What makes you love Omega watches brand?

ArnoldTHEgreat

What about sharing the reasons making you love the big brand? Maybe there are some facts that impress you about the brand, despite the great watches it releases... To be honest, I'm the guy who loves watches because of the history and achievements behind the brand and not because of the watches in particular. All that most people around me tell me about Omega is that "oh it's the moon watch, it's the moon watch". Is that all people love about this brand?

I suppose many of you don't really get familiar with the big moments in a watch brand's history. And I'm ok with that; after all, you get a watch just because you like it. BUT, believe me, when you discover some curious facts about a certain brand, it's like you start looking at the brand from another perspective. that's what happened to me with the Jaeger LeCoultre. I was somewhat indifferent to it, tbh, until I read a blog post in which the author was describing his visit to the JLC Swiss headquarters. I really rediscovered the brand and now I'm a fan of it, and even got myself a couple of JLC reps...🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠

Sorry, I got carried away...
So, Omega!!! what part of this brand drives you crazy?!
P.S: please avoid mentioning here the "it's the moon watch, it's the moon watch"; I got it, I got it!🀌
Thanks πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

dailydose

curious your thread formulation :)))))))))))))
and curious the fact that my people also know only that it has something deal with some moon watch 😁😁
but I dont blame them; they're not watch fans and aren't in the hobby, so knowing at least the "moon watch " as a term, is already an achievement πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
tbh, I'm not the number one fn of omega. I might like a couple of models but not to an insane level... but what makes me appreciate and respect it is that it once won the GENEVA observatory test trials. ave no idea when it exactly happened but the point is test the observatory performed plenty of tests of different watches and brands to check resistance, accuracy, precision etc..
omega was the only one to pass trough positively all of them. this kinda makes me feel confident in the brand from the technical point of view. Not a fan of it, as the design doesn't match my tastes. but, technically, its arguably among the most reliable

###IcySpicY###

that's tough to think of other than the "moonwatch"reallyπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
it Took me 15 minutes to think about the answer, even if I do love Omega and consider myself a fan of itπŸ˜‚ curious how we just get used to the idea that a brand is great, but dont know why exactlyπŸ˜‚
but here is one thing that came to my mind though) there are many of them, but the first to remember is that omega found solutions to remove forever magnetisation in its watches, and perhaps in others, as well.
watchmakers usually works with soft iron inner cases to neutralise magnetisation. but omega completely removed those and invented a specific mechanism in which all parts were non-ferrous. such movements are used in all omega watches currently, and am not sure, but I supposed that over brands might have "borrowed" the idea

why I remember this is because I had big problems with magnetisation as I was always leaving my mechanical piece next to my iPad overnight I never could understand where the fuck the magnetisation effect comes from. so, I googled it and somehow got to read about omega achievement in this regard. so, very creative watchmaker 😁

CapOOchino

it made plenty of inventions in the industry, I won't even mention them here because I dont know them by heartπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
but what actually matters for me is the implication of the big brands in big causes. if big brands dont do that, I avoid them. for me, it's a mystery how a brand with millions $ in circulation avoids making charity and support for big causes....🧐🧐🧐
either way, regarding Omega I know got deeply involved in ocean cleaning massive projects, and still does it currently. Some nongovernmental organizations set the challenge and Omega aligned with full potential. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ appreciate that!!
also, heard it supports a lot the OLYMPICS. it's the official timekeeper and one of the main sponsors also. so, it's a constant implication, not only once in the life just to show off how great it is... it's embraceable the responsibility it carries for environment and sports. A healthy organization!!!

WatchOveR

The world’s first METAS-certified Master Chronometer Rating;
The world's first-minute repeating wristwatch made with the Audemars Piguet founder;
And the inversion of a couple of fabulous movements, to name a few.
There is a lot to love this company for!!!! and the moo watch is just a part of the whole story. plenty of Omegas compete with Rolex. there must be reasons for thatπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

How about the fact that Nixon refused an OMEGA?:D:D
I never could understand thato_O. The press says that the watch was too valuable for the president, and that’s why he refused it:poop:
I can’t imagine a single reason to make me refuse a valuable watch :unsure::unsure:

Also, what amazes me about omega is that Bradt actually started the watch thing being pretty young, at his 23s if I’m not wrongπŸ€“πŸ€“β€¦ My gosh… at the 23 years to set such a huge companyπŸ₯³πŸ₯³
Am I the only one here knowing a lot about beer, and knowing a shit about business?!!!🀭🀭🍻

PpiroJookK88735

can I say what I hate in them? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

actually, most people knit went to the moon, but it actually was also there when the first man achieved the NORTH POLE. so the moon by far the only achievement of that degree.. and also, when two explorers crossed Atartcica BY FOOT, Omega was also there on the wrist of one of them.., now imagine the huge temperature exposure these watches endured πŸ€ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘how to not love this watchmaker?!

vAshayaStar

can I say what I hate in them? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

actually, most people knit went to the moon, but it actually was also there when the first man achieved the NORTH POLE. so the moon by far the only achievement of that degree.. and also, when two explorers crossed Atartcica BY FOOT, Omega was also there on the wrist of one of them.., now imagine the huge temperature exposure these watches endured πŸ€ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘how to not love this watchmaker?!
and what's what u hate in them, actually?!!!!🧐🧐

peGASus4338#!

I also know that magnetism has bee removed in al watches doe to the invention Omega made for this purpose. well, Omega has a lot to boast of ad it's the brand that manages it all: couples with celebrities, builds its own movements, supports sports, Olympics, and environmental projects, and competes with Rolex. What else could a brand make to increase brand awareness?! I think it does it all greatly

igivente

all things making me love this brand have already mentioned up here, so nothing to add except for that it's the most dynamic watch brand ever. it does everything so right from. all the angles: technical ical, design, marketing, brand awareness, innovation. bravo!πŸ€ŒπŸ‘

PpiroJookK88735

I'll be honest here ad write all I know about Omega and what makes it famous, without googling it and without reading the comments from other users!!!
-so, the Moon reaching, sorry for mentioning here, but it is what it is;
-associating and partnering with projects meant to clean the oceans and seas. Omega gets involved regularly in such projects;
-the brand has a pretty powerful technical team; it invented some mind-blowing features and movements that changed the watch industry; also, it has a very strong ambition in evolving g constantly and improving the technical profiles, just like Rolex. great Water RESISTANCE progress in latest watches;
-the creative department is phenomenal. that's why people love Omega watches.
did I repeat other's users comments?!🫣🫣😁

ObeisDexter

honestly, I like the organisational culture of this big brand. I had the chance to talk to a former employee of Omega and the company really cares about its employees. won't get much into details, but the point is that a healthy brands is healthy from the interior. only the wages are a bit low πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but for the rest, it's a "correct" company toward its employees.

but, on the whole, you are right. the brand awareness has a lot to deal with the way ow people buy from it. I remember myself some decades ago knowing nothing about Hublot watches. To be honest, I started to love Hublot watches primarily because of the brand history and values, ad only after, because of the watches themselves

bagaBOO57335

tbh, the fact about the "moonwatch" is the first thing I ever heard about omega. I had o mea about the brad until I heard the "moonwatch" context. so, it's a part of the brand that pushed it forward substantially as a brad, like it or not))
also, I admire the implication in the ocean cleaning challenges and I like that it is receptive to make "eco" watches to save the planet. in a word, it's a heealth-oriented brandπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

diaboliquerye

loving all that refers to Omega: the design team, the marketing team, the communication with the public, etc...
what I don't like in it is its belong to the swatch group. I think it could exist greatly without being down back by the corporative and business influence of the watch group. being independent would assure the Omega place right next to Rolex in the watch industry

ArnoldTHEgreat

that's tough to think of other than the "moonwatch"reallyπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
it Took me 15 minutes to think about the answer, even if I do love Omega and consider myself a fan of itπŸ˜‚ curious how we just get used to the idea that a brand is great, but dont know why exactlyπŸ˜‚
but here is one thing that came to my mind though) there are many of them, but the first to remember is that omega found solutions to remove forever magnetisation in its watches, and perhaps in others, as well.
watchmakers usually works with soft iron inner cases to neutralise magnetisation. but omega completely removed those and invented a specific mechanism in which all parts were non-ferrous. such movements are used in all omega watches currently, and am not sure, but I supposed that over brands might have "borrowed" the idea

why I remember this is because I had big problems with magnetisation as I was always leaving my mechanical piece next to my iPad overnight I never could understand where the fuck the magnetisation effect comes from. so, I googled it and somehow got to read about omega achievement in this regard. so, very creative watchmaker 😁
I can feel u πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ most of my aquainteces think of omega as a synonym to the Moonwatch πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ it takes time to explain that actually one is the brand, the other is the watch of the brand😁