Why do u, people, buy rep watches?

nemailin

why do you choose a BMW or a Mercedes instead of a mediocre car with no reputation? after all, it's still a car, isn't it?

The same is true with watches. The essence of every person is to choose the highest standards even if he cannot afford them. and given that the replica industry offers much lower prices, it is absolutely normal that people take advantage to benefit from high standard goods. The desire is greater than the potential risks.

I think that if we return to the example of the car, it is unlikely that you will choose a mediocre car instead of a luxury one
dude))) don't compare luxury cars with FAKE luxury cars πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Would you be ready to buy a FAKE BMW or Mercedes just because it is a reputable brand? what about safety? what about warranty? so, the same applies to rep watches. people only buy the cover, but who knows what fake watches hide inside in terms of quality...

salmeari

dude))) don't compare luxury cars with FAKE luxury cars πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Would you be ready to buy a FAKE BMW or Mercedes just because it is a reputable brand? what about safety? what about warranty? so, the same applies to rep watches. people only buy the cover, but who knows what fake watches hide inside in terms of quality...
I get your point. It was just an approximate example. Replica watches do not put people's lives and safety at risk. That's why they are sold on every corner. In the case of cars, no one will ever produce fake luxury cars)

the example had to explain why people choose reputable brands. FOR REPUTATION, TRUST, VISIBILITY, HISTORY. People do the same when they buy replica watches. They buy them based on these criteria. the fact that they are not authentic matters less ;)

Incogorologio

hello fellows,
Wondering why people buy replica watches. I mean, there are so many brands available out there. They produce good quality watches, with a guarantee, and without much hastle regarding the function and design flaws. These might not be Swiss or luxury brands. Still, they have so many advantages compared to reps, which always have some risks.

Why would u be ready to spend money on smth you never know if it is a high-quality watch like the dealer promises u? There is always the risk of receiving, in the end, a replica watch that you are not satisfied with. in addition, the risks of paying and never getting a replica watch are very high. What motivates you?

Just curious, not blaming anyone. I am very very curious to find out reasons that I do not know. Maybe my fear of buying a rep is distrust in this industry. How do you know that you won't throw money away with every purchase?
I believe your question is one of the reasons a site like this one exists. Yes this market is risky, and yes you can get taken advantage of. However, if you spend time and RESEARCH, and RESEARCH you will find reviews are so important to read. Look into the seller you are working with. Buy from sites that have good solid reviews. Its important for all buyers of rep watches to give feedback regarding the seller you are working with so we can all benefit. Thank you.

Ethan

well im my case, never bought a rep watch before, because I've always found budget watches that give me what I need... but now, I'm thinking of getting one because I've set my eye on a Frederique Constant which is too pricey for me in the authentic version.... I don't want a second-hand one because I believe in the energy of things and I prefer to get a rep that is fully mine than a second-hand one with the energy of the previous owner.... so my reason would be the high price for the authentic watch..... though I haven't decided yet because I don't know what to expect from a rep watch

Drinky

what I can't understand is why people spend 1000$ and more on a rep?

the reason why I buy reps is their affordable price. indeed, there is a possibility that I might get a fake trash, but from my own experience, I have had more good fake watches than poor quality...

as for those who spend 1-3k for a fake.... really??? I'd rather keep that money under the pillow than spend it on a watch... or, alternatively, it's more reasonable to get a good pre-owned one for a small price difference.... but 3k for a reps sounds insane , illogical, and dosnt make any sense

BusyAsHell

i buy them for my teenager son and daughter... i'm not ready to spend thousands on gens for them... i mean, i'd love to, but i still don't see them being ready to value a luxury authentic watch.. maybe when they grow a little bigger... in the meantime, they are happy that they are in trend with famous Sub watches and I am happy with their prices

TesaLLiuM8565

I like the feeling that a replica watch gives me... but I don't accept any replica watch. It is critical for me that it is identical to the genuine one... if it looks different, I don't buy it... also, it's a kind of "easter eggs hunting" for good reps πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ u never know what u get and where u find the right rep πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚... so for fun purposes too)

Eugene

if my opinion matters, I don't think you need to make major changes. everything that was said before is true and you risk triggering many malfunctions after the change... in addition, I think that even if you find a repair shop that will take on such changes, they will charge you triple for the service, for working with reps is very specific

bro, I'm afraid it's more convenient to get another watch with an open caseback than to change this one, if it's critical for you

StevenOhio

maybe cause the gens are expensive?!:DD

if they would allow me, I would take the gen watch, of course. actually, I wear all kinds of watches, mass market, microbrands, as well as reps. it depends on my mood. sometimes I want a brand watch on my wrist, even if it's a rep)

MiracuLuis

honestly, because I love the feeling of wearing a branded watch. it gives me confidence somehow. in the world we live today, U won't catch much attention with a regular watch; but when u put on a branded luxury one, even if it's a rep, the self confidence AND others' attention rises significantly

Cinar73967

for several reasons:
- confidence. even if it is an artificial watch, it gives me a pleasant feeling to wear a branded watch on the wrist.
- prices. the price of a rep is more or less the same as that of a micro brand watch that is usually not known to many people. so, choosing between a known and unknown brand, I choose the rep πŸ˜‚
-variation. I have both gens and reps. I like watches as a whole and it's pretty much fun for me to compare them, test them in different conditions and draw conclusions I can share later with my buddies

SpiceEric

because I'd like a gen luxury watch but I can't afford itπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
though, if we are to be serious, there are many superb watches from brands like Tudor or Heuer that offer very affordable prices... I found dealers who sell rep watches for about 2k, claiming that they are of superior quality. In such a case, I see no sense in paying 2k for a fake when you can get a similar watch for the same price.... I see sense in replica watches if we are talking about extremely expensive models