Genuine Versace and Louis Vuitton watches. Are they worth the price?

Watermint

don't know much about the technical aspects of those, should make a deeper research on that. but, aesthetically, the Louis Vuitton is more to my liking. the chromatics is basic black and white, and that's always the right way to go. also the dial is very interesting to me. those smooth lines and contours are really gorgeous. though, I think Vuitton should have worked a bit harder on readability. I can't really spot the hour markers from the bright dial, as the hour markers are also bright. so probably I would have to look twice at the dial to read time.

the Versace option has no issues with readability, it's expressive and looks really expensive and luxurious. but, there's too much of the "Versace" flamboyance in it..... to my modest liking, the Vuitton is closer to me. how much are they? don't know the price, but guessing that it's a fortune, cause it's clean luxury and fashion here!!!

if you don't have any other watches, don't think these are good to start the watch journey. these would be an option when you already have a couple of watches AS WATCHES (Rolex, mega, patek) and not as jewelry-like accessories. otherwise, if you already have some good pieces from watch-making brands focused on watches, and not on fashion and jewelry, these might be reasonable to get...
there is smth about LV. All the time when i look as LV and the go-to see other watches from similar brands feels like there is smth missing. I think that there is smth that this brand knows and do that makes it so special. :LOL: Not in vain there are way more expensive than many other brands out there. This means that they are offering quality and of course their designers are working hard to make it a treat for the eyes.
it is true that you feel different in Lv than in Versace. Versace is good but LV is way better.

bombonio

don't know much about the technical aspects of those, should make a deeper research on that. but, aesthetically, the Louis Vuitton is more to my liking. the chromatics is basic black and white, and that's always the right way to go. also the dial is very interesting to me. those smooth lines and contours are really gorgeous. though, I think Vuitton should have worked a bit harder on readability. I can't really spot the hour markers from the bright dial, as the hour markers are also bright. so probably I would have to look twice at the dial to read time.

the Versace option has no issues with readability, it's expressive and looks really expensive and luxurious. but, there's too much of the "Versace" flamboyance in it..... to my modest liking, the Vuitton is closer to me. how much are they? don't know the price, but guessing that it's a fortune, cause it's clean luxury and fashion here!!!

if you don't have any other watches, don't think these are good to start the watch journey. these would be an option when you already have a couple of watches AS WATCHES (Rolex, mega, patek) and not as jewelry-like accessories. otherwise, if you already have some good pieces from watch-making brands focused on watches, and not on fashion and jewelry, these might be reasonable to get...
well if we compare the LV watches with Versace, then Versace looks expensive nothing at all.
just take a look at some of their watches. Try to go with some comparisons and you're going to see that the final verdict is generally going to be for Lv watches.
You are right about the fine lines and the general aspect of the watches. As you can observe there is a big difference. Seems like Louis Vuitton thought about this. They decided to implement their long life work idea, to make watches that are going to underline the brand premises. The first and the most important idea of LV.
As a lot of people know, LV brand is actually considered one of the best on the market. When you go with highly expensive and deluxe couture houses, all of them have something to offer, but it can't be compared to Louis Vuitton.

\ If you look at a person that is fully dressed in Versace or Dior, you are going to say, yes it is actually amazing, but if you see a person fully dressed in Louis Vuitton , you already know that it is everything and that the other brands cant even compares to LV. The price is higher for sure and the quality is something special too.
the same with watches. you look at watches from similar brands, Versace, and Dolce, i don't know if all the brands offer these kinds of accessories but when you analyze what kind of watches Louis Vuitton offer for the same class and rage of products you see a big difference.

Im not a fan at all, i will better go with reps or clones from brands like Omega or Rolex, but for sure not going to buy an original one of these, even if they are good.

JL$4k029

versace looks more flamboyant, without a doubt. the watch is full of that specific hyper-luxurious spirit, with an expressive bezel and the loud logo at 12 o'clock. this model would be suitable for a bold, dynamic, agitated person, and full of the desire to expose herself.

Louis vuitton is something between luxury and elegance. I see it as suitable for a woman who has luxury in her blood and DNA. and who looks luxurious even when wearing a pair of jeans. So, I think you should choose the watch according to the personality of the person who is gonna wear ir, I don't know if you get the idea, but this is what these watches make me feel. I hope I helped you :D

Hich40

thank you for your answer, i already decided that im going to go with watches from LV. The model that I have chosen seems to be looking good and i know that it is something that she actually loves and wants. In this case, at least I know that I'm not going to disappoint her ;)

Eddie

How old is your sister? it seems to me that the vuitton is for more mature ladies.... it looks more solid and sophisticated than the versace🧐🧐🧐

bombonio

How old is your sister? it seems to me that the vuitton is for more mature ladies.... it looks more solid and sophisticated than the versace🧐🧐🧐
i don't think that you are right. mature ladies, what does it mean? like over the 30s?
i actually depends on the models that you choose. there are models from Versace that looks for mature ladies and models that are suitable for young women too.
It is all about perceptions. It is her decision, even if she wants to go with a model that is more for ladies over 30s, still her choice. the important part is to like it.

Watermint

i don't think that you are right. mature ladies, what does it mean? like over the 30s?
i actually depends on the models that you choose. there are models from Versace that looks for mature ladies and models that are suitable for young women too.
It is all about perceptions. It is her decision, even if she wants to go with a model that is more for ladies over 30s, still her choice. the important part is to like it.
AGREE, some watches that are destined to go for younger and older (doesn't actually matter) can have some exceptions. You need always to go with something that you like and love. You should experience your style and what you like and want and just go with it.
There is not age for watches, there can be if you don't choose the one that is good for you, but if you go with the one that fits it is going to be okay.

MCGregor

if you can handle getting both of them, you will solve all problems)

if I had to choose one of them, Louis Vuitton is the one I would choose. it seems more versatile and with a more delicate and lovely design. with green Versace, expect your girlfriend to complain that she doesn't have the right green shoes for it, the right green bag, and the right gloves, and in general, the right clothes for it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

and guess who will buy them? πŸ§πŸ§πŸ§πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

bombonio

if you can handle getting both of them, you will solve all problems)

if I had to choose one of them, Louis Vuitton is the one I would choose. it seems more versatile and with a more delicate and lovely design. with green Versace, expect your girlfriend to complain that she doesn't have the right green shoes for it, the right green bag, and the right gloves, and in general, the right clothes for it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

and guess who will buy them? πŸ§πŸ§πŸ§πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
both of them, are pretty expensive id say, and well, it is a gift, it is supposed to be one.
i have never heard someone get two watches as a gift, sounds so so weird. :D
i can' even imagine this, like/... here is your present, a watch... oooooommggg so cool... wait, here is another present another watch :D

:D:D:D

DomPerignon

I, on the other hand, see the Versace watch as much more expressive than the Vuiton. The latter one is very standard, black and white, nothing out of the ordinary. Stylistically, it is completely within the Vuitton specifics, that is, it is executed cleanly, refined, but that's all. In Versace I see expression, personality, strong sound. The green is very attractive and stunning, even. And the design, I want to say that it is quite reserved for a brand like Versace, which is typically, loud and flamboyant. I don't see anything exaggerated in the Versace aesthetic. Really minimalist I would say, and with high horology details: transient pattern on the dial, refined and very well proportioned hour markers, the structure of the bezel combines perfectly with the element on the strap. everything is very well thought out, and the watch conveys a refined, balanced and expensive luxury. The vuiton watch does not speak to me at the same level 🫣🫣🫣

MinervuS

oops, I also had trouble with women's watches for Valentine's Day. I would have liked my girlfriend to prefer one of these 2 models. but she preferred a Gucci GRIP πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

I'm not very good at women's watches, let's start there. but I will expose myself regarding these 2 models, so that you can understand what a man sees through these watches on a woman's wrist 😎😎😎😎
louis vuitton seems more serious, more mature, full of mystery, with a more reserved spirit. Verssace conveys to me a more playful spirit, but at the same time restrained, much more flirtatious than vuitton, but not flamboyant. so it is very well balanced between flirting and its limit. it already depends on the spirit of the woman who wears it or what she wants to convey.

as for watches, by no means can I consider Vuitton and Versace great masters in horology. I feel like I am insulting brands like Vacheron and Piguet, if I say that Versace and Vuitton are great horological masters...... But either way, they try to do what they can. internally, these watches are nothing more than ordinary mechanisms to show the time. these 2 watches should be bought exclusively on the basis of aesthetic preferences, not technical ones at all πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Suchispost

oops, I also had trouble with women's watches for Valentine's Day. I would have liked my girlfriend to prefer one of these 2 models. but she preferred a Gucci GRIP πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

I'm not very good at women's watches, let's start there. but I will expose myself regarding these 2 models, so that you can understand what a man sees through these watches on a woman's wrist 😎😎😎😎
louis vuitton seems more serious, more mature, full of mystery, with a more reserved spirit. Verssace conveys to me a more playful spirit, but at the same time restrained, much more flirtatious than vuitton, but not flamboyant. so it is very well balanced between flirting and its limit. it already depends on the spirit of the woman who wears it or what she wants to convey.

as for watches, by no means can I consider Vuitton and Versace great masters in horology. I feel like I am insulting brands like Vacheron and Piguet, if I say that Versace and Vuitton are great horological masters...... But either way, they try to do what they can. internally, these watches are nothing more than ordinary mechanisms to show the time. these 2 watches should be bought exclusively on the basis of aesthetic preferences, not technical ones at all πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
i can feel ya mate !! the world insult is the most amazing one used here.:ROFLMAO:
fortunately, i dont have any problems with this regarding my gf. we have the same taste and she always agrees that watches from Lv or Gucci are not actually watches. When you are a watch lover this is something really special and you know that you can't even compare them with brands like rolex or Patek. This is a normal thing and everyone that is obsessed with watches will understand.
I just imagine my friend John that is always about brands like Rolex, Piguet, and so on... world classics. He knows all the history and all the little details, he is really a pro at it. I can imagine his face if you ask him about LV watch or Gucci watch :sick::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: the only thing that you can get for sure is the usual phrase: " Don't talk to me like this" I always laugh at this.

-Hey John, what do you think about LV watches?
- Don't talk to me like this:cautious:
this is the only thing that you are going to get
Anyway, i can't do anything about this ... if she like it you can't change it, maybe just over time... reality...
:ROFLMAO:

$BarHat$

I like versace. I like the transition it made in this watch. I know Versace as always typical, flamboyant, even vulgar at times, crossing the Haute Couture limit towards total decadence... in this watch, I see it as conservative and very attentive to details. I don't know much about the capacity of the inner mechanism and resistance, but if you are more interested in the aspect, I am for the Versace watch. Vuiton is not bad, but it is... ordinary vuiton, nothing out of the ordinary for it

Matias

I don't really understand the thread. the question is which do we like more or if it is worth the price? but what is their price in general? 😁😁😁😁

from what I can find on the net, the vuitton is around 3,600usd. and 3,900 for `versace πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ‘€πŸ‘€..... did I find the information correctly? I don't know if I found the information correctly and made a right conversion, but if this is the real price of the watches, then it's not worth it at all. stylistically, they are attractive, they look good. but horologically, it does not compare with AP watches for example. maybe around 1k USD, it might be an ok price, just because are a brand watch. but 4K for a quartz mechanism and 5 ATM water resistance, c'mon... r u crazy?

HorsePower

I asked my wife to tell me brsinstormingly which watch she likes best. she said the Louis vuitton one. I asked her if she would pay 4k on it, she said no... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
the answer to your question is clear, I hope 😁😁😁😁

StevenOhio

these brands are first of all, statement and fashion brands, and only after that- watchmakers. I mean, they might know a thing or two about watches but their main priority is the design and fashion and not genuine horology in its essence like Patek Philippe or Vacheron Constantin. so, imho, I'd look at them just to please my mother or my gf, but not for their horological capacities. these look fine, refines, aristocratic and cost a fortune. but I think their value is their brand behind and not their technical capabilities and precision. the Louis Vuitton is more to my liking from these two; but only from aesthetic reasons. to decide who's a better watchmaker, I'd need more technical details