Rep, ruined my watch perception!

Fornamessits

This is a long story about what happened to me.
Everything started 3 months ago. I got my first replica Rolex... after a long time when all my friends were like " go for reps, go for AAA reps" you are going to like it.
I grew up around wealthy people, my family is quite rich... ( when i say it you have to remember that it is my family that it rich- not me). My father is a good man and he always loved me, this is why i have never had a problem related to expensive things. I could have a good genuine Rolex for my birthday if i really wanted too. Time passed... and i grew older... i can't say that im not happy about the Rolex, Omega, Cartier and another gens that i got when i was a teenager. But at the age of 19 i decided to go on and make my own money, to make a career, to build my own empire and to make my own money. I never wanted to live on the money that my dad achieved during his lifetime... even if this is not a bad idea for a lot of people... why to do something hard when you can live your life without any problems.
I continued to study and got my first job..i still work hard and of course, i have a lot of go on till im going to be able to live like my father. My father is proud of my decision.. he told me.

When i completely changed my life, everything became harder. I didn't have the opportunity to go on with gens like Rolex, Omega, and Cartier that i really love which is totally a normal thing. I'm a man that has a middle income and of course, is living by saving money and spending on the necessary things. My love for watches is never going to go away, i had to do smth about it. My friends told me that im going to be happy with AAA replicas or swiss clones. I have just to learn more about this world but im going to love it for sure. Everything changed after my first rep. I got a Daytona. i know what you mean when you say that it is a good watch, and a good rep... but it ruined my perception. i grew up seeing rich people with gens and i studied them and worn them i felt them i know every single thing about gens..

NOW I FEEL SAD... i don't feel the rep, i see and i know that it is a rep and i can't enjoy it... it is not a bad one is really a good AAA rep.. but i can't enjoy it. I would like to feel better to feel free to have other reps... but how?????... when all the perception is ruined.

Racrought

Well, this is a tough one actually. I have been around both, gens and reps all my life and probably would never completely understand what you actually feel, but maybe this is more about the logical and cold perception of reality. This may sound really weird and you can feel like this is not the right answer right now but i think that you should remember that having the possibility to go with reps is still a possibility.
Personally, I know a lot of people that can't even go with reps. You are lucky enough to have the possibility to go with AAA reps of clones. This is a good thing tho. A lot of people are going for cheap reps just because they really love some brands and what they are, but this is all they can get.

If you have your gens you can pair them. The clone and AAA reps are really good. I know it is hard to swallow this info but take the other perspective of the situation. You did it to work hard and to take your own possibility of making money ( this is just another part of the road)

Onfew19

i totally understand you. for me it was a hard transition too. in my case, after a long time of gens, i got the first reps and they were a total flop actually. you are lucky enough to receive a good clone or AAA reps. anyway, the thing that helped me was that after some time i started to mix things. today i live in good reps and gens. This makes everything easier, mostly because you can compare the same model as genuine with the same model as a replica. When the replica version comes to be really good you start to appreciate the work of those manufacturers who made it similar to the original one.
My idea is that after some time this sensation will pass.

Suchispost

i think that you are taking this too seriously. you need to remember that this is just a watch. i understand that when you live with gens only it is hard to go for a watch that is not original. even so, i think that u need to remember that actually there are a lot of good replica and clone watches. you can enjoy them as long as you want. if you are worried about what people are going to say, this means that you are not over your past rich life.

this is the transition and it is hard to grow up on your own. if you decided to make your own path just go along and accept all the things that are going to happen to you. this is a part of your growth. believe on yourself and work hard and im pretty sure that soon you are going to be able to buy your own genuine brand watch. maybe not the most expensive one among all of the watches out there, but the feeling that you got this watch by your own is going to make you feel so happy and fulfilled, trust me.

Wervelf

im really sorry that you feel that way but i think that nobody here is going to be able to help you with this.
i have to agree on the fact that it is connected with your own perception.
this means that no matter how many good things or ideas we are going to share here, you will never change your mind if you are not open to change it.
the only thing that i can advise you, is to spend more time here reading all the good things that people actually achieve with reps. to read about them. maybe it can make you take it easier.
Good luckπŸ™Œ

CosmoS

it is very painful to fall from a high level to a lower level, and this does not only refer to watches. I'm not sure it was a good idea to go from original models to replicas. Considering that you were brought up in the universe of original quality things, how can a fake meet your expectations?!

And once these high standards are set, it is practically impossible to be satisfied with anything lower.
And how much it would hurt, but these replicas are: something inferior to the original standards.

From another point of view, take things a bit more philosophically. in the end it's a lesson for you :)))) personally, I think it's impossible for your perception to change along the way, regarding replica watches. the lesson I think you need to learn is that you have to put in more effort to afford an original watch after all. I think that no matter how perfect a replica is, you will still find flaws in it, because you know the standards.
We, those who didn't have the luck to interact much with original models, embrace imitations the way they are 😁😁😁

In your case, either switch to a more modest brand, such as Casio, Tissot, Citizen, which are both original and affordable, or save money for an original Rolex (which is probably the most difficult), or consider preowned watches, which are also original, but more advantageous in terms of price compared to a new one)

and stop looking for good replicas) to the quality standards in which you grew up, you are unlikely to find one you like πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

FleurDeLis

it is very painful to fall from a high level to a lower level, and this does not only refer to watches. I'm not sure it was a good idea to go from original models to replicas. Considering that you were brought up in the universe of original quality things, how can a fake meet your expectations?!

And once these high standards are set, it is practically impossible to be satisfied with anything lower.
And how much it would hurt, but these replicas are: something inferior to the original standards.

From another point of view, take things a bit more philosophically. in the end it's a lesson for you :)))) personally, I think it's impossible for your perception to change along the way, regarding replica watches. the lesson I think you need to learn is that you have to put in more effort to afford an original watch after all. I think that no matter how perfect a replica is, you will still find flaws in it, because you know the standards.
We, those who didn't have the luck to interact much with original models, embrace imitations the way they are 😁😁😁

In your case, either switch to a more modest brand, such as Casio, Tissot, Citizen, which are both original and affordable, or save money for an original Rolex (which is probably the most difficult), or consider preowned watches, which are also original, but more advantageous in terms of price compared to a new one)

and stop looking for good replicas) to the quality standards in which you grew up, you are unlikely to find one you like πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ
"how cuuuuuuute"πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
was it necessary to put salt on the wound?

@Fornamessits this can only be the first impression, which can pass soon. the lesson you learned for sure is not to have high expectations from the replica industry. And it's probably the most important lesson in this whole hobby, isn't it?

Let time pass, don't rush to buy. Analyze the replica watches of your close people, you probably have many of this kind. Maybe you will discover one that lures you into the hobby again)

CuriousGeorge

"how cuuuuuuute"πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
was it necessary to put salt on the wound?

@Fornamessits this can only be the first impression, which can pass soon. the lesson you learned for sure is not to have high expectations from the replica industry. And it's probably the most important lesson in this whole hobby, isn't it?

Let time pass, don't rush to buy. Analyze the replica watches of your close people, you probably have many of this kind. Maybe you will discover one that lures you into the hobby again)
I don't see anything wrong with what @CosmoS wrote!!!!!

he is right to a certain extent. imagine that you always had an original iPhone. switch to a chinese one now, to the best of the Chinese versions!! . Will you find it as flawless as the gen Apple? ? I do not think so. You will immediately notice the lack of full functionality, the camera with reduced focus and pixels, and a million other disadvantages. The only plus is that it would be cheaper than an original model.

When you buy relatively cheap things, you can't get the same level of quality as with an original one. Some can face the challenge, others can't.
@Fornamessits , Personally, I would recommend you not to lower your initial standards. The world tends to raise its standards, from good to better. And you are looking to go down from top to bottom. For what? For just a more difficult moment in life? You'll get over it anyway, but keep your standards high.

peGASus4338#!

@Fornamessits congrats with the big lesson you've just learned!!!!

it is commendable that you decided to go on your own, it is a really wise decision.
I don't see why you should force yourself to love fake watches... if they didn't work for you, what's with this drama??? it's just one more reason to mobilize and put in the effort to allow yourself to reach the standards you had in childhood... do a good job, give your watch to someone who appreciates it, and move on !

Keep looking for not necessarily luxury watches. the world of luxury watches did not end. You'll be surprised to discover lesser-known, but extraordinary brands through the watches that they make . There are hundreds of this kind... it's a pity of course that your first impression isn't like just "wow" about fake watches , but it is what it is....πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

NEWBIES!!!!! fake watches can be good!!! 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

CoVriGoooU

this is what happens when someone imposes their own opinions on you as the absolute truthπŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–
I mean your friends who drew you such a beautiful story about fake watches....πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

and you? didn't you think to look for some information about fakes? to risks, opinions, cases of deception or vice versa? I'm not arguing now, I'm just frustrated that your friends suggested something to you without considering YOUR standards...they suggested something that THEY think suits you....

personally, I would have suggested you ONLY look at SWISS COPIES which are as close as possible to the truth. aaa grades reps are not suitable for someone who bathed in luxury as a small child...πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

in addition, I would have suggested that you inform yourself about all the risks, pros and cons of the fake industry, so that you know what to expect. your problem is that you had very high expectations. Your friends drew these great expectations for you...πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
FOLKS!!!! WHEN YOU RECOMMEND REP WATCHES, TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE SPECIFICITY OF THE PERSON TO WHOM YOU RECOMMEND THEM!, and not your personal standards!!!! 🀌🀌🀌🀌🀌🀌🀌🀌🀌🀌🀌🀌

Fornamessits

may be .. may be

Onfew19

well, i think that you need to rephrase this message. the thing is that at the end i think @Fornamessits needs some help to pass this transition not underlining his inability to have the same luxury things that he had before...
well yess... this is quite intense and this is quite hard. of course it would be better to go over all his life with gens than they did before, but everything changes.
Personally, i think you did a good thing to choose to make your own life, i think that it is going to be hard of course, i can't lie, but it is a good thing. You are going to pass through this and someday you are going to see how amazing this actually feels.
purchasing a genuine watch on your own is not the same as purchasing the watch with somebody's else money, it is a totally different feeling... the best feeling in the world.

In the end, I truly believe that you can find good reps and gens and still enjoy it. I think that this forum can help you, but this can happen only if you really want it to happen. it is your choice!

Racrought

i think we need to help him with the transition and find a good solution here.
crying about the past is not the best option at all. yes, he had the best watches the most amazing ones. it is true. that was the reality of the past and it can't be changed right now.
i don't understand why the sentence:" im not sure it was a good idea to go from original models to replicas" sounds good.
i don't actually understand what you meant by this. what can he do? go black? turning back is not an option, you always have to move one.
the best thing is to understand that this is the position that you have. finding solutions to enjoy the reps and the clones that you can have right now and working hard to have the opportunity to go for gens in the future.

Fornamessits

thank you all for your posts. yes, this is quite hard for me and i think that a lot of people can't understand me. this is okay, only people that passed through something like this can get it. This is a normal thing, often people just can't understand each other, because every single person has their own experience. Even so, you are right, i decided to come here to find good support and find a way to accept reps and clones for now.
I'm not a spoiled person... some people may think this way, it is just a normal thing when you are used to the best thing and after this, you just go for something that is inferior.
I really hope that nobody is going to understand how it this.

I want to be here and start a new kind of life. I will work hard to get back on track... but only by myself. I really hope that here people can guide me to models that can help me feel some good vibes.

Racrought

thank you all for your posts. yes, this is quite hard for me and i think that a lot of people can't understand me. this is okay, only people that passed through something like this can get it. This is a normal thing, often people just can't understand each other, because every single person has their own experience. Even so, you are right, i decided to come here to find good support and find a way to accept reps and clones for now.
I'm not a spoiled person... some people may think this way, it is just a normal thing when you are used to the best thing and after this, you just go for something that is inferior.

I want to be here and start a new kind of life. I will work hard to get back on track... but only by myself. I really hope that here people can guide me to models that can help me feel some good vibes.
you can ask everything you want to know. i think that this is going to be your help to go further. We are going to try help you, at least i can talk for myself! good luck!

EuGeniuS

don't stress much, that's ok) it's just a transition period that will also pass) there's a great thing you have to understand from your experience: you feelings mean that you will never accept low standards and therefore, you'll always gonna be striving for th best. and that's great having high standards, as you'll always want the best version of ....everithing, literally)
believe me, I've met persons in my life that are impossible to convince that it's cringe to get stuck at low levels) they like prefer the low level in everything; yours standards are high, and that's a great thing actually, eve if you feel like that's hurting you now) keep up πŸ™ƒ

Racrought

don't stress much, that's ok) it's just a transition period that will also pass) there's a great thing you have to understand from your experience: you feelings mean that you will never accept low standards and therefore, you'll always gonna be striving for th best. and that's great having high standards, as you'll always want the best version of ....everithing, literally)
believe me, I've met persons in my life that are impossible to convince that it's cringe to get stuck at low levels) they like prefer the low level in everything; yours standards are high, and that's a great thing actually, eve if you feel like that's hurting you now) keep up πŸ™ƒ
a good message here!
this is true. in the beginning, this is going to be hard to accept, but it is important to go an want more.
the most important thing is to work for the dream.
Some people here still work to have their first genuine watch. They have never had one and desperately want to have one.
You know how it is to have a good genuine watch, you remember the feeling. This means that you are going to go forward to have the same feeling and enjoy it as before.

Fornamessits

merci, guys.
this is a cool thing to hear. I'm not that suppressed about this. It is a little pain in the ass when I think about this, but I really want to accept the situation. The biggest problem is to find reps and clones that I can enjoy. I don't want to go on with watches that I really don't love. It feels awful when you have something on your wrist that you don't like. I really love watches and want to be part of it ( somehow).

The option, don't go with reps and clone till you have gens is not a good option for me. I can't live without watches. This is a part of me and is always going to be. As you can see I can live without my family's money but for sure I can't live without watches. :D Period

Racrought

merci, guys.
this is a cool thing to hear. I'm not that suppressed about this. It is a little pain in the ass when I think about this, but I really want to accept the situation. The biggest problem is to find reps and clones that I can enjoy. I don't want to go on with watches that I really don't love. It feels awful when you have something on your wrist that you don't like. I really love watches and want to be part of it ( somehow).

The option, don't go with reps and clone till you have gens is not a good option for me. I can't live without watches. This is a part of me and is always going to be. As you can see I can live without my family's money but for sure I can't live without watches. :D Period
I wish you very big luck. Remember if you need help we are always here to help!

JL$4k029

great friends yours 😁😁😁!!
unfortunately, they really screwed it with the rep recommendation) they would have better collected money together and gave you an original))))) 😁😁😁😁
for you, the best solution is pre-owned watches. taking into account that you had contact with the original watches, it will not be difficult for you to evaluate a pre-owned watch. you will know what to pay attention to, how good the price is, and what aspects to pay attention to regarding the quality of the watch. but the replica - they are only imitations) there's to much to expect from them, when you already know how the genuine cake smells like)