watches vs accessories

hello, fellows,
nice to meet u here! would you please share your experiences regarding watches and accessories?! google articles write about the fact that watches should be paired with accessories in a specific way. otherwise, a person wearing unmatching accessories doesn't look quite well. Here I mostly refer to boil watches on one wrist, and some steel or silver bracelets on the other. or also, the bracelet of the watches should be matching with the material of the belt. I'm not sure about these rules being actual anymore. Wherever I look around, I see such atypical combinations of accessories that my mind is simply blowing, wondering why people make such unusual combinations.
I like watches and I have a lot of accessories. so far, I've been trying to match them according to "etiquette". now that I look round, people combine watches and accessories in the most insane way. My question is wether I got out of date, or people know noting about matching accessories with watches...
Would you pls share how you couple them??? Maybe it's time that I make some changes in my fashion sense...

carRacer638854

I dot know ow your "etiquette" looks like, but mine is the classic and simple one: leather strap watches are for the leather accessories. if my leather bad is black, no chances for me to wear a brown belt or brown shoes (it's just an example, I forgot when I worn shoes the last time, probably when I married my wife...). and if it's about s stainless steel case, all my metal details are in the same tone, belt clasp, piercing, my earring, I love that kind of stuff. and I match them according to the same type of metal more or less.

don' really care about the brushed or polished surfaces. both of them will do on me. so, the classic way...

DoctorWHO

I don't even match watches with my outfits. I the morning, I just grab the first watch that comes to my hands, put the clothes on and go to work. all my watches are more or less versatile in style, and they go with all I wear. and my outfits don't really differ from each other. more or less the same style for all the clothes.

that's why it's important to get versatile watches. they fit well with everything...

Karim

I mostly follow the etiquette when it's about the formal style: suit, tuxedo and staff like that. it's stupid not to follow the guidelines in such cases. wearing a black belt with a brown leather watch it's an idiotic approach for me...

for the casual style, I don't pay much attention to it... currently, there's such a mess with the fashion trends that you don't even get to understand what's right and what's wrong. so, everything is acceptable
for the rest of the people, don't really pay attention to how they couple accesories... they just follow their own style,, why should I care much about it?

YuliusMeinl

hello, fellows,
nice to meet u here! would you please share your experiences regarding watches and accessories?! google articles write about the fact that watches should be paired with accessories in a specific way. otherwise, a person wearing unmatching accessories doesn't look quite well. Here I mostly refer to boil watches on one wrist, and some steel or silver bracelets on the other. or also, the bracelet of the watches should be matching with the material of the belt. I'm not sure about these rules being actual anymore. Wherever I look around, I see such atypical combinations of accessories that my mind is simply blowing, wondering why people make such unusual combinations.
I like watches and I have a lot of accessories. so far, I've been trying to match them according to "etiquette". now that I look round, people combine watches and accessories in the most insane way. My question is wether I got out of date, or people know noting about matching accessories with watches...
Would you pls share how you couple them??? Maybe it's time that I make some changes in my fashion sense...
"Here I mostly refer to boil watches on one wrist"- boiled?????

stay true to your style.... wy do u need to overthink your entire style, just because some people go mad around u regarding fashion tendencies?

I still remain a follower of the old fashion, silver with silver, gold with gold, steel with steel. I have raised in such standards and I do not plan to adapt them.
I sometimes allow myself to exaggerate with the accessories, but very rarely. usually this happens in the summer when we go on vacation. I can wear a watch with a bunch of braided bracelets or something like that. even under such circumstances, I opt for a watch with a material band to match the braided bracelets. so, somehow I still comply with the classic standard rules

what do u exactly mean by "atypical combinations of accesories"???
some atypical combinations look fabulous if are made up by great designers or by simple people with a great and specific taste for fashion... and also, can look horrible in the whole sense of the word....

I usually disregard other people's ways of matching accesories and watches, but to me it's terrible to see a brown bag matched with black shoes. the same goes for the watches. if it's a stainless steel bracelet, don't really understand to put on some loud loud bracelets and accesories... it's a mater of fine taste, after all...

wait... whaaaaat? you guys are like from the previous century, really.....

clearly, the classic style of mixing gold with gold, silver with silver, black leather belt with black leather strap continues to be uptodate, because it's classic. BUT!!! you can't say that other combinations look stupid.... what kind of aesthetic taste do you have ?

here are some pictures with different types of combined materials, including different watches with bracelets. they look perfect and with a lot of style. and it doesn't look exaggerated at all, on the contrary, it looks quite reserved and not flamboyant at all.
or do you want to say that these don't look good?

if so, then you have an issue related to taste, sorry…
the idea is to be able to "tastefully" combine the whole look, not just the accessories. with an outfit of one neutral color that does not stand out, you can combine the accessories as you like. and it will look great anyway

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 15.15.02-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 15.15.02-min.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 15.14.42-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 15.14.42-min.png
    254.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 15.14.21-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 15.14.21-min.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 15.14.12-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 15.14.12-min.png
    327.3 KB · Views: 0

Sunnybunny

actually, @MirrorHope is right 😁😁
sorry if I don't seem to be keeping up with the male part here 😁😁

you can deviate from classic rules and standards if you do it with taste... I've seen wonderful combinations of G-shocks with material and leather bracelets, as well as wristbands πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

. I have also seen combinations of watches all in gold, in which only the bezel was made of silver or platinum, I don't know for sure. well, this watch was very nicely combined with the platinum earrings and the platinum bracelet on the other wrist. they all looked very harmonious, even if they were made of different materials.

it is not necessary to limit yourself only to the classical standards. look on Tik Tok how stylists combine accessories. you will see how interesting they can look in combinations you never thought could be combined

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 15.57.45.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 15.57.45.png
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 0

PpiroJookK88735

I actually like unusual combinations. when it comes to formality, then everything has to be according to etiquette. but if talking about the casual style, I don't see why not to experiment. and without that, everything is too monotonous. and when you see someone who combines what is difficult to combine, that just admirable

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 16.39.36.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 16.39.36.png
    572.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 16.39.47.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 16.39.47.png
    638.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 16.40.07.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 16.40.07.png
    828.7 KB · Views: 0

CasPer$$hunteR

hello, fellows,
your style IS YOUR STYLE it defines your personality!!! and you feel like matching watches and accesories the way u like, just go ahead!!!!!

JL$4k029

you didn't get out of date...
you just have a personal style that has been formed over the years and you are faithful to it.
everyone forms their own style. there is absolutely no need to change it just because the world around is changing it. Especially if I don't resonate with a style different from yours.

I tend to experiment with my watches. I can add some bracelets to it to dilute its monotony. but when it comes to office watches, and in general official environments, I always follow the traditional path. you never experiment with the classic, unless you are a high-quality designer😁😁😁😁

Murge

i dont like to go on with accessories. i am the type of man that is actually clear. i dont go with other matches. im clear and i dont have any other accessories, i simply don't like them. they can look good on women but also it depends on the brand of watches, of the colors, the details on the dial, the material and the combination of accessories. if the watch has a mate or glossy materials and the shade of it.

as far as i know it is really simple to go wrong with it. it is enough to choose one tiny simple accessory that is wrongly worn with the model that u chose to change the final result.

Eddie

the standard style with only one watch on the wrist seems to me backward and old-fashioned, and SOOOOOOOOO boring :cautious::cautious::cautious:, to be honest.
I love unusual combinations and they look fabulous not only in sports or casual style, but also in formal style, with suit and tie and tuxedo. everything revolves around TASTE for the accessories. the more accessories there are, the more attractive it looks. I simply ADOOOOOOORE them🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🫠🫠🫠
LOOK AT THESE PRECIOUS PICTURES. AND DARE TO SAY THESE ARE STYLE-LESS (is there such a word???!!!!)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 14.44.49.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 14.44.49.png
    282.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 14.44.57.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 14.44.57.png
    348 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 14.45.06.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 14.45.06.png
    337 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 14.45.30.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 14.45.30.png
    428.7 KB · Views: 1

Murge

the standard style with only one watch on the wrist seems to me backward and old-fashioned, and SOOOOOOOOO boring :cautious::cautious::cautious:, to be honest.
I love unusual combinations and they look fabulous not only in sports or casual style, but also in formal style, with suit and tie and tuxedo. everything revolves around TASTE for the accessories. the more accessories there are, the more attractive it looks. I simply ADOOOOOOORE them🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🫠🫠🫠
LOOK AT THESE PRECIOUS PICTURES. AND DARE TO SAY THESE ARE STYLE-LESS (is there such a word???!!!!)
it seems to me like it is too much. Some of them look like they don't belong with the watches in the photo.
the third one with the Rolex, is too much. that one is about classy and rich appearance. The last one is Piguet, it looks cool, and the combination of the accessories with the watch is amazing.
there is always that import. the thing to combine with simple. i think the most appropriate is to go with rings. it is important to choose the right ring, but the best option here.
for me is better to go without any other additional accessories. but this is just for me. i can't say that some of the accessories don't look good on other people. in fact i can love accessories on someone else but me:ROFLMAO:, im a weird person i know
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Racrought

This is all about the style that you have. At least this is what i have seen over years.
There is a tiny line here, that you need to remember, too many or the wrong accessories can only make the final results worse.
You have to analyze other examples. I have seen some good ideas, especially for women, and have seen really bad ones.

Personally, the best version that I have seen for women was connected with combining brands of watches with high fashion brands accessories, like Cartirer of Bvlgari. This automatically makes you look fresh, in style, and know your worth.

JareD

I love accessories but i don't like how other people actually combine them.
Usually, it is totally chaos.
The watch that you wear should be the one that guides you to the accessories that you need to combine with it.
I always use the same example for it. When you choose a color for your tuxedo, or for a costume, you always choose what you like to wear first, the color, how it looks on your body, and after this, you go for accessories. In your search for shoes, you search for a matching belt.
I have never heard someone to match the tuxedo to a belt. You choose the biggest part of your outfit and other minimal, little details that will match your outfit.

The same thing happens with the watch. You choose the watch and other minimal accessories that you can combine with your watch. Remember the watch is proprietary. If you play the game this way, you are always going to look good.
Women know better how to combine, if you have a woman near you, you can also ask for help.
Don't go with accessory combinations in case you are not sure about it. Better with nothing.

Racrought

I love accessories but i don't like how other people actually combine them.
Usually, it is totally chaos.
The watch that you wear should be the one that guides you to the accessories that you need to combine with it.
I always use the same example for it. When you choose a color for your tuxedo, or for a costume, you always choose what you like to wear first, the color, how it looks on your body, and after this, you go for accessories. In your search for shoes, you search for a matching belt.
I have never heard someone to match the tuxedo to a belt. You choose the biggest part of your outfit and other minimal, little details that will match your outfit.

The same thing happens with the watch. You choose the watch and other minimal accessories that you can combine with your watch. Remember the watch is proprietary. If you play the game this way, you are always going to look good.
Women know better how to combine, if you have a woman near you, you can also ask for help.
Don't go with accessory combinations in case you are not sure about it. Better with nothing.
totally agree about the example.
prioritize what goes first.

Preal8

true here. when you combine the watch's dominant color with accessories that have the same dominant color, it looks special and you can just make everyone understand that you know how to do it. if you are able to match the forms of the watch with the form of the accessories, and the materials 2, you are the God.;)

MinervuS

I'm more for something more balanced. I find it boring to wear only the watch, but it also looks too exaggerated when it is combined with too many accessories.
when there are too many accessories, the watch loses its charm, which should not happen. and when there is an abundance of accessories, the sense of taste is lost.
so I love combinations, but only if they are calibrated with a sense of "that's pretty enough"