What about the TAG Heuer and Porsche fusion?

EmPoWeReD

Both spectacular, both super-powerful, and both make their own CARRERAs. These fused together long ago and recently, on October 5, celebrated sumptuously their 50 years of collaboration. The event couldn’t be possible without a couple of special edition watches. So, 500 examples of 42mm Carrera Chronos with “Grand Prix White” dial and blue detailing and 250 pieces of rose gold case watches with white dials and red detailing along with applied indexes and gold hands.

What are your thoughts on the matter?! Colors, details, dials...commenting all:D

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-12 at 15.48.58-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-12 at 15.48.58-min.png
    867.4 KB · Views: 0

nemailin

The TAG HEUER CARRERA X PORSCHE RS 2.7 comes with an additional bracelet with a second strap, which is great. The model’s design is very versatile with fabric and bracelet strap. The dial is emblematic, and I like that its robustness is reminiscent of the Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 from ’72. That year this car was released and Heuer preserved the spirit pretty well

I’ve expected at least a 44mm case with this model. It is 42mm but doesn’t seem to impair the clarity and readability of the dial. Also, I like the accuracy of the dial and the whole case in general. And the date window looks smooth. The bezel is not rotating btw; the watch is 100 meters WR and houses an in-house caliber Heuer 02 Automatic.

The red version has almost the same parameters, only that the case is gold 5N fine-brushed/polished. Looks appealing.

Didn’t quite understand the price difference, though. The first is $7,750 and the red version is $23,550. Is it related only to the leather strap vs bracelet, and steel vs gold? Or maybe there are other particularities reflecting on such a huge price difference? 🧐

hATeAndLovewaTCheS

Can’t say to be enchanted by the red version. The white-blue looks far more distinguished, sporty, and with a more powerful vibe…don’t see the sense in adopting the same design for the red version. Would be better to create instead of the red version something similar to the TAG Heuer Carrera x Porsche CBN2A1H.FC6512. This one has only the hours, minutes, and second chronograph functions. The red, in contrast, has the 1/4 second, 30-minute counter, and the date window. Of the rest, the same power reserve of 80 hours, the same 02 Heuer automatic movement, and the same balance frequency. But the design is far more attractive and expressive than the red version. In such a way, Heuer would have had 2 phenomenal and different models for this limited edition. Too sad it opted for 2 watches with identical design, except for material and color...

the CBN2A1H.FC6512 model...
Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 13.18.54-min.png

vingNEgy

I think a great watch house fused with a great car maker. The partnership couldn’t be more successful. I believe TAG Heuer knows perfectly that there are fewer admirers of the red watches than the white/blue versions.
This is why the limited edition limits to only 250 pieces of the red version, in contrast. With the 500 pieces of white/blue…as for the technical profile, it’s just superb. Couldn’t expect less form Heuer

vingNEgy

The TAG HEUER CARRERA X PORSCHE RS 2.7 comes with an additional bracelet with a second strap, which is great. The model’s design is very versatile with fabric and bracelet strap. The dial is emblematic, and I like that its robustness is reminiscent of the Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 from ’72. That year this car was released and Heuer preserved the spirit pretty well

I’ve expected at least a 44mm case with this model. It is 42mm but doesn’t seem to impair the clarity and readability of the dial. Also, I like the accuracy of the dial and the whole case in general. And the date window looks smooth. The bezel is not rotating btw; the watch is 100 meters WR and houses an in-house caliber Heuer 02 Automatic.

The red version has almost the same parameters, only that the case is gold 5N fine-brushed/polished. Looks appealing.

Didn’t quite understand the price difference, though. The first is $7,750 and the red version is $23,550. Is it related only to the leather strap vs bracelet, and steel vs gold? Or maybe there are other particularities reflecting on such a huge price difference? 🧐
what did u expect for a gold case?)

CasPer$$hunteR

yeah... agree about the too obvious price difference... even though it comes in a gold case and luxurious stuff, I think the demand for the white/blue version will be higher... can see the red version on a driver's wrist.. it seems to be more for the feminine public. idk, can't say im enchanted with the red version, especially considering the price

sEVENDEM

uuuh the red is spicy and pricey :D the color is too expressive for daily use, can hardly believe that owners wear it on a daily basis. so, most probably they keep the watch for some special occasions. but what's the point of spending a huge amount of $ for a watch that is only worn on special occasions? The blue-white/steel version is more attractive and much more affordable. Even if both were at the same price, still would have opted for the steel version

NETEriuM

my ex gf was crazy about the TAG HEUER CARRERA X PORSCHE RS 2.7 red edition ))) happy to have broken up with her, otherwise she would've asked me to buy it some day for her 😂

BLburNett

couldn't expect less from Heuer and Porsche. nice watches, incredible movements and precision. would like to see two different watches for this limited edition. however, both are great, even if are identical, except color approach and strap

DanielDJZI

just curious.... what do they do with these watches, those who buy them, when the next limited edition appears? re-selling or collecting?! 👀

CoVriGoooU

not enchanted by the release, honestly... previous models were more appealing. cant say much of the technical aspect, since these snd those from the previous limited collections run on the same movement to my recall. but, aesthetically, expected more from the 50 yrs of collaboration

peGASus4338#!

like them both... true that the red one is designed for a particular segment of audience. This is why the company releases it in reduced quantity. But, I bet both will be selling like hotcakes