timepiece or statement piece?

J9$!Dw23

like there are formal watches and sports watches, there are also daily watches and statement ones. No matter how much u love statement pieces, you can't take one to your office, you have to take the daily one, unless you dont want to look as a jerk. so I think these are two separate watch categories in general and you just simply wear them according to the environment and social circle. sometimes, the formal event requires a statement piece on the wrist. so why not wear one?

thiN1k1ngTWICe

for me the priority is the time-indicating purpose. no need in chunky and flamboyant design to love my watch. I love the watch for its precision and long service. that's what matters on the first place

whySOniCE456

both of them combined... seeing here ideas suggesting a traditional bracelet instead of a statement watch.... don't agree with that :D
why not combine a watch with a statement charisma? for example, im passionate about women wearing statement watches, stick to them immediately. even if the outfit is casual and minimalist, the statement piece on the wrist makes all the effect

TesaLLiuM8565

both of them combined... seeing here ideas suggesting a traditional bracelet instead of a statement watch.... don't agree with that :D
why not combine a watch with a statement charisma? for example, im passionate about women wearing statement watches, stick to them immediately. even if the outfit is casual and minimalist, the statement piece on the wrist makes all the effect
you bastard πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ r u married?!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
don't quite like loud watches. dont resonate with them. so time-indicating purpose and functionality is what suits me better

it depends on the limits of the "statement" concept... if statement= flamboyance and overpowered design, than no, I dont stick to such watches, if the "statement" accepts exquisiteness through minimalism, than yes,"statement" is for me

the primary purpose I the time-indicating function. when I bought them, I wanted my watches to look expressive... does it count for the "statement"?!

chip&dale

it's good to have different watches for different purposes. I would never get my Daytona to the ym for example, considering it's a statement watch. for the gym, I need a practical G-shock, and not a Daytona running like an idiot on the treadmill... so was are u talking about? every watch has a purpose. some are for statement to be worn in respective circumstances, others are like workhorses, worn for their practicality and serviceability

dailydose

both...but time-showing role is stronger
imagine a world without watches at all, no pocket watches, no digital or big clocks on the wall, no smartphones, nothing...imagine the chaos... how would you resist to keep time? no way. no statement accessory would help you there. and you will be ready to give up any "beauty" purpose just to have something to tell you time. otherwise, we would align to morning roosters πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
statement purpose was invented by people to implicate things, as they usually do)))

ArnoldTHEgreat

both...but time-showing role is stronger
imagine a world without watches at all, no pocket watches, no digital or big clocks on the wall, no smartphones, nothing...imagine the chaos... how would you resist to keep time? no way. no statement accessory would help you there. and you will be ready to give up any "beauty" purpose just to have something to tell you time. otherwise, we would align to morning roosters πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
statement purpose was invented by people to implicate things, as they usually do)))
cock-a-doodle-doo 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

PpiroJookK88735

different watches have different purposes. I have them both: some for daily practicality and functionality, others for statement purpose. all depends on where I go and what impression I wanna make

bagaBOO57335

just like you can't say with is better smartwatch or traditional watch, exactly similarly it's impossible to separate these two options s. both are relevant, considering the circumstances. sometimes all u need is just a simple watch to show time. why would u wear a statement piece for this purpose?! unless you wanna lookalike n idiot...
also, sometimes a statement piece is what u need to make impression. a modest, cheap, usual watch wont help u much in this. so both versions are true

Cacktoos

every watch has its own role, by me... some have the role of being statement, and others have the role to be utile and practical, even despite their low value

carRacer638854

I find this question stupid, sorry
every watch has its purpose.. it's impossible for all watches to be statement pieces... why would you need to wear a statement piece when u just need something to count steps, speed and other utilities?!:mad:

I find this question stupid, sorry
every watch has its purpose.. it's impossible for all watches to be statement pieces... why would you need to wear a statement piece when u just need something to count steps, speed and other utilities?!:mad:
partially agree.... there are people who buy statement pieces exclusively. for other purposes like counting steps, speed and stuff like that they use their phones. and vice versa, some see statement pieces as useless, with no functions, only some gems and diamonds costing s fortune. so, stop discriminating around here....

people buy what they like and need. so both options (statement and practicality) have the right to exist

Eugene

opt for both in one...
i mean, first of all, it's a time telling piece. so i use it for a definite purpose to know the time and maybe some other features and functions. But I never buy too simple watches. I always look for the functionality to be integrated in a style that pleases the eye. I like to receive appreciations for my watch, so trying to combine the two purposes in one

Albert

it depends on the context.... I like statement pieces. But I admit that I wouldn't wear one every day because it doesn't fit into the context. So owning both statement and utilitarian watches... the utilitarian ones are more versatile and more practical for my daily needs. So why should I wear a statement piece if it doesn't serve me anything other than as an aesthetic accent? So every watch has its role and everyone chooses it according to their needs...

I like a watch to be serviceable. That's why I opt for various functions and complications in them. At the same time, the statement ones give me aesthetic satisfaction, but I admit that they are not very utilitarian for what I need