what catches u the most in the Audemars Piguet brand?

PpiroJookK88735

tbh, I found out about Audemars Piguet namely due to the Royal Oak line, that's the most crucial achievement of the brand. And, honestly, I like the Royal Oak much more than the Offshore. the offshore is too bold for me.
all that I know about AP as a brand is that it is a member of the horological holy trinity 🫣🫣 that would be all, to my shame... 🫣🫣🫣

diaboliquerye

Most of watch lovers know only about the Royal Oak))) and nothing more)))))😂

Personally, the rand amazes me with its history for centuries. I adore watchmaking houses with centuries behind. They are like pillars for modern horology, like Socrate for modern philosophy.

It’s also curious for me that the Royal Oak actually should have been named Safari, and it’s great that it didn’t happen. `such a pathetic name for such a masterful collection…

Also, I know that AP sold barely about 1,000 Royal Oak pieces during the first year. The collection wasn’t always as successful as it is today. People just didn’t have money to buy a RO because it’s cost was like 10 submariners in this times 😂😂😂

carRacer638854

the history behind the brand. I love brands with traditions and those that resisted the big historical shocks like the World War II for example. it's enough for me to hear that a watchmaking brand has an over 100 years history. just can't imagine the number of watches it created, the number of historic personalities they built watches of, and the number of watch-related inventions they created. in such a brand, one can trust 1200%, without even questioning about quality

DoctorWHO

Independent watchmaking is perhaps the most important value. At least, for me. It’s something rare nowadays, and extremely valuable, especially considering that the house still exists after 145 YEARS.

Also, appreciate so much the brand’s foundation to protecting forests. What other brand makes smth like that? Tipping my hat to the company awareness about this impotent purpose

The brand also sustains international culture. What about that? No other swiss brand does that. AP invested oil the reconstruction of the Bolshoi theatre in Russia more than a decade ago, and recently in 2019, if im not wrong, made a special watch series in honor of the theatre. Not to say its involvement in the sports world. Tennis and Golf are among the most sustained sports of AP. Music also is a branch sustained by the brand. It’s a partner of the Montreal Jazz festival since 2010. Don’t ask where I know that from 😂😂😂 I’ve been assigned to write a thesis at my University related to the impact of big brands in culture…
either way, the reasons to adore this house are enough and more than that... it deserves all my respect!!

CuriousGeorge

Independent watchmaking is perhaps the most important value. At least, for me. It’s something rare nowadays, and extremely valuable, especially considering that the house still exists after 145 YEARS.

Also, appreciate so much the brand’s foundation to protecting forests. What other brand makes smth like that? Tipping my hat to the company awareness about this impotent purpose

The brand also sustains international culture. What about that? No other swiss brand does that. AP invested oil the reconstruction of the Bolshoi theatre in Russia more than a decade ago, and recently in 2019, if im not wrong, made a special watch series in honor of the theatre. Not to say its involvement in the sports world. Tennis and Golf are among the most sustained sports of AP. Music also is a branch sustained by the brand. It’s a partner of the Montreal Jazz festival since 2010. Don’t ask where I know that from 😂😂😂 I’ve been assigned to write a thesis at my University related to the impact of big brands in culture…
either way, the reasons to adore this house are enough and more than that... it deserves all my respect!!
turns out you-re a master in culture 😁😁😁😁😁😁

but it seriously talking, very good information you shared here.👍👍 I like this company a lot and I knew something about its history. actually I knew more about the Royal Oak collection than about the brand itself) but your information confirmed to me that it really is a valuable brand... thanks for that 😉😉😉😉😉😉🤩🤩🤩

Eddie

niiiiiice))))) didn't know that indeed)))) int's not that like it's unexpected from AP, but indeed, just confirmed that this brand is truly dedicated to culture. Am I the only one here noticing that AP si a bit different from others? While mustards are majorly focused on sportive competitions, this ine stays calm and just focuses on smth beyond the traditional.... culture!!!!! that's so nice, really!!!!🤩🤩🤩🤩

MCGregor

AP is one of the few brands that I have nothing negative to comment on. Only positive impressions in all aspects. Technical? Perfect. Aesthetic? Perfect. Historic? Perfect. Cultural? Perfect. everything is perfect in this brand. I'm only sorry that not everyone knows him well enough. I have been to countries where people know about the existence of Rolex, but they have no idea about the existence of AP. And this is very sad, for AP, for me personally, it gets a lot, compared to Rolex. I understand that this is more about marketing. Rolex did its job very well, as the name rolex sounds familiar to even the least connoisseur of watches. However, I am sure that AP has a loyal clientele and does not lack attention from the audience. Those who need to know about him, already do. AP is one of the most iconic brands for me. Absolutely flawless.

As AP manufactures its dials, no one manufactures them anymore. Patek Philippe is about the same level. but still, AP has a unique charm

$BarHat$

oh i do love it!!! and I think you have to be a big fool not to love this brand. a royal oak jumbo is my guilty pleasure. I like the history of Royal Oak. I find it impressive how a stainless steel watch, the FIRST stainless steel sports luxury WATCH, could cost more than a gold or platinum watch.
I like the positioning of the brand on the market and its marketing messages. What else to be said? Holy Trinity member! and rightfully so!!

Myryopod

the philosophy of each collection.,.. for example, the last one released, the code 11.59... Code, in fact, is deciphered as challenge, dare, evolve, or something similar. 11.59 is the time before a big change... that is, it's a whole philosophy that establishes the vector of a certain collection... it's a pity that the new collection hasn't justified its value yet, but I hope it will...

HorsePower

strong charisma that the brand exudes throughout its watches. every watch in the portfolio has a little dose of elegance no matter how sporty it is, and every elegant watch also has a dose of masculinity, power, and sporty vibe, no matter how elegant it is... that's true talent

Simposium5338

I am impressed by the fact that AP created the first skeletonized pocket watch... 🙄🙄🙄I keep asking myself how he got the idea to create something so complicated and twisted?! 👀in general, AP enjoys a portfolio rich in horological inventions 💪

dancerINTHEdark

I embrace the dedication with which AP creates its internal mechanisms. from what I've heard, it can take decades and hundreds of thousands of dollars to design and produce a movement... and when I look at the movement of any watch, I'm impressed to think that such a small detail can take so long and it can take so much effort to be created... how much patience you must have to create perfection?!....

BusyAsHell

delighed by the brand, really. it has everything: history, greatness, reputation, indisputable power on the market. the last Code collection seems to stagnate a bit in the reaction of the public, but I think time will solve everything and the brand will know how to bring the Code to a high standard like Royql oak. otherwise, I love the brand and follow its evolution with my soul in my mouth 🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠

Rochdale

just like Patek and Vacheron, `audemars is just history!!!!! great team, exquisite designs and revolutionary tech features!

BenStone

culture, history, brand awareness. I love the manufacturer's position on the market. elegant, prestigious, outstanding in every way

Eugene

I found so much information that I had no idea about AP in this thread. nice to know that the brand you love is so valued and multi-developed in so many aspects

I personally don't know much about AP as a brand and its value, but I know that it has drawn a unique, unrepeatable and timeless line: the Royal Oak. thanks to this collection, I love by default everything he creates post RO, even if the new collections are not as amazing

StevenOhio

I fell in love with Audears Piguet through the prism of Royal Oak, I must admit. Then, I did research and fell in love with brand's culture, its evolution, and its history of more than a century. It's a strong brand. Even if his last collection was received very reluctantly, I still believe in it and in its huge horological value