do you care for your rep watch differently from the gen watches?

cheetomargheritto

I don't differentiate between them... I care in the same way. it is true that some replica watches are less durable than similar ones. it's because of their material less dense and probably, of less quality... though, I take care of them identically and they serve as much as they have to serve without causing me much trouble... The only difference is the water contact. I try to keep reps far from water to not cause rust and technical damage... that all the difference

diaboliquerye

why should I treat them differently?
as if the replica watches were made of sand... these are as solid as any watch... most of them are made of stainless steel 316 which is a very durable material... why would I treat it any differently? mineral crystal is used in ordinary watches, not only in fake ones. so why would i treat them differently???

fake watches were of mega bad quality decades ago... now, they are ordinary watches like most mass-market watches... please don't talk about them as if they were made of paper

#MiniCooper#

NOT AT ALL!!! I PAY ABOUT 300-400$ FOR A WATCH TO TREAT IT DIFFERENTLY?! I mean, I do care about my reps, but I treat them just like the gen ones. c'moooon, reps have usual watches resembling a lot of the luxury ones. nothing more than that... or what? do u think mass market watches are more durable and resistant to reps? these are almost the same in quality

Eugene

hey, hi everyone...

Im curious of one thing: how do you behave with your rep watches? taking into account that they are a little different from authentic watches, do you have a special attitude towards them?

I have 3 rep watches in my collection. I never behaved in any special way with them. I maintain it and care for them just like I do with any other authentic watch. but I have a buddy, who is also a replica watch hobbyist. His attitude toward the reps is much more special than the usual ones. He protects them from light, keeps them away from other gadgets so that no magnetic field is created that could affect their operation, and wipes them more often than any other watch.
To my question "why?", he tells me that rep watches are more sensitive because manufacturers use other types of materials, coatings, and finishes that do not last as well as authentic watches. respectively, they are more prone to damage and the special care keeps them functioning and looking neat for longer. He believes that if he behaves with replica watches in the same way as with ordinary ones, they would go out of use much faster and become aesthetically worse.

now I sit and ask myself: am I doing something wrong with my replica watches? how do you care for and maintain them? differently or identically to the usual ones? Why?

curious to hear any opinion 🙃🙃🙃🙃
OF COURSE I DO!!

i pay for the replica watch "that looks identical to the authentic one"!!!!! isn't this what rep watch dealers promote? so, why should i accept differences and their selling preposition revolves around "identical copies"?!

so, no, don't accept flaws, at least visible ones!!! ideally, only a professional in the field would have to realize that my certificate is a fake! even I, as an owner, do not have to realize the differences. So any difference is a reason enough to ask the money back as it means that the dealer does not keep his word

StevenOhio

i care more for the watch that i mostly wear, regardless if its my rep or gender model. the most frequently worn watch is always subjected to impacts, dirt, drying of the internal details, etc... so, because of this, this watch requires care, or rather - service more often... on the whole, I don't differentiate between watches my usual and rep

MiracuLuis

it depends on the watch. if it's a durable and solid piece, no special attention is required. u just lean it periodically and try to avoid serious damage. but if you get a sensible piece, of course i'd be more careful

Cinar73967

from my experience, rep watches are somewhat more sensitive, at least the ones I have. idk, but they seem somehow more sensitive to stratches, impacts, etc. so, whether I like it or not, I have to be more careful with them. not that i take care differently, after all, i care about all my watches gen and reps. but i indeed am like more prudent to avoid impacts... maybe its a psycho thing...

SpiceEric

can't complain about my reps. I'm the lucky one who has plenty of great reps that don't differ much from a genuine. well, I know they might be not perfect but at least, these don't perform any worse than just regular non-luxury watches. so no, I don't treat them differently. mine are just regular watches like many others , durable, good looking, good working etc.

Twirejj4279

I don't know what kind of watches you were dealing with, but I was lucky enough to get myself great reps. indeed, they had small aesthetic flaws. but as for durability, quality, resistance, and functionality - I never felt the need to be more careful with them than with the usual ones. all watches need attention and care. chair and so, good reps don't differ from conventional watches