800$ for a Daytona rep: is it a reasonable price?

TesaLLiuM8565

Hi there,

Decided to have a Daytona 116500 BTF and was making my research. Found some options but as far as I see, those that suit me best from a quality perspective, good-looking aspect, and all additional criteria (shipping, warranty, return) would cost me around $800 + shipping costs.

Now my question is if it’s worth the money. I have the money but am not sure whether the price is not exaggerated and maybe the model and the requirements for it are normally less pricey. Thanks for any suggestion

EasyPeasY57299

if u have the money, why dont u seek a nice pre-owned gen? if you would want this rep so much, I think you wouldn't be so concerned about the $800...
to answer your question, as far a is know, reliable Daytona reps are around $600, but it depends on the exact model, not excluded that yours is an upgraded version.
personally, ive set a limited budget for my reps. all those that are up to 500$ are ok for me. if the price is higher, look for pre-owned alternatives. maybe not the same models, but gens. such a way, I complete my watch collection with both reps and gens

thiN1k1ngTWICe

A co-worker had a rep Submariner WM9 for around 900$ 7 years ago. Served well and worked smoothly. Only changed the crystal because of an accident cracking it completely. If you balance the pros and the cons, you might find the answer to your question

if u have the money, why dont u seek a nice pre-owned gen? if you would want this rep so much, I think you wouldn't be so concerned about the $800...
to answer your question, as far a is know, reliable Daytona reps are around $600, but it depends on the exact model, not excluded that yours is an upgraded version.
personally, ive set a limited budget for my reps. all those that are up to 500$ are ok for me. if the price is higher, look for pre-owned alternatives. maybe not the same models, but gens. such a way, I complete my watch collection with both reps and gens
Great point here

You need to first figure out why would u spend $800 on a rep with no warranties when u can have a fairly accurate, good-looking, NEW Tissot or smth similar to serve you longer without any warranty concerns. If u are ready to spend it on a rep, you have to be prepared for every scenario from a happy to a sad ending.

Have you owned reps before? If it’s your first one, wouldn’t recommend u target so high

whySOniCE456

I got a Moonwatch Apollo "Swiss" labeled rep for 550$. would have paid 800$, it this had been its price. yours is probably a more valuable model. the one I got runs on Lemania-like movement. not know much of it, but can say for sure that my dad did not spot any errors or malfunctions so far

TesaLLiuM8565

thought about a pre-owned and even researched... didn't find the right model that would fit my necessities and aesthetic demands. could wait in the list for a while but I need a watch right now

TesaLLiuM8565

I got a Moonwatch Apollo "Swiss" labeled rep for 550$. would have paid 800$, it this had been its price. yours is probably a more valuable model. the one I got runs on Lemania-like movement. not know much of it, but can say for sure that my dad did not spot any errors or malfunctions so far
the one ive spotted is also swiss labeled. but with so many scams, not sure to believe in such fancy words

JL$4k029

what's the point in having a new rep instead of a pre-owned gen?
if it's for yourself, wait a bit until you find what you like.
if the "new" attracts you more because you want to offer it as a gift for someone, would not take the risk, frankly. you risk spending too much for a piece you dont know how it will really work
if it's just your guilty pleasure for yourself because you love the model, take it, assuming all the possible risks and also let us know how it all went

for the third scenario, don't stick with the price. better, look for trusted sources. it's not excluded to find some rep sources that provide even better quality and u know for sure that you won't get a trash. even if the price is the same, at least you will know it comes from a trusted dealer

hiFUProstry

what's the point in having a new rep instead of a pre-owned gen?
if it's for yourself, wait a bit until you find what you like.
if the "new" attracts you more because you want to offer it as a gift for someone, would not take the risk, frankly. you risk spending too much for a piece you dont know how it will really work
if it's just your guilty pleasure for yourself because you love the model, take it, assuming all the possible risks and also let us know how it all went

for the third scenario, don't stick with the price. better, look for trusted sources. it's not excluded to find some rep sources that provide even better quality and u know for sure that you won't get a trash. even if the price is the same, at least you will know it comes from a trusted dealer
agree with @JL$4k029 here. you have to find the right source rather that focus on price. in this hobby, 800$ price does not warranty you quality. what do you know about the dealer? where did you find im? is it a trusted one? did you check feedbacks from other customers regarding the watches it sell?
these are the questions you have to ask yourself. I got a Heuer rep for 220$ and it satisfies my completely already of the 4th year. Also, know people who had reps for 600$ and had issues. every case in particular is individual, it may work or it may not. the securest way is to find a reliable dealer

is there only one source you found the rep on? what do other stores offer? I wouldn't take if the model is out $400 on other sources and only one has it for 800. sounds strange... no matter how high quality is promised there... be prudent

CoVriGoooU

owned so-called "Swiss" reps for $900 and usual reps for $300. didn't see much difference in them, honestly. not sure if 800 $ it's worth it. is that watch for a special occasion, or what?!

staYingPosiTIve!!!

possibly, it might be reasonable if you know for sure that it comes from a trusted dealer and it's quality is a decent one. but, it's 800$ dude. for such money, you can look for a reliable and good-looking pre-owned.
I saw an Omega de Ville Prestige for 969$, an Oris Alterier skeleton for 975$, and a Waltham for 750. What’s wrong with them?! Think you should rethink your desire of 800$ rep

platoonshrek

I did see reps of about 1000$. I was also reticent about such prices and looked kinda strange to the buddy that paid that money. but lemme tell you the I was amazed by the craftsmanship indeed. great finishing, accurate movement, precise time-keeping. it might be worth, but be prudent where you buy the rep from

peGASus4338#!

never paid for a rep more than 500$. if I have the budget, so many alternatives are available. maybe not from brands with such a strong echo like Rolex or Audemars Piguet, but what's so bad in owning a Seiko, Nixon, Orient?!! I think there will be many factor generating you headache with this 800$ rep

WatchOveR

know for sure that there can be good reps for about 600$. never held a 800$ rep in hands, so cant tell you for sure. But, imho, it's a bit exaggerated the price. many online dealers offer reps for about 800$ but if you make your research, you can find the same model and the same characteristics at a modest price. so, I think you should go on searching deeper

WorldWideWisdom

im pretty sure that you can find the same model for around 600$. it's impossible that only one dealer has a certain model that can be found in other dealers. usually, different rep stores sell the same watches, only under different store names and different prices. the fact that the rep you found is 800 buck doesn't guaranty you quality

Whiseed

There are so many price differance here in your comments that I'm completely lost. I'm really glad that I found this post. The thing is that I'm thinking to buy a Daytona, and I would like to know if there is a possibility to find a good high-quality replica for about $500. Please don't judge me, I feel completely dumb. I just recently received a replica Rolex gift and started to love watches. I never purchased a replica watch and I really don't know which stores I can trust. This is why I don't really know how much I have to spend.
Honestly, I thought that $500 are enough for a good replica. I see that people here are going over $800. Do I have at least any chance to find a good Daytona for $500 or do I have to spend more? The thing is that I don't want to buy some sh*t. If I have to spend more, I'll do it. Better to know...

UltrARiott

There are so many price differance here in your comments that I'm completely lost. I'm really glad that I found this post. The thing is that I'm thinking to buy a Daytona, and I would like to know if there is a possibility to find a good high-quality replica for about $500. Please don't judge me, I feel completely dumb. I just recently received a replica Rolex gift and started to love watches. I never purchased a replica watch and I really don't know which stores I can trust. This is why I don't really know how much I have to spend.
Honestly, I thought that $500 are enough for a good replica. I see that people here are going over $800. Do I have at least any chance to find a good Daytona for $500 or do I have to spend more? The thing is that I don't want to buy some sh*t. If I have to spend more, I'll do it. Better to know...
800$ rep doesn't guarantee u high quality. At least, not always. From my perspective, 500 $ of a first rep is a great start, there's no need to go beyond that, at least for the beginning. Take a medium-priced rep first, try it, test it, wear it and see how it behaves over time. Also, you'll test the dealer that will send your rep. if the rep is a good version, upgrade gradually to more expensive.

I agree here with those saying that the dealer is more important than the replica itself. if you know it is a trusted one, no worries with the watch then. don't forget that many dealers seek newbies like you and try to sell 800 rep, when in reality it is worth 100, or smth like that... so I would start with the dealer/store first...

Whiseed

800$ rep doesn't guarantee u high quality. At least, not always. From my perspective, 500 $ of a first rep is a great start, there's no need to go beyond that, at least for the beginning. Take a medium-priced rep first, try it, test it, wear it and see how it behaves over time. Also, you'll test the dealer that will send your rep. if the rep is a good version, upgrade gradually to more expensive.

I agree here with those saying that the dealer is more important than the replica itself. if you know it is a trusted one, no worries with the watch then. don't forget that many dealers seek newbies like you and try to sell 800 rep, when in reality it is worth 100, or smth like that... so I would start with the dealer/store first...
Cool thing to know. I always thought that the price actually matter. Seems to me that I have a lot to learn and I really feel dumb. Actually, this is not the only problem... now that I get the fact about price and dealers, the problem is the dealer or the supplier. I would like help...

Is there a possibility... at least to be sure that I can have the possibility to go with something " sure". Is there a supplier or a dealer that you know for sure that I can feel secure with? I mean, at least I would know that they provide a good replica and that I'm not going to be scammed.
Please, please, pleaseeeee 🙏 I don't want my first experience to be a total flop... at least I'm going to be sure that I don't pay for air...:rolleyes:
🙏🙏