What feature would make u NOT buy a watch?

CasPer$$hunteR

No specific feature, just hate watches that are simply UGLY. Even great brands make ugly watches and sell them only because they are great brands. But if u make an abstraction from the brand, the watches are awful. In this case, less is always more, and there is no need to create stupid watches to catch attention… 🧐🫣
here u have a couple of "cute" examples...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-17 at 13.00.47-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-17 at 13.00.47-min.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-10-17 at 13.01.56-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-17 at 13.01.56-min.png
    390.9 KB · Views: 0

Nobbing

That was tough)) like any watch brand, Rolex has its pros and cons. but don’t really agree that the entire portfolio has no value at all) after all the brand gained its reputation based on decades of experience. I see your position more like a defensive one, and not an objective one)
name one feature that only Rolex has and no other brand does ))

fishwoddy12

Can’t stand wide lugs around 24mm. Neither like tall sapphire crystals. These remind me of my grandpa’s huge lenses. Also, don’t quite like when the watch crown is integrated into the lugs like some models of the seamster.

My deal breaker would be the too complicated dial impairing the legibility of the watch. Also, some watches simply have an awful design. I assume that designers want to impress the audience but sometimes the watches turn out to be over-designed. Millions of colors, patterns, complications, all in one

igivente

I would never buy a watch with an open-heart and skeleton dial.

I would never buy a watch that has the crown integrated into the lugs

I would never buy a watch with extremely large lugs

I would never buy a watch with a flamboyant and vulgar design

With the rest, I can handle it :D

Last edited:

TropiKanCHO

super-complicated dials. some watches have so many functions and indicators, that it’s impossible to read the time. these look ridiculous, no matter how elevated is the craftsmanship in them. imagine smb asking me "what time is it?" it would take half an hour until I manage to read the time :D
Screenshot 2022-10-19 at 10.55.44-min.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-19 at 10.55.14-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-19 at 10.55.14-min.png
    922.5 KB · Views: 1

randomWATCHlover

There are also people that I dislike when seeing how tragically they combine their watches with their looks or styles. For example, I’ve seen a couple of bold men with big wrists in Lisbon wearing tiny watches that looked awful on them. So people need to know how to correlate their looks with their watches. Otherwise, they just simply cut off the value of their watch and their taste

Almagest

too much color and too many diamonds 😁 these are too flamboyant)) Rolex rainbow... dont quite understand the hype around it) I mean I do recognise the value of those millions diamonds but dont embrace the design its exaggeratedly colourful and loud

peGASus4338#!

Useless complications. Subdials, moon phases, chronometers. I like clean watches with clear readability. Complications impair watches design

BusyAsHell

those with absolutely useless functions like heart rate monitor. never use this feature, not even in my digital watch... though, this function might be useful for some

StevenOhio

golden bracelets!!!!!!! 😾😾😾

i like gold watches whenever the gold is authentic. but i don't like the "gold" in fake watches or cheap watches. it looks so artificial, epatage, and flamboyant. immediately I create a bad impression about the one who WEARS SUCH A WATCH, even IF I COULD BE WRONG IN MY IMPRESSION. In this case, stainless steel or "white gold" reps or cheap watches would make more sense.

FOR THOSE WHO LOVE GOLDEN WATCHES!! PLEASE, GET TO UNDERSTAND THAT THAT GOLD LOOKS CHEAP and FAKE!!! you will NOT SUCCEED IN CONVINCING THE WORLD AROUND THAT IT IS AUTHENTIC GOLD!! 🤢

MiracuLuis

I can't say much about the features, but more about the design. I would never buy a watch with many pushers and buttons. i find them absolutely uncomfortable, digging the wrist, useless, and ugly, by the way... the plenty of pushers looks like disproportionate years to the watch and distorts the whole design... secondly, id never get a watch with hube bezel . against, it goes against my aesthetic preferences. for the rest, it's just a matter of comfort