Lefty Reps: how do they feel?

petrucho^^

WhatsUp guys,
I was wondering about some reps with the left-sided crown to be worn on the right wrist. it seems curious to me and I'd try one, I think it must be fun. My only reservation is how these replicas behave over time. For a gen lefty, I know that the whole mechanism is turned to 180 degrees to allow the crown to be positioned on the left side, along with the date function, if it's about a date watch. So, with gens, I trust the big brands and I'm sure they do it all great with such a twist in movement. As for the reps, I'm not so sure that replica manufacturers are truly able to imitate such an intricate movement construction.
I looked at several models. from the pictures, they look ok. and the sellers write they function as well as they look, without differences from a standard movement. Still, I'd like to know more from you, if you had one or heard about one.
Also, any sharing about the experience per se will be more than welcome.
Personally, I stopped at the Omega Seamaster Ploprof replica watch. But again, to sure if the lugs covering the crown don't make it feel uncomfortable, especially on the right wrist, considering that I expect it to be unfamiliar for my overall feelings.
thanks a million, guys

###IcySpicY###

I wouldn't make such sharp changes all in one. you want a lefty rep without having tested it before. and you want a Seamaster Ploprof lefty, which indeed has pretty bold case. So, I think it would be too much for your first experience. You might get a big disappointment, as you will experience a discomfort and you will not know what it is related with.
So, I'd suggest to take it easier for the first experience and go with a Tudor Pelagos LHD replica. The case is much milder than the Ploprof LHD and it's unlikely you to cause any discomfort. also, the date aperture remains on the right side of the dial, unlike the LHD GMT Explorer for example. So, until you get used to the left-sided crown, the date window re-position won't disturb you at all, as Tudor didn't change it at all. I think in terms of a LHD, Tudor has made a great Pelagos for starters. the watch allows you to gradually get used to such types of watches.
As for the experience, I haven't have a lefty yet, but I think it must be amusing๐Ÿ˜‰

CapOOchino

absolutely on the same page as @###IcySpicY### about the Seamaster Ploprof lefty. Too many downsides for the first time. intricate lugs and crown, lack of previous experience with a lefty, and on top of that, you're not sure about the mechanism. You have to get your first lefty in such a model that you could always switch to the left hand, in case you don't stick to it in terms of feelings. Imana give you the same example as above: the Tudor pelagos. if it's not comfortable on you, or you simply get tired of wearing it on the right, it's not a problem to put it on the left. The crow would not bother you as much. Now imagine the Ploprof on your left wrist. it will kill your wrist completely...
About the movement, you are right when thinking that it is challenging for the rep manufacturers to build and integrate such an unusual movement. So, Iโ€™d suggest you pick either AAA or AAAAA grade reps. These are the only ones Iโ€™d trust with such movements. Donโ€™t expect a Chinese rep for 150$ to provide you with reliable movement especially turned to 180 degrees. Itโ€™s improbable for a cheap fake to work well on a reversed fake mechanismโ€ฆ

As for the feeling, Iโ€™d also try one. You made me think actually, of a new lefty for my next repโ€ฆ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

salmeari

they feel great, believe me ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ and you won't regret itif you take one!!!!
also, not sure about the omega as the first model to wear, but I owned a Tag Heuer LHD. I had fun indeed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ the only shortcoming I had with it is that it was a bit strange for me to wind it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm a right-handed person and I do everything with my right hand. When I got to wind it the first times, I was clumsy like an idiot ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I decided to stop this drama and just started to turn the watch upside down ad wind it with my dominant hand. so, all the issues solved ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

also, during the first period you use it, you automatically tend to put in on the left wrist. I even wore the Heuer on the left hand just because I forgot it was for the right one. And I felt no critical discomfort, until I looked at the time and realized I was wearing it wrong. Not sure if dealers sell such a Heuer rep currently. the LHD versions had stopped for a period because of movement shortage. I dont know the current situation, so you should inform yourself about the availability
but, on the whole, the experience is worth it๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ๐Ÿ˜‰

fishwoddy12

they feel great, believe me ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ and you won't regret itif you take one!!!!
also, not sure about the omega as the first model to wear, but I owned a Tag Heuer LHD. I had fun indeed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ the only shortcoming I had with it is that it was a bit strange for me to wind it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm a right-handed person and I do everything with my right hand. When I got to wind it the first times, I was clumsy like an idiot ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I decided to stop this drama and just started to turn the watch upside down ad wind it with my dominant hand. so, all the issues solved ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

also, during the first period you use it, you automatically tend to put in on the left wrist. I even wore the Heuer on the left hand just because I forgot it was for the right one. And I felt no critical discomfort, until I looked at the time and realized I was wearing it wrong. Not sure if dealers sell such a Heuer rep currently. the LHD versions had stopped for a period because of movement shortage. I dont know the current situation, so you should inform yourself about the availability
but, on the whole, the experience is worth it๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ๐Ÿ˜‰
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚upside down๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

unAwsome

some time ago I wanted to have a GMT Explorer LHD, but when I saw the prices for it, the desire vanished right away
do't agree here. usual GMT Explorer reps come in the same price as the LHD versions. you must have probably looked at swiss clones. they all are expensive

TropiKanCHO

I'm one of the lucky guys to own a leftie ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡
It's a Rolex GMT Explorer II rep with a left-sided crown. I can't describe the fun I have with this watch. the truth s that it's a swiss clone rep and I spent some pretty much on it, but it's worth the money absolutely. I dont think a cheap imitation can have such a good mechanism, so don't recommend them. only premium quality. mine runs on a 3285 cloned movement.

I dont use this watch daily, as I put in on different reps rinse I have lots of them. when I do, I usually can change the wrist throughout the day. its like kinda game for me. the crown doesn't bother me at all on the left wrist. but, what I've spotted is that the date window is not visible enough on the left wrist, because it is placed on the left side of the dial. so, it's a lit too "far" from my field of vision when I look at the watch face.
When it's on the right wrist, everything is perfectly readable.
so, here all depends on how dependent you are on the date feature. if you need it constantly, perhaps a Pelagos would be more reasonable. if you dont give a sh*t on it, like I do, the Explorer leftie is all a beauty. on the top of all, the two-toned black and green bezel is just amazing ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž eve in silence ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

YellowSnowman

@TropiKanCHO great move with your Explorer LHD rep ))
on the whole, I think Rolex is making a great job with its LHD watches. it deserve all the respect for how the brand respects the left -handed segment of customers.
I recently visited an AD and saw great new models with spectacular improvements in power reserve. So, Rolex is upgrading on all of its fronts actually, especially the technical one. As for your GMT leftie, I had a universal mate wearing a similar one. I could never understand why he was wearing it on both hands. He told it was because it felt similarly comfortable o both wrists.

All the respect for Rolex, and its replicas respectively!!

platoonshrek

If picking between an Omega and a Rolex leftie, Iโ€™d definitely choose the Rolex. I like how the brand thinks of left-handed people. I donโ€™t see the same approach in Omega and the above-mentioned Ploprof is a confirmation. Itโ€™s nonsense to build such a bold crown rounded by a bolder lug.

As for the Explorer, from what I see in internet pics, the only thing that frustrates me is the ugly cyclops on the date window. For the rest, smooth ad accurate. The Pelagos is also a smooth model for me. Tudor must have thought of ambidextrous customers when it created the model leaving the date window untouched)))

hATeAndLovewaTCheS

Why are you so reticent about the replica movement?

Actually, manufacturers donโ€™t reverse anything in them. They just make a rotation to 180 degrees which doesnโ€™t affect much the whole construction. Also, some upgraded versions like the swiss ones might also have an additional date when for the date function with an upside-down font in comparison to the standard version of the movement. So, itโ€™s not as complicated as it might seem actually. It all depends on the clumsiness or the professionalism of the manufacturers. Itโ€™s not like the left-handed construction requires the invention of a completely ew mechanism, itโ€™s just an adjustment to the existent one

Youncesomed

No no no noooo, not for all in the world. They are uncomfortable. Not so long ago i made a post about this. I was wondering what is the difference there in the new Rolex GMT II from this year. Seemed to be really amazing and looked good. My initial though was to find out what is the difference. I couldn't spot something and this got me really mad actually. Then i found out that besides the crown placement which there decided to change on the left side and the duo colored bezel there is nothing interesting about it. This left me speechless.
Left-sided feels really weird, especially if you have been using regularly placed crown watches. You are always going to feel it if you move your wrist. During work, I have to take the watch off because it was too big and while I was moving my hand i felt it every time. ANother thing is that i got some red skin there. The size of the watch was right and I adjusted my bracelet to make it a little bit larger than it was before hoping that this can work. :censored:

this was a totally stupid idea. The watch was moving all around the wrist and made it even worse than before.. I really don't recommend it at all, but it is up to you..

Nobbing

Funny how you guys discredit the Tudor for not moving the date to the left. I think their work was harder to adapt the movement to apply the crown on the left while keeping the system the same for the date window. Rolex, in this case, was kinda lazierโ€ฆit simply rotated the whole movement to 180 degreesโ€ฆ. It left the hard work to the younger sibling ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚just like in the real life๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ondOntra

I Donโ€™t like the destro Rolex, guys, forgive me. and I have absolutely nothing against lefty watches, to make myself clear. On the contrary, I appreciate the effort of the brands that take into consideration left-handed people. Itโ€™s a personal relationship with Rolex more, rather than the model itself. I just donโ€™t understand how a brand like Rolex couldnโ€™t invent something more creative than just THE SAME GMT with just a twist of crown and date. Really? Itโ€™s identical, absolutely identical in bezel, color, dimension, technical specs, everythingโ€ฆ couldnโ€™t a brand like Rolex invent something new and different from the left-handed audience? Is that all it could do for that segment? So disappointedโ€ฆ
Even Tudor made better work than Rolexโ€ฆagain, typical for Rolex too much hype for a lazy concept๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’

Twirejj4279

oh goooooood, Rolex again, lie there aren't any other watchmaking companies....
1. on the whole, destro watches feel great, but dont forget t's an individual feeling. some might like, some might not, especially if you usually wear the watch on the left wrist. so you should better test lefty before you buy one.

2. Seamaster Ploprof: to the best option for the first experience. Reasons: previous users have written it all correctly;

3.Why not consider a Sinn EZM3 and Sinn EZM3F that are great destro models? Wear it on both wrists as you please as the left crow doesnโ€™t interfere with the wrist, regardless of the hand you wear it on. Thatโ€™s a special design which I like very much. The Omega youโ€™re considering will destroy your hand, wrist, arm- everything, if you switch it to the left wrist.
From both SINNs, Iโ€™d go for the EZM3, as it seems more reliable and accurate, and better-built. According to reviews, it records +-0.75sec per day, a pretty good index for a mechanical watch

chip&dale

What about an IWC right-hander Big pilot? Pretty sure that the onion crown is similarly comfortable on the left as itโ€™s on the right side. Itโ€™s an oversized crown, I admit, but itโ€™s like the icing on the cake for me. The design is precious, but Iโ€™m not sure youโ€™re o with the 46.2 mm case. At least for me, itโ€™s too big. Maybe you love such dimensions. I wish IWC made it in a more compact size, Iโ€™d buy the rep with no restraints.

I only hope that rep manufacturers donโ€™t screw it up by positioning the crown wrongly in the imitation. But for the model, its gorgeous

And you donโ€™t have to worry much about how it feels. if you think youโ€™re going to feel ok with a lefty, go ahead. People will anyway comment about the comfort from their own perspectives, as itโ€™s a personal thing

dailydose

guys, if you are lefties by nature, than a right-handed watch would do if you have the right hand as the dominant one, don't eve think of a leftie. think that if your brain makes your hand to be the dominant one, that's because your left side of the brain is the dominant one. and everything you do against the system, will cause you discomfort. the same discomfort as when you ry to write with your left hand, or get the left shoe of the right foot.
those who are lefties by nature- its ok to get a watch for the right wrist. I can get that. but those who are not, and just try to get a leftie "for fun", it's a stupid idea. it will take a month to get used, and still you won't get used completely

ArnoldTHEgreat

guys, if you are lefties by nature, than a right-handed watch would do if you have the right hand as the dominant one, don't eve think of a leftie. think that if your brain makes your hand to be the dominant one, that's because your left side of the brain is the dominant one. and everything you do against the system, will cause you discomfort. the same discomfort as when you ry to write with your left hand, or get the left shoe of the right foot.
those who are lefties by nature- its ok to get a watch for the right wrist. I can get that. but those who are not, and just try to get a leftie "for fun", it's a stupid idea. it will take a month to get used, and still you won't get used completely
I think you're blowing this out of proportion.... let the person try what he wants to, especially when other users corm that it's no big deal chasing the wrist for a watch
with the same logic of yours, no one should ever try a watch with a new complication "because the brain isn't prepared for that new challenge"๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜– the brain is the most intelligent thing and will adapt, don't worry! it's just a watch on the right wrist, after all...

I've met a buddy in the office with a watch on the right. I didn't have the guts to ask how was it, but I saw the was writing with the right hand, so I suppose he is a right-handed guy. the point is that he has been wearing this watch for at least half a year when I first noticed, and god knows how much time earlier. I guess it must be conformable, if he wears it for los long, otherwise he would change it, right?

probably, "his brain got used to that" ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ