Differences between SS for reps! Help me understand the truth.

bombonio

the only thing that i know for sure is that generally, quite all the reps out there are working with ss that is actually 316L, and this is because this material is cheaper in production, so when you use it , you are not going to consume a lot of money for it. even so, they are all lying about the material that they use, this is why usually you can see a lot of suppliers talking about 904L which is a high-quality material. It is really high priced and the final version of the replica or the clone is going to cost you a fortune.

what i wanted to say is that there are actually manufacturers working with 904L and offering reps with this material, but you are not going to be able to identify them. The supps can write everything that they want, they can go and say that they use the 904L ss but in reality, it is an inferior quality. They are doing this to rise the price for the item, because the biggest part of their customers and not going to investigate the watch that they get in order to see if it is really 904L SS. This is a normal thing, imagine that you always go with replica watches, and you never know actually, what kind of material for the SS you have. So in this case you just buy your reps and live your life without concentrating on this type of information.

My advice to you is to always seek good SS material but to never concentrate your attention on this information. This doesn't actually matter, you are not going to see any difference. Maybe about the weight only.

Hathow

the only thing that i know for sure is that generally, quite all the reps out there are working with ss that is actually 316L, and this is because this material is cheaper in production, so when you use it , you are not going to consume a lot of money for it. even so, they are all lying about the material that they use, this is why usually you can see a lot of suppliers talking about 904L which is a high-quality material. It is really high priced and the final version of the replica or the clone is going to cost you a fortune.

what i wanted to say is that there are actually manufacturers working with 904L and offering reps with this material, but you are not going to be able to identify them. The supps can write everything that they want, they can go and say that they use the 904L ss but in reality, it is an inferior quality. They are doing this to rise the price for the item, because the biggest part of their customers and not going to investigate the watch that they get in order to see if it is really 904L SS. This is a normal thing, imagine that you always go with replica watches, and you never know actually, what kind of material for the SS you have. So in this case you just buy your reps and live your life without concentrating on this type of information.

My advice to you is to always seek good SS material but to never concentrate your attention on this information. This doesn't actually matter, you are not going to see any difference. Maybe about the weight only.
thank you for the replay, i actually know about this and i have heard about this for sure. it is just that seems to be pretty complicated, and this is not the only info that i get, some people still say that this is not true and that you can find other ss than just the 316L.
i dont know the fundamental truth and for sure you are right that it is hard to identify weather this is true or not. how about other ss. if they exist means that someone there is using them.

JareD

got im so pissed to find just 316L SS. i heard that so many people find watches that are made with a better SS material.
the thing is that every material from the original model is actually replaced with the SS material. So it doesn't matter if the genuine version is a yellow-gold version, they will make the color for the SS material.
If the material is terrible and non-adherent, after some time the color is going to come off. the most horrible thing is that there are lf replicas that are water-resistant. but if you go for a gold version and you know that is made of SS, not gold ( which is a logical thing). you are going to be afraid to use the watch underwater just because the gold color is going to come of, and you are going to look like a total idiot with a cheap watch on your wrist.
1677152511606.png

Racrought

Hello, there, and welcome to our club!
It is very nice to meet people that actually are interested in finding out more information!
Thank you for the kind words, honestly, I feel it too. This is one of the things that made me love this forum even more, the idea that you can talk about things that matter and make it easy for every single person here. In fact, it is cool to know that all people, can understand what we talk about.
About the SS quality, there are a lot of things that we should talk about here.
Well, unfortunately, this is true, quite all the replicas are working with not the best SS material for the watches. If you think logically, there is an explanation for this. First of all, you are going for a replica model, which is supposed to be cheaper and when something is cheaper this means that you spend less money on the materials.
Let's talk about this step by step, this is going to ease the process of understanding how it actually works.

There are 4 types of SS that you can find info about.

1. SS 440
This may be you have never heard about. That's because there are no replicas made of this specific type of SS. Even so, this information is pretty important for everyone to know. All the dealers and suppliers that are working with replica watches are aware of this. So, it is important to remember that if you go and see something like this on a site. If a dealer is offering you watches that are supposedly made of SS 440, you need to understand that this is bullshit and that this can't be true. Usually, when I see sites like this, I doubt that they can generally sell you something good. This is based on a logical assumption of the fact that, if they lie about this maybe they are lying about something else too.

2. SS 904L
This is the material that we are all looking for. There is a reason for it, as it is one of the best SS materials that you can find on the market. People that are constantly looking for replica watches usually are looking for those dealers that are assuming that they provide goods that are made with 904L stainless steel. This material is super expensive, this is why generally speaking is really hard to find replicas that actually use this type of material for their goods. I don't want to make you feel like losing hope. There are replicas made of this material but are really hard to find. Usually, these kinds of replicas are really expensive.
!!!! REALLY IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER!
Even if you find high-priced replicas that indicate that is made of 904L SS, this doesn't mean that the dealer is telling you the truth. Some dealers do this to make you spend more money for a watch that actually is made with a less quality SS. Don't be mad, can happen quite all the time.

To make you understand why it is quite impossible to find a replica made of 904L. Remember that 904L SS is a material that Rolex uses for the production of their SS watches. So, if the Rolex company is using this material, imagine how much it actually costs.
The reality is that 904L SS costs three times more than the 316 SS.

3. 316L and 316F SS
The last one to mention here is actually the material that you are going to find in almost all the replicas out there. Generally is not the best SS of all the SS materials existent out there, but it is highly used. Quite all the replica watches and even some genuine watches from some brands are made of this material.
Some dealers are going to make you believe that if you go for 316 F it is going to be better than 316L. Find one watch model that you like and try to find two prices. A model that is made of 316L and the same model made of 316F. I can assure you that you are going to observe that the price for the 316F is actually higher.

Even if you hear that your dealer is telling you to go with the 316F which is a little bit more expensive than the 316L, remember that this is not the case. If you go to see the chemical elements used for the 316F and 316L, you are going to see that the 316F has a little percentage higher of some specific chemicals, but 316L has a higher percentage of other chemicals.
Otherwise, none of this is actually influencing the shine of the color or the steal. So, there is no need to spend more money on the 316F instead of the 316L.

The shine and white appearance of the 316F that is usually so talked about has no basic foundation with some good proof. This all depends on the polishing matter that is used and how it is treated in the production process. Personally, I have seen some 316L that were shinier than 316F and vice-versa. The price related to 316F is totally non-biased on some proof that the material is really better.
You can check by yourself and see the difference. There are a lot of tables that indicated the chemicals used for both types of SS.

1677234243794.png

I hope that I have been explicit about this and that this information can actually help you understand how actually the SS material works on the replica watches market.
Greetings!

Sannater

Hello, there, and welcome to our club!
It is very nice to meet people that actually are interested in finding out more information!
Thank you for the kind words, honestly, I feel it too. This is one of the things that made me love this forum even more, the idea that you can talk about things that matter and make it easy for every single person here. In fact, it is cool to know that all people, can understand what we talk about.
About the SS quality, there are a lot of things that we should talk about here.
Well, unfortunately, this is true, quite all the replicas are working with not the best SS material for the watches. If you think logically, there is an explanation for this. First of all, you are going for a replica model, which is supposed to be cheaper and when something is cheaper this means that you spend less money on the materials.
Let's talk about this step by step, this is going to ease the process of understanding how it actually works.

There are 4 types of SS that you can find info about.

1. SS 440
This may be you have never heard about. That's because there are no replicas made of this specific type of SS. Even so, this information is pretty important for everyone to know. All the dealers and suppliers that are working with replica watches are aware of this. So, it is important to remember that if you go and see something like this on a site. If a dealer is offering you watches that are supposedly made of SS 440, you need to understand that this is bullshit and that this can't be true. Usually, when I see sites like this, I doubt that they can generally sell you something good. This is based on a logical assumption of the fact that, if they lie about this maybe they are lying about something else too.

2. SS 904L
This is the material that we are all looking for. There is a reason for it, as it is one of the best SS materials that you can find on the market. People that are constantly looking for replica watches usually are looking for those dealers that are assuming that they provide goods that are made with 904L stainless steel. This material is super expensive, this is why generally speaking is really hard to find replicas that actually use this type of material for their goods. I don't want to make you feel like losing hope. There are replicas made of this material but are really hard to find. Usually, these kinds of replicas are really expensive.
!!!! REALLY IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER!
Even if you find high-priced replicas that indicate that is made of 904L SS, this doesn't mean that the dealer is telling you the truth. Some dealers do this to make you spend more money for a watch that actually is made with a less quality SS. Don't be mad, can happen quite all the time.

To make you understand why it is quite impossible to find a replica made of 904L. Remember that 904L SS is a material that Rolex uses for the production of their SS watches. So, if the Rolex company is using this material, imagine how much it actually costs.
The reality is that 904L SS costs three times more than the 316 SS.

3. 316L and 316F SS
The last one to mention here is actually the material that you are going to find in almost all the replicas out there. Generally is not the best SS of all the SS materials existent out there, but it is highly used. Quite all the replica watches and even some genuine watches from some brands are made of this material.
Some dealers are going to make you believe that if you go for 316 F it is going to be better than 316L. Find one watch model that you like and try to find two prices. A model that is made of 316L and the same model made of 316F. I can assure you that you are going to observe that the price for the 316F is actually higher.

Even if you hear that your dealer is telling you to go with the 316F which is a little bit more expensive than the 316L, remember that this is not the case. If you go to see the chemical elements used for the 316F and 316L, you are going to see that the 316F has a little percentage higher of some specific chemicals, but 316L has a higher percentage of other chemicals.
Otherwise, none of this is actually influencing the shine of the color or the steal. So, there is no need to spend more money on the 316F instead of the 316L.

The shine and white appearance of the 316F that is usually so talked about has no basic foundation with some good proof. This all depends on the polishing matter that is used and how it is treated in the production process. Personally, I have seen some 316L that were shinier than 316F and vice-versa. The price related to 316F is totally non-biased on some proof that the material is really better.
You can check by yourself and see the difference. There are a lot of tables that indicated the chemicals used for both types of SS.

View attachment 305

I hope that I have been explicit about this and that this information can actually help you understand how actually the SS material works on the replica watches market.
Greetings!
this is one of the best posts to read actually. and thank you very much for the time that you spend here to make us understand basic information. I was one of those people believing that the 316F is actually better. I'm a little bit upset about the things that I found here and now that you mentioned that the price that we use to pay for the 316F is bullshit to do I feel a little bit sad... the thing that this is what |I used to do all this time.
I'm the only one to blame here.. I can't even go mad at dealers this is actually their work and I'm pretty sure that if I start working as a dealer for replica watches .. pretty sure I'm gonna do the same thing..
anyway, i was sure that the 316F is actually better, all my friends that are actually into replicas are believing in this for a very long time.. the stupid thing is that none of us decided to go and check the chemicals as you said, and to inform ourselves other what can make an SS a better material..

Acien191

@Racrought so you want to tell me that every time i used to go for reps that are actually 904L there is a possibility that they are not 904L?????
How can you tell??
NOOOOO, I can't believe this. just 3 days ago i ordered a model that is told to be 904L... so now I'm just disappointed, I don't want even to aspect to have a good watch here... :cry:

bombonio

@Racrought Damn it... so the previous post that i wrote about the 316L material for quite all the replicas that i find out there.. and the possibility to find out a good replica made of 904L SS... i still can't believe this... i don't know how to react.. you said that there are some possibilities to find some, and i heard that some people have replicas like this, but hell, there is no possibility to find out if the watch that you have is really 904L...
so you can be sure only about the fact that a genuine Rolex is for sure made of 904L SS. :D
:D:D

BarbaraO

I have been interested in the SS materials for a really long time. When I started to go with replicas all my people told me that I have to be informed and understand how actually the market works. This was a long way to go, but I'm thankful for those people that explained to me how tricky the market can be.
It is true that generally, there is a low possibility to find replicas in 904L, but there are some manufacturers that work with 904L. It is true that the price is higher.
The only thing that you can do is check your watches. When you get a watch that is supposed to be 904L, you need to check it with professionals. I know that this procedure costs a little bit... if you find that they have been lying to you at least you know that you don't need to go with them anymore.

Acien191

I have been interested in the SS materials for a really long time. When I started to go with replicas all my people told me that I have to be informed and understand how actually the market works. This was a long way to go, but I'm thankful for those people that explained to me how tricky the market can be.
It is true that generally, there is a low possibility to find replicas in 904L, but there are some manufacturers that work with 904L. It is true that the price is higher.
The only thing that you can do is check your watches. When you get a watch that is supposed to be 904L, you need to check it with professionals. I know that this procedure costs a little bit... if you find that they have been lying to you at least you know that you don't need to go with them anymore.
I genuinely think there are fewer people going to check on the steel on the watch. Of course, I would like to know that the watch that I bought and that was said to be for example 904L I would like to believe that they really do this. I knew that a lot of them were lying. Not I know that the possibility of lying is even higher than i thought but even tho, i don't think that i would ever go to check on the watch to see if the steel is really the one that was indicated. First of all, I know that I would have to pay for this, second of all I know that i have to spend some time for this.. quite a waste I think.

BarbaraO

I genuinely think there are fewer people going to check on the steel on the watch. Of course, I would like to know that the watch that I bought and that was said to be for example 904L I would like to believe that they really do this. I knew that a lot of them were lying. Not I know that the possibility of lying is even higher than i thought but even tho, i don't think that i would ever go to check on the watch to see if the steel is really the one that was indicated. First of all, I know that I would have to pay for this, second of all I know that i have to spend some time for this.. quite a waste I think.
well idk, for me this is interesting because this is how i find if they were lying to me and I love to confront them. I don't mean that I do this for every single product I get from different stores, just for those that seem slightly suspicious. In this case, i really want to know the truth. Especially if the watch is said to be made of 904L and you pay a lot more money. Quite all the watches that are supposed to be made of 904L, are usually a lot more expensive. At least when I go and I check if this is true, I know if I can spend that money and if this is worth it. Usually, I do this at stores that I don't know and that I don't trust. I do this one time, on the models that are a lot more expensive in comparison with other models to see if they are real about their goods. If you think a little bit differently about this, this actually makes you save money!

At least this is how I see it.

bombonio

there is a sense to go and find if the stainless steel material is really the one that they indicated if you really care.
Although for me it is a really complicated thing to understand why to spend money on something that is replica fr.
It is like going on and on with a replica watch that is actually REPLICA and you spend add money on the same replica. Is there something that I don't get?

Hameaced

@Racrought thank you for the post that you made here and i think that all of us should take some time to thank our friend for all the information that he provided here. this was a lot of time and i appreciate your effort here.
some information that you provided i already knew about it, but some other information was actually new and interesting.
for newbies that are at the beginning of their path, i think that this information can make a lot of difference. if there a possibility to pin this message somehow, so that this post can be actually seen by more people?
a space or a pin that can help newbies that are looking for answers.
otherwise, some other people are going to ask someday the same exact question and I'm pretty sure that people are going to forget where this post can be found. what do you say @admin ?

Hathow

seems like this post was really needed and im really glad that i dont take all this space just for myself.
@Racrought thank you very much for the post and for a really good explanation. i think that im going to use this info for a long time.
the table is good too. i think that im going to save it for later.
i see that some hopes here have been broken and people feel sad about the info but i really think that u have to think about it like finding a revelation of the truth. so this thing can help you with ur next shopping

JareD

yep, guys seem like our hopes have been totally erased by the @Racrought post.
i dont mean it i a bad way, u know what i mean.
it is painful u are right but at least is better to know the truth about it.
it is good that know we know the truth and know what to expect from our next purchase.
about checking the steel to see if it is the exact steel that has been indicated personally i dont see a point.
u are going to spend money to find out that the material is not the one that you expected.
you are going to get mad even if overall the version of the watch is not bad and visually the steel doesn't seem to be bad.\
when you go to a professional to see if the watch is made of some kind of steel, you just go because when you look at the watch you can just tell urself. this means that the watch is not bad it is just u that are curious.
i think that you spend too much money on something that is not a good idea actually.

better to save money and just go with new watches. in the end, they are all replicas.
dont waste ur time

Eddie

Hi, @Hathow
what can i tell you?) welcome to the world where anyone who has tangents with everything that means "replica watch" faces the same dilemma)
I'm glad to see how many people answered you here, and honestly I don't have anything to add. because everything that has been commented here is really all you could know about ss in replica watches.
all I could add is that unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to trust a dealer or factory, because it is extremely difficult to somehow confirm the truth that they support. I mean, how could you confirm that 904l stainless steel really 904?! unless if you are a chemist and you have an underground laboratory somewhere and you are curious to do experiments))....

a few years ago, I remember that a factory itself claimed to use 904l stainless steel, until the opposite was confirmed.... I don't know how people came to confirm, but the idea is that the factory was finally closed.... . I'm afraid that being part of an industry without regulation and without control, the factories will continue to profit to the maximum... maybe not all, but a good part of them for sure......

the replica watches that I own are usually 904l or 316l steel. at least that's what I think)) as the dealers told me) and every time I think about the grade of steel, I calm myself by remembering that Omega also uses 316l stainless steel in its watches... respectively, it seems this material isn't so bad if a brand with such a reputation uses it)... my comment is not very cognitive, I know, but I just wanted to share my thoughts...... all I could say about ss, already was mentioned above :)

Acien191

well idk, for me this is interesting because this is how i find if they were lying to me and I love to confront them. I don't mean that I do this for every single product I get from different stores, just for those that seem slightly suspicious. In this case, i really want to know the truth. Especially if the watch is said to be made of 904L and you pay a lot more money. Quite all the watches that are supposed to be made of 904L, are usually a lot more expensive. At least when I go and I check if this is true, I know if I can spend that money and if this is worth it. Usually, I do this at stores that I don't know and that I don't trust. I do this one time, on the models that are a lot more expensive in comparison with other models to see if they are real about their goods. If you think a little bit differently about this, this actually makes you save money!

At least this is how I see it.
makes sense for sure but still im not that sure that ill going to be able to do something like this, I mean, seems like a lot of time and still, you are going to pay some additional money to check on a watch that is a replica.
i just imagine if it turns out that you have spent a lot of money on a replica that was supposed to be actually made of 904L, but in the end, you find that the model is actually made of a different steel that is cheaper.
so you go to a professional, you spend money to find out what is actually about it. you spend money to find and you find that the watch is not.. so it meant that you have to spend money on a watch + you have to spend money on a professional. In the end, the watch turns out to cost a lot of money, which is not equivalent to how much it is worth... seems pretty painful to me. :(
:(:(:(

BarbaraO

makes sense for sure but still im not that sure that ill going to be able to do something like this, I mean, seems like a lot of time and still, you are going to pay some additional money to check on a watch that is a replica.
i just imagine if it turns out that you have spent a lot of money on a replica that was supposed to be actually made of 904L, but in the end, you find that the model is actually made of a different steel that is cheaper.
so you go to a professional, you spend money to find out what is actually about it. you spend money to find and you find that the watch is not.. so it meant that you have to spend money on a watch + you have to spend money on a professional. In the end, the watch turns out to cost a lot of money, which is not equivalent to how much it is worth... seems pretty painful to me. :(
:(:(:(
yes, I actually understand what you mean, but you don't understand what actually I'm trying to say.
The thing is that I spend this money just one time. The first time that I try a new store that I have never been purchasing from before.
So when I don't know how serious are they about the things that they are selling, I'm just trying to figure out if they lie about what products they have and the materials used for the production of that watch. For me, it is enough to go with it just one time, to understand how they work.

Yes, this means that the first time that I spend money for a professional and it turns out to be a scam, I spend a lot of money... and I'm actually in red but this helps me to save money for my feature acquisitions. Imagine that you don't go to a professional and don't check the material. You continue to buy the products from the same supplier over and over again. You don't even know that you are spending that much money for good that it's not worth the money... are going to lose more money than me over time. ;)

BarbaraO

there is a sense to go and find if the stainless steel material is really the one that they indicated if you really care.
Although for me it is a really complicated thing to understand why to spend money on something that is replica fr.
It is like going on and on with a replica watch that is actually REPLICA and you spend add money on the same replica. Is there something that I don't get?
I'm talking about this just here with @Acien191, just check the previous posts to understand the reason.

bombonio

I'm talking about this just here with @Acien191, just check the previous posts to understand the reason.
thank u it is actually pretty clear.
i understand ur reasons but for me is a no... i barely have the money for some reps that i usually want, and i struggle so much some time to get the one that i want and love, fs not the best acquisition for me. this is why maybe im always looking for alternatives that are cheaper.
i cant say that i go for cheap replicas this is not true, but i always try to stay in the middle.

Sannater

@Racrought so you want to tell me that every time i used to go for reps that are actually 904L there is a possibility that they are not 904L?????
How can you tell??
NOOOOO, I can't believe this. just 3 days ago i ordered a model that is told to be 904L... so now I'm just disappointed, I don't want even to aspect to have a good watch here... :cry:
well this is quite sooooo soo painful, i had the same situation... when you think that you know all the details about the watch but you just find that it is not like what you thought it would be ... and you just placed and order...
yep unfortunately this shit happens.
dont stress yourself too much, take this as a lesson and just move one. think about this like you are going to change your future purchases. from now on you know another piece of truth.
imagine if you could go over and over without knowing this.. you could feel much lower after years if you find it... better sooner than never.