Why do u, people, buy rep watches?

Mathew

hello fellows,
Wondering why people buy replica watches. I mean, there are so many brands available out there. They produce good quality watches, with a guarantee, and without much hastle regarding the function and design flaws. These might not be Swiss or luxury brands. Still, they have so many advantages compared to reps, which always have some risks.

Why would u be ready to spend money on smth you never know if it is a high-quality watch like the dealer promises u? There is always the risk of receiving, in the end, a replica watch that you are not satisfied with. in addition, the risks of paying and never getting a replica watch are very high. What motivates you?

Just curious, not blaming anyone. I am very very curious to find out reasons that I do not know. Maybe my fear of buying a rep is distrust in this industry. How do you know that you won't throw money away with every purchase?

RoyaInk

my reason lies in the design of luxury watches that no other microbrand can repeat. I mean, you can find something similar, but anyway, it's not what you find in a luxury watch. Obviously, that logo of a reputable brand attracts me a lot. It makes me feel good and confident somehow. At least, it motivates me not to settle for less and to strive towards my dream of having an authentic luxury watch one day.

Fake watches, after all, are not as low quality as you imagine. If you find a reputable dealer, the fake watch can look just as good as the real one

Steve

hello fellows,
Wondering why people buy replica watches. I mean, there are so many brands available out there. They produce good quality watches, with a guarantee, and without much hastle regarding the function and design flaws. These might not be Swiss or luxury brands. Still, they have so many advantages compared to reps, which always have some risks.

Why would u be ready to spend money on smth you never know if it is a high-quality watch like the dealer promises u? There is always the risk of receiving, in the end, a replica watch that you are not satisfied with. in addition, the risks of paying and never getting a replica watch are very high. What motivates you?

Just curious, not blaming anyone. I am very very curious to find out reasons that I do not know. Maybe my fear of buying a rep is distrust in this industry. How do you know that you won't throw money away with every purchase?
for the same reason why millions of users buy any products on Aliexpress or Alibababa πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ hoping that the quality of the product will be goodπŸ˜‚
what answer do you want to hear?))))) most of them buy fake watches because they like to feel status)) no microbrand can do that))) why do people buy fake brand clothes or shoes?)) ) because they want social validation and they don't want to be at the same level as those who buy a coat or shoes from mass-market brands)

UdlinINTEL

the fake industry for me is a hobby, no matter how strange it sounds)))) it's fun for me to get different reps and compare them)) as long as I can't afford a real watch, I'm happy with fakes )) by the way , I have become a better connoisseur of watches since I got into this hobby😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

without wanting to, I started to distinguish between various mechanisms, finishes, dials, patterns, etc. 😁 so, the rep industry is also a good school, besides everything 😁😁😁😁😁😁 this also teaches me how to the difference between a trusted TD and a dubious one πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ this is a valuable lesson for life πŸ˜‚

CityBreak

c'mooon))) luxury goods have always been guilty pleasures for those who cannot afford them) through the fake industry, we also have a bit of luxury, given the fact that we cannot afford a genuine watch)
either way, behind any fake watch there is always the thirst for social status and taste.

THERE IS ALSO THE reason OF FASHION AND STYLE. IMAGINE SOMEONE WEARING A HIGH-QUALITY FAKE WATCH, BAG, SHOES, ETC)))) YOU WILL SURELY MAKE AN IMPRESSION OF STYLE AND ARISTOCRACY ABOUT THAT PERSON, RIGHT? Whether we like it or not, the rush for status is always valid, which is why people buy fake watches assuming all the risks

GeorgeClintonBiden

c'mooon))) luxury goods have always been guilty pleasures for those who cannot afford them) through the fake industry, we also have a bit of luxury, given the fact that we cannot afford a genuine watch)
either way, behind any fake watch there is always the thirst for social status and taste.

THERE IS ALSO THE reason OF FASHION AND STYLE. IMAGINE SOMEONE WEARING A HIGH-QUALITY FAKE WATCH, BAG, SHOES, ETC)))) YOU WILL SURELY MAKE AN IMPRESSION OF STYLE AND ARISTOCRACY ABOUT THAT PERSON, RIGHT? Whether we like it or not, the rush for status is always valid, which is why people buy fake watches assuming all the risks
don't you find such a person too fake and too artificial???? I believe that status and aristocracy must come from within, and not from the fake accessories you wear. I WOULD NOT BE IMPRESSED BY SUCH A PERSON. ON THE CONTRARY, I WOULD CONSIDER IT ARTIFICIAL WHICH ONLY WANTS TO SEEM WHAT IS NOT πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

CityBreak

don't you find such a person too fake and too artificial???? I believe that status and aristocracy must come from within, and not from the fake accessories you wear. I WOULD NOT BE IMPRESSED BY SUCH A PERSON. ON THE CONTRARY, I WOULD CONSIDER IT ARTIFICIAL WHICH ONLY WANTS TO SEEM WHAT IS NOT πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–
it surely is :DDDD but who cares whenever the person feels confident? :DDDD

Perpetual

because anyone would buy an authentic luxury watch if he could, but many of US cannot afford it) the low prices are very attractive and people are ready to accept small flaws just to have an imitation of a reputable brand. After all, if I buy a Rolex watch with some flaws, those around me don't know about them, because they don't know how a genuine watch should look. So, either way, I create a good impression with such a watch)))))

The bad part is that if I come across a connoisseur of luxury watches, I'll probably feel lame because I won't be able to prove that it's a real thing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Michelangelo

first of all, I never buy fake watches with the last money. I buy them when I don't feel sorry for those $200. So, even if I come across a scammy dealer, I'm always aware that I can lose them

Secondly, I have always been fascinated by Haute Horlogerie watches. Those of microbrands are somehow mediocre, ordinary. And the luxury ones - even if unattainable for me, have always had a special value in history and evolution. So, I buy fake watches because I like the history of each of them. The usual ones don't impress me much. Watches like any other, which quickly go out of use and trends. A swiss luxury fake is always trendy, classic, and impressive in its history behind the genuine model

BenStone

do you even realize that those around you can easily figure out that it is a fake, in most cases?! I mean, maybe the Average JOEs might think it's a genuine watch....but the rest surely realize that you can't afford a genuine watch....so, don't think that on the contrary, you look lame instead of you guys looking with status?!

just asking...

GeorgeClintonBiden

do you even realize that those around you can easily figure out that it is a fake, in most cases?! I mean, maybe the Average JOEs might think it's a genuine watch....but the rest surely realize that you can't afford a genuine watch....so, don't think that on the contrary, you look lame instead of you guys looking with status?!

just asking...
not at all, because I always admit that I wear a fake watch... I never claim that it is a gen one 😎. Moreover, 80% around me also wear fake watches so we're cool πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

we have fun comparing them and detecting which one is better and stuff like that 😎

BLburNett

honestly speaking, I find more aesthetics and technical complexity in a fake rolex watch than in any other ordinary mass-market watch. Because people are not very good at watches, many watch manufacturers make mediocre accessories. They only have some aesthetic details, but the mechanism is mediocre. So nothing special in them, imho. A GOOD FAKE ROLEX HAS HIGH-QUALITY DETAILS AND THE MECHANISM IS A LOT LIKE THE AUTHENTIC ONE IF WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A CLONE MOVEMENT. `even IF THESE ARE FAKE, THEY ARE MORE REFINED THAN MOST ORDINARY MASS-MARKET WATCHES

so no, I'm not a follower of an ordinary watch when it comes to sophistication. if we are talking about a utilitarian watch for every day, I accept a mass market watch. but if it's about more special occasions, no other watch is as noble and status-like as a good fake rolex

DanielDJZI

the desire to have a luxury watch, even if fake, is stronger than the fear of losing money. so, I always take this risk. So far, I have only had 2 failed purchases. In the first case - the dealer did not deliver the fake watch and I lost the money. In the second case - I received a trash rep watch. Otherwise, all the fake watches I have are acceptable in terms of design and functionality. So I don't see that the risks are as big as people think....

after all, regardless of which watch you buy online, either rep or mass market, there is always the risk that the dealer will not deliver it or disappear from sight. The risks apply to all industries with online sales, not just the replica industry

SwInEIGh

it pisses me off when people try to pretend to be someone they are not

why not just accept your condition and wear accessories you can afford?! I understand when people buy a fake watch because they like the design... but when a fellow is covered in fake luxury goods from head to toe, it looks more like showing off than authenticity

RESTIONY

my gf is used to buying fake accessories. bracelets, watches, rings, earrings, etc.

I don't see her like showing off; she harmoniously matches them with a balanced style of outfits and they fit well in the context. I think it also depends on everyone's aesthetic taste. Someone without taste will seem vulgar and flamboyant. Someone else with enough aesthetic taste will fit the fake luxury accessories in a balanced and cute context without being too eye-catching

and yes, she buys them because they are from reputable brands. women love everything that means brand, but with their prices, they don't have many solutions left but to get something fake for an affordable price

BLburNett

why r u guys so dependent on social validation? is it really that important to have a watch matching your bmw? what are you looking for with this goal? let the world look at you from one side and say "WOW, WHAT A WEALTHY FELLOW!!" is this the point?

for me, a fake watch is a tribute to my love of Swiss luxury watches. I love them, but I can't afford them. That is the only reason. It's a guilty pleasure that satisfies my love for authentic luxury watches. But I never wear them with the aim of giving the airs around of a wealthy person.

DanielDJZI

the price of a high-quality fake watch is about the same as that of a less popular microbrand watch. So, it's better to spend the money on a fake watch that at least looks like an authentic luxury watch, than to spend the same money on a mediocre watch.
Yes, there are associated risks. However, any online purchase is associated with risks. In addition, no one knows much about the reputation of small watch manufacturers. How good they are, how long they last, what components they use... So, the risks are in both contexts. As such, I choose a fake watch because at least I win the branding argument

salmeari

hello fellows,

why do you choose a BMW or a Mercedes instead of a mediocre car with no reputation? after all, it's still a car, isn't it?

The same is true with watches. The essence of every person is to choose the highest standards even if he cannot afford them. and given that the replica industry offers much lower prices, it is absolutely normal that people take advantage to benefit from high standard goods. The desire is greater than the potential risks.

I think that if we return to the example of the car, it is unlikely that you will choose a mediocre car instead of a luxury one