Fluted or smooth bezel Rx Datejust

Myryopod

guys, guys, guys.....

there's no such a thing of "which one is better". you must understand that both are optimal depending on the prerogatives of the one who wears the watch.
those who resonate more with the classic and dressy style will opt for fluted bezels. yes, it is true that it is flashier, but that is its purpose - to talk about aristocracy and status. everything that talks about it is always flashy.

the smooth version is for those who follow a more contemporary style, with an emphasis on comfort and versatility more than aesthetics. it is precisely from these perspectives that the comments in this thread flow.

in my opinion, both are beautiful and serve specific purposes. everyone has to decide what they want in their watch
look at the both pics, each of them has its specific beauty. the fluted one- is gorgeous die to the decorative bezel. though, the second- has the neatness and accuracy of the bezel and its finish as its strong selling point. @Encantadore59935 go with the flow according to what your spirit says to u
OMG!!!! are these reps????? 😍😍😍 absolutely agree that each of them has its charm... if I were to buy one, I would think from the perspective of durability, I think fltuled lasts better over time. but in terms of aesthetics, I can say that both are just as phenomenal

YupyLuk

OMG!!!! are these reps????? 😍😍😍 absolutely agree that each of them has its charm... if I were to buy one, I would think from the perspective of durability, I think fltuled lasts better over time. but in terms of aesthetics, I can say that both are just as phenomenal
no idea))) πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
I attached them for a clearer visual impression)) when we see things, it is much more effective to understand something than when we express them in words)

Minimalist

I will probably be the black sheep here, but I will say that the fluted bezel does not fit the datejust concept... bearing in mind that the dial has a date aperture, the smooth bezel looks much more harmonious, as it balances the overall design.
fluted bezel makes it look too loaded...

to make myself understood, I love fluted bezels, I love them for their complexity and for the fact that they add a temporal charisma to watches. but they look good and fit in whenever the dial of the watch is as clean as possible. nothing but minimalist hour markers and hands. ideally, it should only be minute and hour hand, without the second one. thus, all the aesthetic emphasis falls on the fluted bezel, which fits perfectly into the context. but when there is a date aperture, by the way, quite voluminous thanks to the magnifying lens, the fluted architecture kind of gets lost in the background, and makes the watch look too much...

that's what I'm referring to....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 10.56.41.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 10.56.41.png
    788.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 10.57.07.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 10.57.07.png
    404.5 KB · Views: 0

$BarHat$

guys, guys, guys.....

there's no such a thing of "which one is better". you must understand that both are optimal depending on the prerogatives of the one who wears the watch.
those who resonate more with the classic and dressy style will opt for fluted bezels. yes, it is true that it is flashier, but that is its purpose - to talk about aristocracy and status. everything that talks about it is always flashy.

the smooth version is for those who follow a more contemporary style, with an emphasis on comfort and versatility more than aesthetics. it is precisely from these perspectives that the comments in this thread flow.

in my opinion, both are beautiful and serve specific purposes. everyone has to decide what they want in their watch
look at the both pics, each of them has its specific beauty. the fluted one- is gorgeous die to the decorative bezel. though, the second- has the neatness and accuracy of the bezel and its finish as its strong selling point. @Encantadore59935 go with the flow according to what your spirit says to u
the minimalist in you spoke))))) considering your username, I understand where this is coming from))))

i get your point, though I don't see that the date dramatically confuses the overall aesthetic... especially in the datejust model where the date frame has the same color as the dial) looks pretty nice and smooth by be and not at all overloaded as you say) but , depends on personal opinions and preferences)))

on another note, why not have 2 reps?)))) after all, reps are not as expensive as gens, so having both of them, smooth and fluted, makes sense, doesn;t it?)))πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“

Minimalist

the minimalist in you spoke))))) considering your username, I understand where this is coming from))))

i get your point, though I don't see that the date dramatically confuses the overall aesthetic... especially in the datejust model where the date frame has the same color as the dial) looks pretty nice and smooth by be and not at all overloaded as you say) but , depends on personal opinions and preferences)))

on another note, why not have 2 reps?)))) after all, reps are not as expensive as gens, so having both of them, smooth and fluted, makes sense, doesn;t it?)))πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“
well))) minimalism always says and conveys much more than flamboyancy)) so yes, just fond of minimalist style)

BenStone

a fluted one, l for me pls!!!

rolexes with smooth bezels get lost and the multitude of other watches. and only one with fluted bezel stands out enormously compared to the others. and it is much more elegant, gorgeous and attracts more attention. in addition, a fluted bezel speaks of a more special craftsmanship in the production process. it is something more exquisite and delicate. smooth bezels are somehow ordinary

GeorgeClintonBiden

fluted is a more official option, I resonate better with it... however, I could get bored at some point, if I wear such a rolex too often... I wouldn't mind having both options for varietyπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

CityBreak

both.... over the years I have come to understand that it is not ok to stick to one type of watch... after some time, you get bored and start looking for variations. I would take both. for daily needs, the smooth bezel is practical, looks nice, and its highly versatile. for more special occasions, I would wear the fluted- always elegant, sophisticated, luxurious. if u go on fluted only, most likely you will rarely wear it... a fluted rolex doesn't really fit when you go for a walk or go shopping...