps, but only rubber and leather. also, I know my wrist doesn't look ok with too big cases. so, when I buy, I try to consider the watch case dimensions.

CapOOchino

such a bummer, so sorry for your situation, I really know how it sucks when u dont get what u want... but it could be much worse, believe me

I don't test, honestly. I even never thought about it before. I only pray each time to get the rep according to the quality I pay for 😂😂😂 and not really concerned about how it is gonna look on my wrist.
So far, I scored pretty nice reps, but some of my fellows got bad luck getting lemons. But they bought reps from untrusted stores so nothing surprising here

I don’t really think that every time you will want to have a new rep, you’ll get the chance to test it. I mean, how do you imagine it? Buying only those reps that your friends own, after proofing that they look good? You will want different models for sure. Once this rep is a pretty good one, as you described, then the dealer is a trusted one. Keep in touch with him to get other poppin’ reps and just watch out to not screw it up with the model. Every experience is a lesson

Wervelf

hello, people that know it all,
I was curious if all of you test a certain replica watch on the wrist, before placing an online order.
I got complete disappointment with my last Daytona rep. the rep is ok, works flawlessly, and looks good. But it looks terrible on my wrist because it is too big for it and I look like an idiot. I saw the watch pictures on the internet, and I also saw it on other men's wrists. liked it a lot. I thought it would look the same on mine. But, I don't resonate with it at all and don't feel comfortable. once again: I'm satisfied with the rep quality. I'm not satisfied with how I feel about it on. How do you make sure it will fall ok o you, considering that you buy it online?
I think that first of all you need to identify what is the range measurement for your wrist. For example in my case, i found that from 39 to 42 is the best option for me.

In order to do it, the first thing is to check other watches. You can even go in the original store pretending to buy a watch or just asking for help. If you tell them that you want to buy a watch but you don't know the best diameter for your wrist usually they offer you some different sizes to see how they look on you. I used this trick at the beginning when I started to buy replica Rolexes, and I knew exactly what kind of watches I'm looking for.

chunkeymonkey

C’moooon dude, your reaction is outta pocket really

Some customers dont even get their reps after paying them. others get a trash even if they pay a lot of bucks. You got a nice rep and you’re kicking up a fuss about a goo rep that just doesn’t look the way you expected

Grow up man, and stop grouchin’

You would better share the contact of the dealer if hi’s so cool as u say 😂😂😂😂

concientE

thank u guys, for all of your opinions. especially @chunkeymonkey for your so "construtive" one... hope u get the same support in your answers as yours 😒

actually, I did found a fellow to buy my rep. and the point was not that I was complaining, but rather to find out how people usually buy reps and what criteria they consider usually

Wervelf

C’moooon dude, your reaction is outta pocket really

Some customers dont even get their reps after paying them. others get a trash even if they pay a lot of bucks. You got a nice rep and you’re kicking up a fuss about a goo rep that just doesn’t look the way you expected

Grow up man, and stop grouchin’

You would better share the contact of the dealer if hi’s so cool as u say 😂😂😂😂
his situation is different, your situation is different and everybody has different stories to tell. You don't need to be rude and if something didn't happen to you doesn't mean that this didn't happen to somebody else.
There is no room here for words like " grow up" or something like this.. This guy came here for some questions and to clarify something. He has a question and needs some help if you are able to say something constructive than do this, if not then better just shut up and go further.

Twirejj4279

subscribe @Wervelf
@chunkeymonkey dude, grow up and understand that forums are for giving help and support and information. if you have none of them, why the f*ck r you doing here? Oh, got it, you're one of those seeking support from others, and give a shit instead...

As of the question, I have to say that it made me thinking, so thanks for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
never had issues with fitting the rep, but I only now replied that it's a very probable issue that can happen t anyone actiually
now I think if I should start asking the dealers about the length and width of the bracelet, to make sure it will fit 👀🧐🧐🧐 rep factories make experiments once in a while and it's not excluded they can screw it up sometimes

JL$4k029

actually, every time it's a blow or bomb situation. you never know what's coming with a new rep purchase, unless u have a TD. Mine always tells me about improvements or shortcomings when the factory releases a new version of the model. But, also had cases when I got real garbage, even though the dealer promised perfect quality
I just learned to not have big expectations. and if the watch fits me and has an acceptable condition, I'm more than happy.
how to make sure? to get reps from a TD and to not change it. professional TDs build a relationship based on confidence

DanielDJZI

cool down, dear author 😊😊😊🤌 some pay for the rep and don't get it after ll, other pay expensive cash, but receive real trash, others wait for months un til they get it, and others get it broken and the dealer doesn't accept it back)) so, look at the full side of the glass)) I'm just trying' to cheer u up here💪💪💪
idk I there is any possibility to test the rep. I suppose one possible way is to get a replica watch from stores that offer up to one month for return. And be prudent here! some dealers accept it back only if you explain what went wrong. they analyze your request and CAN REFUZE IT if they don't feel like your argument is strong enough. And in your case, the argument isn't strong enough)))) don't get mad at me, just trying to help.

also, some dealers accept the return whatever the reason, they dont all the WHYs, just refund you the cash. I suppose these are the dealers you should built relationship with 😉😉😉