Differences between SS for reps! Help me understand the truth.

Racrought

this is one of the best posts to read actually. and thank you very much for the time that you spend here to make us understand basic information. I was one of those people believing that the 316F is actually better. I'm a little bit upset about the things that I found here and now that you mentioned that the price that we use to pay for the 316F is bullshit to do I feel a little bit sad... the thing that this is what |I used to do all this time.
I'm the only one to blame here.. I can't even go mad at dealers this is actually their work and I'm pretty sure that if I start working as a dealer for replica watches .. pretty sure I'm gonna do the same thing..
anyway, i was sure that the 316F is actually better, all my friends that are actually into replicas are believing in this for a very long time.. the stupid thing is that none of us decided to go and check the chemicals as you said, and to inform ourselves other what can make an SS a better material..
it happens. some things can appear to be pretty simple not everybody knows about them. this can change over time, and this is why it is so important to share the information that you get.. and to make people understand that they have to be informed about everything.

Racrought

@Racrought Damn it... so the previous post that i wrote about the 316L material for quite all the replicas that i find out there.. and the possibility to find out a good replica made of 904L SS... i still can't believe this... i don't know how to react.. you said that there are some possibilities to find some, and i heard that some people have replicas like this, but hell, there is no possibility to find out if the watch that you have is really 904L...
so you can be sure only about the fact that a genuine Rolex is for sure made of 904L SS. :D
:D:D
pretty hard to believe it but yes, people have never asked one valuable question for themselves. well, what is the serial number of the SS that is used for Rolex?? It is a simple question but nobody ever thinks about this... so when you find that gens are made with 904L you just stare at the wall and purchase the info that you just found. :D

YupyLuk

I know there are mixed opinions about Stainless Steel. Some say the 904 and 316 look identical others say there are obvious differences between them. I can't say that my conclusion applies to absolutely all watches, but I will tell my own experience with these two types of steel. I really like watches that I can wear on my right hand, i.e. lefties. respectively, in the last few years I have had two watches of this kind. It is a peLagos in 316 steel, and a GMT master replica in 904 stainless steel. I don't know if it's specifically related to the steel, but the replica pelaGos created small scratches on the steel surface from the very first months. even if I cleaned and polished it periodically, it seemed to have lost its original shine. in terms of comfort and functionality, I had no problems with it at all, even though it had a Japanese mechanism. instead, the Rolex replica watch had a cloned Swiss movement, but I had technical problems with it. It stopped a few times a month, even though I wound the crown according to the rules. But when it comes to the aesthetics and durability of 904 Stainless Steel, it still looks like new to this day. I can't say that I behaved differently with both watches. But the Rolex 904 steel replica resisted impacts much better and kept its aesthetics much better. I can't say much about the other types of steel, such as 404. I never interacted with them.

Racrought

I know there are mixed opinions about Stainless Steel. Some say the 904 and 316 look identical others say there are obvious differences between them. I can't say that my conclusion applies to absolutely all watches, but I will tell my own experience with these two types of steel. I really like watches that I can wear on my right hand, i.e. lefties. respectively, in the last few years I have had two watches of this kind. It is a peLagos in 316 steel, and a GMT master replica in 904 stainless steel. I don't know if it's specifically related to the steel, but the replica pelaGos created small scratches on the steel surface from the very first months. even if I cleaned and polished it periodically, it seemed to have lost its original shine. in terms of comfort and functionality, I had no problems with it at all, even though it had a Japanese mechanism. instead, the Rolex replica watch had a cloned Swiss movement, but I had technical problems with it. It stopped a few times a month, even though I wound the crown according to the rules. But when it comes to the aesthetics and durability of 904 Stainless Steel, it still looks like new to this day. I can't say that I behaved differently with both watches. But the Rolex 904 steel replica resisted impacts much better and kept its aesthetics much better. I can't say much about the other types of steel, such as 404. I never interacted with them.
the thing is not actually about resistance. there is a really good idea and quite everybody knows that 904 steel is the best material that you can actually find for the watch. The thing is that is quite impossible to find the 904l. of course not that there are not such watches, there are manufacturers that are using the same exact material of 904 but the idea is that a lot of them, let's say 90% of those that say that they use stainless steel material 904l are using lower quality stainless steel for their watches.

I would like to know if you are sure that the watches, replica watches that you have are actually made of 904l. Just the idea that they said it to me, or this was written on the steel or on the site is not an argument. I have to know that you actually know for sure. Did you check it? :unsure:

check all of them with a professional and tell me what they said.
I remember myself in the beginning when i used to believe that they actually offer what tey write there. after a lot of time, and a lot of searching and going to professional i just got the ugly truth..

Acien191

yes, I actually understand what you mean, but you don't understand what actually I'm trying to say.
The thing is that I spend this money just one time. The first time that I try a new store that I have never been purchasing from before.
So when I don't know how serious are they about the things that they are selling, I'm just trying to figure out if they lie about what products they have and the materials used for the production of that watch. For me, it is enough to go with it just one time, to understand how they work.

Yes, this means that the first time that I spend money for a professional and it turns out to be a scam, I spend a lot of money... and I'm actually in red but this helps me to save money for my feature acquisitions. Imagine that you don't go to a professional and don't check the material. You continue to buy the products from the same supplier over and over again. You don't even know that you are spending that much money for good that it's not worth the money... are going to lose more money than me over time. ;)
i got it, but it seems to be so unfair because you are going to lose money.
this seems to be such bullshit.. like you have to go and spend more money, just because they are telling you lies.. no im not going to do this, i think that i may go with those suppliers that i actually trust and all my friends trust. it is extremely hard nowadays to change a supplier. when you do so, you always have a lot of stress, because you know that if smth does not go right you can't do anything about this...

Acien191

well this is quite sooooo soo painful, i had the same situation... when you think that you know all the details about the watch but you just find that it is not like what you thought it would be ... and you just placed and order...
yep unfortunately this shit happens.
dont stress yourself too much, take this as a lesson and just move one. think about this like you are going to change your future purchases. from now on you know another piece of truth.
imagine if you could go over and over without knowing this.. you could feel much lower after years if you find it... better sooner than never.
it is not like im stressing too much, but i think that a lot of people that are going with replicas are experiencing this.
even so, it is important to understand that this always happens and that you are not the only one.. especially at the beginning when you dont know where to start and who to trust.
even so, i wouldn't go to check the material, common this is a replica model and you paid for this, and you pay again to check it..
in this case, just dont lose your money on a replica and go save for a genuine one..

BarbaraO

@Acien191 I think that you didn't get the idea that I wanted to send!

First of all, I don't spend a lot of money to buy replicas and check all of them all the time, to be sure that I got the model that has the exact same materials indicated. I do this just once!!! One time!
This is the first time that I start to go with a new supplier. Imagine that you find a new supplier and it seems to you to be okay. Well, you go and place an order and expect to have the model that you wanted and to be the way you wanted.
The second thing that I do, is to check the watch for general things. Things like, how it looks, does it fit the category for a watch that is an AAA replica, or the level of replica that I paid for.

The next thing, if I generally love the aspect of the watch and it seems to me to be okay, and good enough for the money I paid- JUST IN CASE I WANT TO GO FURTHER WITH THE SAME SUPPLIER - i go and check the watch with the professional, to make sure that they indicate the exact same material that they actually use.
I DO THIS JUST THE FIRST TIME- because it is enough for me in order to understand how they work and if they are sincere.

When it comes to 904l or other materials like this, they are more expensive than many other materials used for the same model. We all know that watches made of 904L are going to be more expensive.
If I buy the watch from the supplier and I find that they have been LYING to me- and that I HAVE BEEN PAYING EXTRA MONEY FOR 904L THAT ACTUALLY DOES NOT EXIST- I understand that this is going to make me lose money over time.
Because when you don't know that you are pay for a watch that is made of 316L instead of 904L you are paying more money.
So actually when you think about this, I'm saving money, I'm not losing them!

BarbaraO

thank u it is actually pretty clear.
i understand ur reasons but for me is a no... i barely have the money for some reps that i usually want, and i struggle so much some time to get the one that i want and love, fs not the best acquisition for me. this is why maybe im always looking for alternatives that are cheaper.
i cant say that i go for cheap replicas this is not true, but i always try to stay in the middle.
I totally understand, I don't say that all people have to do the same thing.
I suppose that if you are struggling, you probably don't go for 904L or something like this. You are trying to find a good replica but at a reasonable price. In this case, there is a big possibility that all the replicas that you have are 316L SS.

Acien191

@Acien191 I think that you didn't get the idea that I wanted to send!

First of all, I don't spend a lot of money to buy replicas and check all of them all the time, to be sure that I got the model that has the exact same materials indicated. I do this just once!!! One time!
This is the first time that I start to go with a new supplier. Imagine that you find a new supplier and it seems to you to be okay. Well, you go and place an order and expect to have the model that you wanted and to be the way you wanted.
The second thing that I do, is to check the watch for general things. Things like, how it looks, does it fit the category for a watch that is an AAA replica, or the level of replica that I paid for.

The next thing, if I generally love the aspect of the watch and it seems to me to be okay, and good enough for the money I paid- JUST IN CASE I WANT TO GO FURTHER WITH THE SAME SUPPLIER - i go and check the watch with the professional, to make sure that they indicate the exact same material that they actually use.
I DO THIS JUST THE FIRST TIME- because it is enough for me in order to understand how they work and if they are sincere.

When it comes to 904l or other materials like this, they are more expensive than many other materials used for the same model. We all know that watches made of 904L are going to be more expensive.
If I buy the watch from the supplier and I find that they have been LYING to me- and that I HAVE BEEN PAYING EXTRA MONEY FOR 904L THAT ACTUALLY DOES NOT EXIST- I understand that this is going to make me lose money over time.
Because when you don't know that you are pay for a watch that is made of 316L instead of 904L you are paying more money.
So actually when you think about this, I'm saving money, I'm not losing them!
I got it, you are just saving money for the feature and in the end, you save a lot of money when you know the truth.
Honestly, I don't think that Ill be able to ever do that, I'm too lazy for this... to go and search for professional watchmakers and to pay money and to search for the truth and so... not too much for me actually... i think that im going to pass.
for me it is important to know that the watch is good, it has generally good quality and looks exactly the same. That's all!

bombonio

pretty hard to believe it but yes, people have never asked one valuable question for themselves. well, what is the serial number of the SS that is used for Rolex?? It is a simple question but nobody ever thinks about this... so when you find that gens are made with 904L you just stare at the wall and purchase the info that you just found. :D
well yeah, now that i know this it is going to put me in some processing situation when im going to read that the watch is made of 904L.
Just not in case if somebody I know tells me with great and 100% trust that they have purchased watches from this supplier and they know that it is good, it is what is supposed to be, and that they dont tell you to bullshit about the materials...

You know, after all this story, i feel like I started to have more respect for those suppliers that are selling bad replica quality but at least they are not telling lies. You just go to the store and you know that you buy some crap. At least, this is your own decision.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Buten

holly molly.. this is kind of reveling for me!!!!!!!!!!

for newbies, this is such a shitty thing to find this!!!!

ive been ordering sooooo many watches that actually are supposed to be made of 904L just because i hear that this is the best SS on the market.
So now I think that im going to look at these watches that I ordered a little bit differently... what a shit... :cautious:

Hameaced

yep, guys seem like our hopes have been totally erased by the @Racrought post.
i dont mean it i a bad way, u know what i mean.
it is painful u are right but at least is better to know the truth about it.
it is good that know we know the truth and know what to expect from our next purchase.
about checking the steel to see if it is the exact steel that has been indicated personally i dont see a point.
u are going to spend money to find out that the material is not the one that you expected.
you are going to get mad even if overall the version of the watch is not bad and visually the steel doesn't seem to be bad.\
when you go to a professional to see if the watch is made of some kind of steel, you just go because when you look at the watch you can just tell urself. this means that the watch is not bad it is just u that are curious.
i think that you spend too much money on something that is not a good idea actually.

better to save money and just go with new watches. in the end, they are all replicas.
dont waste ur time
yeah, sometimes it is even better to know the truth even if we dont really like it.
i used to think so many different things about replicas before i found the truth about it.
at least this helps us to protect ourselves from all the things that can genuinely happen during the purchase. at least personally, i love to know the truth.
i still have a little hope just because there is a possibility to find watches made of 940L. But this is hard, and to be sure you have to do 2 things.
1. to check it, if it is possible with a watchmaker.
2. to find suppliers that somebody else checked before and know for sure that they go for good replicas.

i think that this is all we need to know for now!
in the end, this is not that bad, you know a lot of watches made of 316L can be good.

Hathow

Hi, @Hathow
what can i tell you?) welcome to the world where anyone who has tangents with everything that means "replica watch" faces the same dilemma)
I'm glad to see how many people answered you here, and honestly I don't have anything to add. because everything that has been commented here is really all you could know about ss in replica watches.
all I could add is that unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to trust a dealer or factory, because it is extremely difficult to somehow confirm the truth that they support. I mean, how could you confirm that 904l stainless steel really 904?! unless if you are a chemist and you have an underground laboratory somewhere and you are curious to do experiments))....

a few years ago, I remember that a factory itself claimed to use 904l stainless steel, until the opposite was confirmed.... I don't know how people came to confirm, but the idea is that the factory was finally closed.... . I'm afraid that being part of an industry without regulation and without control, the factories will continue to profit to the maximum... maybe not all, but a good part of them for sure......

the replica watches that I own are usually 904l or 316l steel. at least that's what I think)) as the dealers told me) and every time I think about the grade of steel, I calm myself by remembering that Omega also uses 316l stainless steel in its watches... respectively, it seems this material isn't so bad if a brand with such a reputation uses it)... my comment is not very cognitive, I know, but I just wanted to share my thoughts...... all I could say about ss, already was mentioned above :)
Thank you for your welcome! You are kind and I really like that all people here and kind and good.
Yes, I know about the fact that even some brands are using 316 L SS. This is not a big problem, I have some 316L replicas and I can't say that they are bad.
Honestly, I don't think that I'm going to be able to tell the difference if you are going to put 316 and 904 models.
Maybe after some time. This was the most interesting factor for me, to know if you can tell after some time.
Some people say that you can see a big difference between 904 and 316 just after some time. The color changes for 316 it becomes something like too yellow.
Even so, for now, I can't say that I have some major problems. Gonna analyze it and see after some time.

It is still pretty awful that to be sure we have to consult some experts.
This is true that not all people are able to do such a thing!
I really hope that thanks to this platform I'm going to be able to find some new and good suppliers that are verified and that we know for sure that we can trust.
For now, we operate with what we really have )));)

JareD

yeah, sometimes it is even better to know the truth even if we dont really like it.
i used to think so many different things about replicas before i found the truth about it.
at least this helps us to protect ourselves from all the things that can genuinely happen during the purchase. at least personally, i love to know the truth.
i still have a little hope just because there is a possibility to find watches made of 940L. But this is hard, and to be sure you have to do 2 things.
1. to check it, if it is possible with a watchmaker.
2. to find suppliers that somebody else checked before and know for sure that they go for good replicas.

i think that this is all we need to know for now!
in the end, this is not that bad, you know a lot of watches made of 316L can be good.
this is true but seems that it is easier to go with the idea of finding other people that know for sure that the supplier is offering 904L SS watches. For me, it is complicated to find a good expert here. I don't even think that I have that much time to go and check the watches...

Racrought

Hi guys, i think I just didn't realize that this is going to be such a controversial topic, especially after my post about SS.
First of all I want to say that I'm really happy that I got to help some other people and clarify a lot of things.
I didn't want to create a post that is going to make you feel weird of something like this.
For sure, I didn't want to create a post that is going to make you lose hope or feel bad. I just wanted to inform those that were really interested in this.
Even so, there are some things that I would like to clarify, regarding some of the comments here.
I totally accept the fact that maybe I just got the wrong words for some parts on my post.
There is hope to find 904L but the chance is really really low. If you don't know for sure about the supplier and what it offers the CHANCE that the SS is going to be of inferior quality is really high!
This happens because they actually know that quite nobody goes to check it.
It is true- it requires time, patience, and of course some additional money! They know that people usually go for such watches, i mean replica watches, they go to save money, not to spend more. This is why they know that the chance that somebody is going to check them is really really low.
What @BarbaraO is doing, is really amazing. The technique is clear and of course, can save you money and solve some puzzles regarding the supplier that you use. Even so, you never know. There is a risk all the time. you never know when the supplier is going to change their idea, change the manufacturer, or change the strategy to make money.
Here is the thing, if you have the opportunity to do it, just do it, check them, and be sure. Find more info and ask questions. If you don't have this opportunity just don't worry and don't stress too much.
There are a lot of AAA replicas that are made of other SS than 904L, and they are really good.
Don't concentrate only on one thing the SS, trust me there are always many other important details to pay attention to.
As long as it is SS, you don't have to worry)))

Sannater

it is not like im stressing too much, but i think that a lot of people that are going with replicas are experiencing this.
even so, it is important to understand that this always happens and that you are not the only one.. especially at the beginning when you dont know where to start and who to trust.
even so, i wouldn't go to check the material, common this is a replica model and you paid for this, and you pay again to check it..
in this case, just dont lose your money on a replica and go save for a genuine one..
This sounds weird to you and of course for other people, but if you think about this u can get the idea.
generally this is not created in order to make u spend more money...
this is a good thing to save money for ur future acquisitions, this is what im talking about.
it is simple match actually.
u can go and calculate the results from spending money on a watch that is replica just to be sure that you are spending money on the actual material that they mentioned there..

Acien191

This sounds weird to you and of course for other people, but if you think about this u can get the idea.
generally this is not created in order to make u spend more money...
this is a good thing to save money for ur future acquisitions, this is what im talking about.
it is simple match actually.
u can go and calculate the results from spending money on a watch that is replica just to be sure that you are spending money on the actual material that they mentioned there..
well maybe... or maybe i just need to try once and see what you talk about...
i understand... but still it is just a replica watch.. why to spend money on something that is replica///
replica was made in order to make you save money, not spend more money...

BarbaraO

Hi guys, i think I just didn't realize that this is going to be such a controversial topic, especially after my post about SS.
First of all I want to say that I'm really happy that I got to help some other people and clarify a lot of things.
I didn't want to create a post that is going to make you feel weird of something like this.
For sure, I didn't want to create a post that is going to make you lose hope or feel bad. I just wanted to inform those that were really interested in this.
Even so, there are some things that I would like to clarify, regarding some of the comments here.
I totally accept the fact that maybe I just got the wrong words for some parts on my post.
There is hope to find 904L but the chance is really really low. If you don't know for sure about the supplier and what it offers the CHANCE that the SS is going to be of inferior quality is really high!
This happens because they actually know that quite nobody goes to check it.
It is true- it requires time, patience, and of course some additional money! They know that people usually go for such watches, i mean replica watches, they go to save money, not to spend more. This is why they know that the chance that somebody is going to check them is really really low.
What @BarbaraO is doing, is really amazing. The technique is clear and of course, can save you money and solve some puzzles regarding the supplier that you use. Even so, you never know. There is a risk all the time. you never know when the supplier is going to change their idea, change the manufacturer, or change the strategy to make money.
Here is the thing, if you have the opportunity to do it, just do it, check them, and be sure. Find more info and ask questions. If you don't have this opportunity just don't worry and don't stress too much.
There are a lot of AAA replicas that are made of other SS than 904L, and they are really good.
Don't concentrate only on one thing the SS, trust me there are always many other important details to pay attention to.
As long as it is SS, you don't have to worry)))
thank you, the technique is really really good, and i recommend trying it to everybody that has doubts about the quality of the SS. If you have the opportunity just do it. Of course, if it is really important to you and you really want to know the truth.
I've been doing this for a lot of time, and I have excluded a lot of suppliers that used to say that they are selling 904.
The thing is that, even if their watches are good, i didn't want to pay more.
I have been dealing with suppliers that had both 904 and 316 SS for sale. After I tested their 904, i just understood that they actually sell only 316. This made me understand that there is no need to go after 904. They are all the same, so made me understand that if generally the quality of the replica is good I just don't have to buy their 904, because they are all the same.
so now, I buy their watches but only the 316. Because they are less expensive than those that they claim to be 904. Which actually is the same.
When you know such tricks, you just know how to deal with them and you can't be fooled.

I remember one situation when one supp. asked me why I changed from 904 to 316 if the quality is inferior. I told them that I tasted the 904SS that they claim to offer and turned to be 316. They didn't reply a thing. :D That was hilarious.
I'm not mad... i know that they are working how they want and they do want they want. IT is up to us to be more persuasive about things. They are just making money.

Hameaced

this is true but seems that it is easier to go with the idea of finding other people that know for sure that the supplier is offering 904L SS watches. For me, it is complicated to find a good expert here. I don't even think that I have that much time to go and check the watches...
in this case just need to deal with the fact that there is a high chance that some of your watches are actually made of some other SS than the one mentioned by the supp..
nothing wrong with that.. a lot of people dont do it. it is ok

Cincinnati

I entered the replica industry aware that I might have the chances of being deceived regarding the quality, functionality, and aesthetics of reps watches. thanks god, I didn't have many cases of disappointment, but it wouldn't have been possible without them either...

either way, entering a fske industry, you expect the manufacturers to be transparent and honest with you... but of course they will take advantage of everything they can, it's business after all.... that's why don't be surprised when you discover that the rep is from 316 ss actually, when the store you bought it from says it's 904 ss. or when the watch is resistant up to 5 meters, when in fact the dealer sold it to you as being resistant up to 500 m. if you still insist on information transparency, opt for microbrands that offer the same prices. at the same time, they are much more honest about the materials they use in their watches