Good presents for Mothers.

Qualown

Good afternoon dear watch lovers.
Admitting the basic information that you need to know about me, is that I actually love watches and it doesn't matter if they are genuine, replicas or clones. The most meaningful thing for me is to have a good one. So, this is the way I always choose good replicas or clones in case I'm going with such things. I love genuine watches and for sure can confirm that I can't afford all of them. There is a typical level that I arrived at this moment (genuine for a max of 15k). There is a rule too, I have to really love that specific model in order to buy it. I mean really really love. It has to be special and mean something to me. Otherwise, there is no problem for me to go with replicas or clones.

This year for International women's day, I decided to get my mom a good genuine watch that is not going to cost more than 10k. Yes, this is a lot of money, and I need to choose correctly. This is actually a double present. My mom's birthday is on March 5. So, I decided to play a prank on her. I decided to make her believe on the 5th that I forgot about her present and that I forgot that it is her birthday. Of course, she doesn't care about the presents, she never was, but still, it is going to be interesting and she wouldn't expect that on the 8th I'm going to bring her this present.
The choice of the watch as a present was not because I love watches and thought that it is going to be a good present for my mom too. No, she loves watches too, but she doesn't have a genuine one. She was always going for good replicas. She has a good friend who always helps her to buy a good replica. Not because I don't want to help her, is because I live in another town, and for her and her friend it is much easier to do it by themselves.
This became a hobby for them.
I help her every time with money for her replicas. I know that she can't afford to buy a genuine watch. She never wanted me to offer her money for genuine. You know how moms are? :rolleyes: Never wanted help.

She has different styles of watches, different shapes, colors, and sizes. So to make you understand better, she is the type of person that is easy to play with. She is not complicated and she sees beauty in all kinds of watches. The only thing that I know, is that she is rarely going for dark watches, like totally black or with a lot of black details. She thinks that such watches are more made for men. Even so, it is still easy to go for it.

I wanted to hear your opinion of the watches that she could possibly like. The Max price is 15k. If you ever bought a watch for your mother and you know that she liked it, please help me with some examples.
Oh, I know that age can change lots of things. She is 53. Thank you for your help and I'm really glad to be here.
Sorry for a long post 😬

Evering

Hi and welcome!
What a beautiful thing you decided to do for your mother. Congrats she has the best child ever. ;)
I wanted to ask you if you want the opinion of those that know about reps models but don't know how they look and feel genuine. I don't think that this can be a problem because I feel like if I liked it as a replica it must be a total amazing thing as genuine. BUt maybe you want advise just from people that purchased the model as genuine. In this case, I can't help you. :D

Qualown

Hi and welcome!
What a beautiful thing you decided to do for your mother. Congrats she has the best child ever. ;)
I wanted to ask you if you want the opinion of those that know about reps models but don't know how they look and feel genuine. I don't think that this can be a problem because I feel like if I liked it as a replica it must be a total amazing thing as genuine. BUt maybe you want advise just from people that purchased the model as genuine. In this case, I can't help you. :D
No no, it is okay.
I would like to know all the opinions, maybe more specific from those that already offered watches for their mothers and was a good choice.
All the opinions count. I really like to hear it. You never know if your choice can be a good one. ;)

Racrought

Oh this is so sweet of you to do this. really a kind and amazing present. Especially since you know that she loves watches and goes for them. The prank is a good idea too. :D When they dont expect anything is the best thing ever.
You said about 15k and the first one that came into my mind was a Rolex.
For sure as a first genuine watch, Rolex is always a good idea. I think you know it. The question is which model? Which one is the one?
For that kind of money, you can totally go for a Rolex that has diamonds on it and primary basic material gold, maybe white gold. Looks super classy and clean. The diamonds are not invasive but at the same time, it is like you underline the fact how much you care and think that she deserves the best.
You can go for this one if you like it. At least it can be your last choice in case it becomes too complicated and you get lost in a lot of models.
The is this one that im not sure if it is available in white gold, but rose gold is super sweet for women. Quite all women and no matter the age love this model.
Rolex 36 MM Datejust Diamond Watch 18K Rose Gold Stainless Steel Ref 116231
1674820956333.png
If I'm right, it it is a little less than 15k. For sure good for the money that you decided to spend on.

Qualown

Oh this is so sweet of you to do this. really a kind and amazing present. Especially since you know that she loves watches and goes for them. The prank is a good idea too. :D When they dont expect anything is the best thing ever.
You said about 15k and the first one that came into my mind was a Rolex.
For sure as a first genuine watch, Rolex is always a good idea. I think you know it. The question is which model? Which one is the one?
For that kind of money, you can totally go for a Rolex that has diamonds on it and primary basic material gold, maybe white gold. Looks super classy and clean. The diamonds are not invasive but at the same time, it is like you underline the fact how much you care and think that she deserves the best.
You can go for this one if you like it. At least it can be your last choice in case it becomes too complicated and you get lost in a lot of models.
The is this one that im not sure if it is available in white gold, but rose gold is super sweet for women. Quite all women and no matter the age love this model.
Rolex 36 MM Datejust Diamond Watch 18K Rose Gold Stainless Steel Ref 116231
View attachment 244
If I'm right, it it is a little less than 15k. For sure good for the money that you decided to spend on.
I love Rolex and she loves it too, I know for sure because I have seen her having some models.
You are right, I thought maybe Rolex can be one of the last choices, in case I can't decide about other models. I don't say that it is bad. It is super cool but you know, maybe I can find something more special. Rolex is that kind of model that seems like, you know... like something usual that you can expect someone to by. I thought to see maybe some different ideas, maybe something more personal. A watch that can reflect the idea that I was really searching and thinking about different models and which one to choose. If you know what I mean.
Thank you anyway, if you have other ideas, please keep me posted.

Acien191

Not so long ago i was talking with my mom about what kind of watches she loves.
She is quite the same age as your mother and i just remembered the information that i got from her. The most important thing is that i was totally surprised by her choices. She has a friend who is generally rich and my mother was always interested in the clothes and jewelry she wore. You know how women are..
Anyway, we talked and my mother said she was impressed by the Chopard watch that her friend was wearing. She was so enthusiastic about this. Her explanations got me so intrigued that i decided to go and search for what it was.
Turns out that the watch that my mother was talking about was the Chopard model called Alpine Eagle with diamonds and steel. The size of the watch i actually small, but looks pretty sweet and beautiful. I'm generally not that into such small-size watches, not that they are not beautiful but I think that i love a little bit bigger sizes. I remembered this information because I thought that can be a good idea if one day i could get my mother this model. Not right now.. these are kind of a lot of money. As far as I know, the original watch costs about $14k.
I can't say that it is not worth the money but it is a lot for me.

I was thinking about maybe going for a replica version or maybe for a good clone for her but after this, I remembered that her friend has the same model, and I don't want my mother to feel uncomfortable with her watch knowing that it is not the original one. So, i still believe that maybe one day I'll be able to get her such a present.
Your mother is really lucky, and I'm very happy .. honestly, a little bit envious of you being able to offer her such a good present. :D but im genuinely happy, because this thing makes me understand that i have a chance in the future to do the same thing.
If you are interested in this model you can steal it from me, I don't mind :D as long as your mother is happy.
Moms deserve it!
1675093929797.png

bombonio

A good thing to talk about, I almost forgot about Int. Womens day.
The important thing to mention is that on this day you can go with watch presents for moms, girlfriends, sisters and so on. So I propose to share different watch models here for women. It can help people like me :D of course if @Qualown doesn't mind too.

The second thing i wanted to say is to @Acien191 . I can totally feel what you say and I think that in this case, you are right. If your mom has a friend that has the original this is going to look really awkward to do such a thing. I think that she is going to be happy to and is going to appreciate the gesture but I'm pretty sure that when she is going to be with "that" friend she isn't going to wear the watch.

Evering

No no, it is okay.
I would like to know all the opinions, maybe more specific from those that already offered watches for their mothers and was a good choice.
All the opinions count. I really like to hear it. You never know if your choice can be a good one. ;)
Good to know about it. Gonna share something. i have to think about which one to choose for this post. Too many options in my head. Feels like all the comments here are going to be from me :ROFLMAO:
@Acien191 about your situation. you may be right about this idea of not buying a clone or replica watch for your mom, but in the end, you can't ever know. the thing is that maybe you need to talk about this with her first. like finding out what she thinks about replicas and clones.
there are a lot of people who don't care that the watch is fake as long as it is the model that they love and wanted. a lot of people want the model and doesnt care about the genuine aspect. some things that are bothering us may be different for other people. maybe you should talk about this?
if it turns out that your mother is not against replicas and clones, this can open a window for you, for future presents. ;)

Gloo

I love Rolex for sure, but I feel like the author is right. There is a lot to think about before choosing the right watch. Just the thing that actually, you are going to buy a watch for 15k, makes the brain explode. There are so many different variations and models that you can lose yourself among all of them. Rolex is always a good idea, but really i think that when you go with a present is like everybody goes for Rolex as the first genuine watch to have. I don't mean that this is a bad idea, but for sure let's not forget about many other models that are amazing too.
i like the Chopard idea actually. Chopard is a brand that is considered extremely loved by women in the first place. I can confirm it! πŸ™Œ

Chopard is elegant, has good watches, and at the same time is considered a fashion class. So this is why a lot of wealthy women that are into fashion and styles choose this brand.
Personally, I like this model here.
1675097796691.png
I it s a little bit more expensive than $15k if you can add some more it is your own decision but I really like this one. Not sure, maybe you can find it at a cheaper price. Didn't examine the market.
Anyway the model that @Acien191 shared is good, it is beautiful. But I think that this one is a little bit more feminine.
It is the 278608-3004 Happy Sport stainless steel with diamonds and a self-winding mechanism.
Looks so feminine and beautiful. I always thought that diamonds on the bezel are such a good idea. Makes the watch so attractive and shiny. Of course the diamonds on the dial and beautiful too, but the bezel kills me.

Mandre

Hi, my mom loves this model.

1675098682231.png
She is 56 and she always says that this model reminds her of her young days:D
i think that these models are good for women of their age. They look cool and at the same time have something from the past.
Bulgari Serpenti is good and i think that you can find a model for $15. It only depends on the length of the watch on the wrist. There are longer and shorter and there are models with diamonds and without.
I know what your mother said about the black colors, don't worry there are other colors too. There is actually a wide variation of these Serpenti models so you can take a look. I'm pretty sure that you can find both the price and colors that you like.

Qualown

@bombonio i'm not against at all. If this can help other people like me why not. At this can be a good idea and helpful for me too. All the ideas and thoughts are good.

@Acien191 thank you very much for the model. I really didn't remember about Chopard, maybe because i never had one so this is one of the brands that you simply forget about. Weird thing is that I actually loved more the model that @Gloo shared. It is so bad that it is a little bit more expensive. Honestly for now I can't go over 15k. I'll try to go and find if there are some sales and you said. you never know.

Almost forgot @Acien191 the thing with your mom and the watch she wanted, better to talk with her about this. it is a good idea to find out what she thinks about fake watches.
@Mandre thank you for the models, is good too but im not sure about it. my mother is more about classic shapes.

Acien191

Thank you all for the mentions here, I actually didn't expect to open an inside thread on another topic :D. I thought that I'm just gonna say the situation that I got and that's all, but it seems that you are too kind to let this thing just go.
You opened here with a good interesting question. To ask my mother about reps and gens. I didn't think about it, could be a good idea. I'm pretty sure that @bombonio is right. Even if my mother is going to open about replicas, even if she is going to appreciate the fact that i got her a present like this, she is not going to feel good when going around a friend which has a genuine model.

I think that this is a normal psychological thing that everybody is going to feel and experience in this case. Honestly, i don't want to be that one person to make her feel this way. I'm going to feel really bad about myself. I can't do this to my mother. It is better for me to take in what kind of watch my mother wants and just for it in the feature. It is going to take some time, but at least my mother is going to have what she deserves.

!!!!! Yet to mention, it is not that I think that replica is bad, it is just that in this situation I think that this is not a good option.

Anyway, @Qualown I'm sorry that your post turned in another mini-thread inside. I didn't expect this. Really hope that the subject is closed and that We can talk about what @Qualown needs. Thank you❀️

Gloo

@bombonio i'm not against at all. If this can help other people like me why not. At this can be a good idea and helpful for me too. All the ideas and thoughts are good.

@Acien191 thank you very much for the model. I really didn't remember about Chopard, maybe because i never had one so this is one of the brands that you simply forget about. Weird thing is that I actually loved more the model that @Gloo shared. It is so bad that it is a little bit more expensive. Honestly for now I can't go over 15k. I'll try to go and find if there are some sales and you said. you never know.

Almost forgot @Acien191 the thing with your mom and the watch she wanted, better to talk with her about this. it is a good idea to find out what she thinks about fake watches.
@Mandre thank you for the models, is good too but im not sure about it. my mother is more about classic shapes.
im not sure of course, but take a look, maybe this is not the final price. sometimes you can find some sales. i have seen a lot of sites that have different prices for the same model. try to look it up.

Racrought

I love Rolex and she loves it too, I know for sure because I have seen her having some models.
You are right, I thought maybe Rolex can be one of the last choices, in case I can't decide about other models. I don't say that it is bad. It is super cool but you know, maybe I can find something more special. Rolex is that kind of model that seems like, you know... like something usual that you can expect someone to by. I thought to see maybe some different ideas, maybe something more personal. A watch that can reflect the idea that I was really searching and thinking about different models and which one to choose. If you know what I mean.
Thank you anyway, if you have other ideas, please keep me posted.
that's what i actually thought 😁

VioletteLonGoRIA

If you haven't decided yet, I'll put in my 3 pennies too 😁😁. I think it's worth considering the Patek Philippe Twenty-4 Ladies models as well. There are 3 models in the collection, one based on quartz and 3 automatics. You can see which one would suit the mother more. the round ones have something in common with the Chopard that was mentioned to you previously. The 3rd one has a rectangular case, super mega clean dial, and super mega tasty in its brown-chocolate color. and the little pebbles on the left and right..... aaaaffff, I melt after these models. mom deserves the best, and a Patek would be at her height, I think 😍😍😍😍😍

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 14.42.30-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 14.42.30-min.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 2

Acien191

If you haven't decided yet, I'll put in my 3 pennies too 😁😁. I think it's worth considering the Patek Philippe Twenty-4 Ladies models as well. There are 3 models in the collection, one based on quartz and 3 automatics. You can see which one would suit the mother more. the round ones have something in common with the Chopard that was mentioned to you previously. The 3rd one has a rectangular case, super mega clean dial, and super mega tasty in its brown-chocolate color. and the little pebbles on the left and right..... aaaaffff, I melt after these models. mom deserves the best, and a Patek would be at her height, I think 😍😍😍😍😍
I'm not sure that the middle one and the last one are good ideas. Seems like for the money that he is ready to give, he should go for something a little bit more different. Something amazing and unusual. At least thing is my idea. Although I really love the idea to go with Patek. That one brand that when you mention it everyone goes like ohhhhh Patek yeah, expensive. :D
Anyway, the first one from Patek is something really specific. The size the case shape and the fact that it is Patek, yess yummy actually. A good present for a woman for sure, especially for moms.

bombonio

im not sure of course, but take a look, maybe this is not the final price. sometimes you can find some sales. i have seen a lot of sites that have different prices for the same model. try to look it up.
for sure there is a possibility to find it at a different price. The only thing to do is to search. I remember some models that I have been searching for during some holidays turned out to be offered with some sales on. When it comes to genuine it always works.
I think that for some models that you think are a little bit more expensive, you should wait for some holidays. Soon it is going to be Valentine's Day, you can totally go searching for the model that you want. During Vday you can find some sales for some amazing models out there.

Evering

for sure there is a possibility to find it at a different price. The only thing to do is to search. I remember some models that I have been searching for during some holidays turned out to be offered with some sales on. When it comes to genuine it always works.
I think that for some models that you think are a little bit more expensive, you should wait for some holidays. Soon it is going to be Valentine's Day, you can totally go searching for the model that you want. During Vday you can find some sales for some amazing models out there.
For real????? I feel so stupid now, I always thought that a genuine model is presented on some sites on a sale sure it is not genuine...
don't judge me it is not like i have such a big experience with watches to know for sure:eek:
seems like it is a good thing for newbies to just go and read all the things that others post on the forum, just for no reason. not the first time that this happens to me :LOL:

Gloo

i like the round ones, they have something similar to the Chopard model that I shared here except for the numerals on the dial.
The Chopard model is offering a more classy mood I think. That model seems to be a good one for going on special events, this one even if it gets the diamonds on the bezel can easily go for daily things too. @Qualown what you would like to get for your mom? a more party and special events model or better go with one that is more of a daily use?

Qualown

good idea, I love this one but the Chopard version seems to be a bit more beautiful and classy. Do you know something similar? Maybe you can share it here. Thanks.
@Gloo the idea of a watch that maybe is not a simple one and of course a watch that you can look at and understand how amazing it actually is.
This is the way to go. I think it is better to go with a model that seems to be made for special occasions. In the end, it will be her own decision how many times and where to wear it.
You know she is always away with her girlfriends. So i think she would like to have a watch that will be a good party started for her. A watch that she can be proud of and feel like something special.
For daily use, she can always go with her reps.