replica watch as a gift

CapOOchino

hey fellows,
so glad to see here such an interactive community;
I was thinking about one thing lately: how would a close person appreciate a watch gift, be it a replica version?
do u think it's a good idea? if yes/ what to consider? if no/ what gen watches would you recommend within a limited budget?
what other aspects do you take into account when you plan to offer a watch as a gift? I read some articles related to the topic. As it turned out, offering a watch as a gift is somewhere considered a sign of a future break-up. do you think it's a bad idea to offer a watch as a gift to a close person?
thanks a million for any suggestion

Wervelf

First of all, a watch as a gift is really a good idea if the person that you think to offer it to loves watches.
The thing about breaking up is bullshit :Dbut if you are really skeptical about this you can always go with asking for a penny back. It seems that if the person that you gave the watch to gives you a penny back the spell disappears.

If you know that the person is found about watches the second step is to find out what he/she really thinks about replicas. Does this person have replicas? If he has some replicas and loves them and wears replicas then there is nothing to worry about. If the person wears only genuine and you don't have the budget for them, then is better to let it go.

About genuine, if you want to go with it... the question is what exactly is your budget? For someone, a budget can be $1000 and for other can be approx. $5000. There is a huge difference.

CapOOchino

grateful @Wervelf,
yes, the persons seems to be ok with reps, but owns none so far. I tried to make indirect discussions to find out more. he told he had nothing against, whenever it's a high quality rep.
im also kinda skeptical about superstitions and stuff like that, but I wanted to know f people share my opinions about it. would like to screw it up with such a gift

WatchOveR

absolute bullshit about superstitions. watches are the best gift ever and these can only be compared with books really. but, what's true is that its an art to choose the right one for a certain person.
everybody wears watches, so only from this angle, they are great options for a gift, not to mention the rest of them. what I'd recommend you is to take a look at this person's previous watches. they are usually suggestive of what style he or she likes. and dont be afraid to get him the same style of watch as he or she already has. it means that such a style is what makes him feel comfortable.
and also, it's better to gem him what he will 100% wear, rather than get him another type of watch, a formal for example, that he would never put on

WorldWideWisdom

subscribe to all above-mentioned.
also, I'd add that before deciding with the edged, you should better start with what the will potentially like or need. if he didn't wear watches before, talk as much as possible about watches. I remember I once begun a similar discussion with my GF, telling her that her best friend's watch was trashy ad awful ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ it wasn't true, I only wanted her to begin talking about watches in general, so to understand what she likes or dislikes and which are her technical preferences, complications I mean
I finally got her a Cartier replica. I was a Tank replica that she still loves and wears daily. honestly, without discussing about that, I would never thought she would like to have a Tank. if I bought it according to my taste, I'd get her a Rolex rainbow rep. And I would've screwed it up seriously, because after her BD I told her about my previous intensions. she hates diamond and colourful watches, as it turned out ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

CoVriGoooU

subscribe to all above-mentioned.
also, I'd add that before deciding with the edged, you should better start with what the will potentially like or need. if he didn't wear watches before, talk as much as possible about watches. I remember I once begun a similar discussion with my GF, telling her that her best friend's watch was trashy ad awful ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ it wasn't true, I only wanted her to begin talking about watches in general, so to understand what she likes or dislikes and which are her technical preferences, complications I mean
I finally got her a Cartier replica. I was a Tank replica that she still loves and wears daily. honestly, without discussing about that, I would never thought she would like to have a Tank. if I bought it according to my taste, I'd get her a Rolex rainbow rep. And I would've screwed it up seriously, because after her BD I told her about my previous intensions. she hates diamond and colourful watches, as it turned out ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
good for u ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I fact I hate when people get me gifts according to THEIR tastes๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ it's not right to do so ๐ŸคŒ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ
if you want to make a gift the person will love, you have to consider his/her preferences, lifestyle, working environment. imagine a man working in a dusty working environment and wearing a gold Daytona on the wrist ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ believe me, the Daytona can cost 50,000, but it will look stupid in such circumstances

so, yes. you need to consider his/her preferences as the starting point for your watch selection. only after that, you get to the next step, price

CapOOchino

you couldn't have explained it better with the Daytona example ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
and what do you mean by "only after that, you get to the next step, price"???? reps are more or less at the same price range, ain't they??
I was thinking about Rolex rep, honestly, but know that I see how you recommend, I'll probably growth another scenario ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

actually, I thought about some formal pieces like Patek Philippe Calatrava maybe, but if I think a bit, it seems that the Nautilus would suit him better... still thinking...
what other commendations do you consider, something similar to PP Nautilus? maybe you know some

CoVriGoooU

@CapOOchino did my best ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
look, the thing with the budget is not as easy as it seems, at least for me...
if you think you have the money, and you have the model, and you only buy it and that's all.. well I dont do things like that
it might sound complicated, but it helps me drawing a chart. in it I place all the possible models (dont think only of one) and their prices. Also, consider all the complications. for example the same watch can cost less if it doesn't have a date function, while the exactly same with is more expensive if it does๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ get it?๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
now, when the chart is done, I try to figure out if the person I buy the watch for needs or not the complication. dont forget that the Nautilus that you want has more than 30 references. im not sure exactly, but they were about 30 when I counted them some time ago. so which one will you get?!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
that's why a chart would be helpful- to make the messy information as clear as posiible
and no, the reps aren't at the same price range. from 150- 1500๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, just letting u know ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

hiFUProstry

oooo Nautilus one of my favs ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I don't see why you would look for similar watches a nautilus if you can actually get... A NAUTILUS๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
whatever, if you need an alternative just to make sure that nautilus is the best one, look at the Bulgari Octo Finissimo. While the `nautilus is more to my liking, the Finissimo can comfort you with its thickness, as it was the thinnest mechanical watch for some time.

The construction is very similar to Nautilus, coming with that specific octagonal bezel shape, though not as expressive as the NAUTILUS (told you the nautilus is the best). But, on the other hand, itโ€™s pretty resistant, with 60 hours of power reserve. The dial btw is more simplistic than the nautilus (which has it more idkโ€ฆ exquisite??!). but, your loved one might like it if he is the "minimalism" guy

Wervelf

grateful @Wervelf,
yes, the persons seems to be ok with reps, but owns none so far. I tried to make indirect discussions to find out more. he told he had nothing against, whenever it's a high quality rep.
im also kinda skeptical about superstitions and stuff like that, but I wanted to know f people share my opinions about it. would like to screw it up with such a gift
I really don't think that you should worry about it. The thing with asking back for a penny is what actually i heard that people, in this case, do, so do it, you are going to feel much better after this.

I totally understand when there is a thing that you just can't get out of your mind. So in the end... it doesn't really matter what others think about it, it is important what you think about it. Do the penny thing and everything is going to be okay. to make you feel better I can say that i have tried both things ( asking the penny and just giving a gift without asking for anything). Nothing happened in both cases, we are still friends and everything is okay.

Regarding the replica watch, if you know that he has nothing against it and he likes watches then this is going to be a really good gift. If he has never had a replica watch before it doesn't actually mean that he is not going to love it. Probably he was never that interested in finding a replica. Not everybody is as crazy about it as we do :D i think that everything is going to be ok. Just try to get the watch that suits his own taste and style . Maybe you know the brand... really helpful.

Wervelf

absolute bullshit about superstitions. watches are the best gift ever and these can only be compared with books really. but, what's true is that its an art to choose the right one for a certain person.
everybody wears watches, so only from this angle, they are great options for a gift, not to mention the rest of them. what I'd recommend you is to take a look at this person's previous watches. they are usually suggestive of what style he or she likes. and dont be afraid to get him the same style of watch as he or she already has. it means that such a style is what makes him feel comfortable.
and also, it's better to gem him what he will 100% wear, rather than get him another type of watch, a formal for example, that he would never put on
I agree with everything but i think that you should be a little bit less straightforward in this situation. If the person believes in superstitions is not like you are going to say that it is bullshit and everything is going to change. It is like telling a person that has depression that it doesn't exist ( sorry for the example it is really a bad one but this is the first one that came into my mind).

Racrought

oooo Nautilus one of my favs ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I don't see why you would look for similar watches a nautilus if you can actually get... A NAUTILUS๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
whatever, if you need an alternative just to make sure that nautilus is the best one, look at the Bulgari Octo Finissimo. While the `nautilus is more to my liking, the Finissimo can comfort you with its thickness, as it was the thinnest mechanical watch for some time.

The construction is very similar to Nautilus, coming with that specific octagonal bezel shape, though not as expressive as the NAUTILUS (told you the nautilus is the best). But, on the other hand, itโ€™s pretty resistant, with 60 hours of power reserve. The dial btw is more simplistic than the nautilus (which has it more idkโ€ฆ exquisite??!). but, your loved one might like it if he is the "minimalism" guy
if the person doesn't get a good supplier for Nautilus is better not to go for a replica version if you are not that sure... ESPECIALLY when we talk about a gift. A replica is always replica is never going to be the same as the original don't even try it. It is better to choose a model that is going to look good OF COURSE deluxe replica is the choice that you need to go for.

you mentioned the break up so I assume that the person is actually your friend or boyfriend or girlfriend, sorry if I misunderstood it. Anyway if you don't want to fail just go with Rolex. There are so many models out there and they are easier to find as good deluxe replicas. Is that close person a girl or a boy?

Racrought

good for u ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I fact I hate when people get me gifts according to THEIR tastes๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ it's not right to do so ๐ŸคŒ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ
if you want to make a gift the person will love, you have to consider his/her preferences, lifestyle, working environment. imagine a man working in a dusty working environment and wearing a gold Daytona on the wrist ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ believe me, the Daytona can cost 50,000, but it will look stupid in such circumstances

so, yes. you need to consider his/her preferences as the starting point for your watch selection. only after that, you get to the next step, price
It is a good point to take into consideration the job. Even so, there are Rolexes that can be suited to every job and it is not necessary to wear it during the workday. You can always go with a watch for parties or special occasions. It also depends if that person uses to wear watches every day.

Actually, my point is.. is not that important to concentrate on how and when is he/she going to wear the watch, it is important to know the taste and to find the best version. when it is a great gift it is going to be appreciated no matter what.

chunkeymonkey

Piaget Polo btw can also be an alternative for Nautilus. But I think once you thought about a nautilus rep, itโ€™s unlikelyh you will accept an alternativeโ€ฆ thoughts Polo is one. Actually, Piaget introduced it in the same year that Patek introduced its Nautilus. I thought at the beginning that Piaget copied the Patek, but I was wrong actually ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Btw, there are plenty of color dials available. So, you could go with a rep that comes with the favorite color dial oy your friend/boyfriend or whomever he is. Iโ€™d like to get a gift in grey dial, itโ€™s the most comfortable and adaptable to different outfits. Its not as powerful as the Finissimo supporting up to 50 hours of power reserve. But still a good option

And I dont quite agree with those saying here that if he wears a certain watch style, you should go with the same one. maybe its time to add something new in his collection, dont u think? ๐Ÿ‘€

concientE

to answer your first question: a watch as a gift. the answer is Yes, it's a great gift to make. even if the person receiving it doesn't appreciate it, it's HIS issue, not yours.
to answer your second question: a REPLICA watch as a gift. i see a little problem here. some persons are completely against replica industry, be it watches, shoes, bags whatever u want. Just remember, any one here has a jerk at work who insists on how shitty reps are. Now imagine you offer such a guy a rep gift. eeeehmmmmm.... not the best option, to me
so, a rep watch would be an option in case you know for sure he is ok with that. there are neutral persons also; these neither have anything against reps, nr would ever buy one. this case is also dangerous so watch out.
it's not enough to make your observations regarding his style preferences, colors blah blah blah. it's his overall attitude towards reps that you have to observe
as for the style, casual, formal- I think any of them will do, whenever they are of high quality. good luck

Last edited:

concientE

as for the third question ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I forgot to say something about Nautilus ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Tissot PRX is an alternative to nautilus also.

Itโ€™s very similar to nautilus in both design and technical aspects. Sharp lugs, neatly attached bracelet, all bold and solid. At least, I see it like that. 40 mm, hope it suits your boyfriend, or who he is for you. I like its grid pattern dial and itโ€™s even more expressive, I think, than in the Patekโ€™s.

Also, I saw a Chopard on my bossโ€™s wrist at our recent team-building event. I thought it was a Patek when I first saw it from afar. Then I realized that the bracelet was not typical for Patek and the case wasnโ€™t as octagonally framed, it was a bit more circular. Either way, similar screws in the bezel, similar Roman numerals. However, the Chopard mixes them with the Arabic ones. The Dial pattern is also veeeery Interesting, it looks like the eye iris. In short, take a look at it, I think itโ€™s worth considering it. Its the Chopard Alpine Eagle, to be more specific

peGASus4338#!

idk, I'm a bit reticent about such a gift, tbh... I'd appreciate a watch only from a person who really knows all my criteria for watches. but, given that you know each other for a short period of time (or at least, that's what `I understood, and correct me if so), it's kinda risky. idk if you have enough time to make the right conclusions about his preferences... there's too much to find out, especially if u have little time at your disposal

if I get a watch as a gift from a little-known person, I'm more inclined to think that the gift is bought according to his tastes, and not mine... in such a case, I don't want the watch. I want watches that I LOVE, not those that other people love...so, not sure about the gift

###IcySpicY###

idk, I'm a bit reticent about such a gift, tbh... I'd appreciate a watch only from a person who really knows all my criteria for watches. but, given that you know each other for a short period of time (or at least, that's what `I understood, and correct me if so), it's kinda risky. idk if you have enough time to make the right conclusions about his preferences... there's too much to find out, especially if u have little time at your disposal

if I get a watch as a gift from a little-known person, I'm more inclined to think that the gift is bought according to his tastes, and not mine... in such a case, I don't want the watch. I want watches that I LOVE, not those that other people love...so, not sure about the gift
I think you're pushing too hard on this. after all, it's just a gift. if you like it, you wear it, if you don't like it- you dont wear it. Easy.
the idea of giving a watch as a gift sounds good to me
and it's not necessary to get a rep one, if you are afraid to not screw it up with the quality, if you're not sure in the dealer, or dont have a trusted one.
Danish brands, though not so popular, have pretty decent watches and I trust their quality. prices are highly affordable.
and when you get to know the person better, you'll get a more solid watch

JL$4k029

you know?! I'm reading g the thread and I'm really shook about the comments ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€ guys, it's a gift from a close person. How many times you disliked the gift? but speak frankly pls... can't you just embrace and appreciate the intention of the person trying to make u happy? why are you so pedantic?
I never questioned the gifts I got from my GFs. I just appreciated them regardless of how useful or not they were... dear author, take something according to your budget and according to your preferences and quality standards!!!! the person will have to appreciate the gift because it comes from YOU, and not because it's a Rolex, or a formal, or a genuine, or a replica, or 1K bucks, or 5K bucks....
And if he doesn't, he's just not your person. you better realize it now when you barely know each other. Good for you that you are so nervous and tremulous about making him feel special. but, after all, he has to embrace you the way you are, no matter what watch you give him, an Omega or a Citizen...
he will like the watch, if he likes the person๐Ÿซก๐Ÿซก

DanielDJZI

you know?! I'm reading g the thread and I'm really shook about the comments ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€ guys, it's a gift from a close person. How many times you disliked the gift? but speak frankly pls... can't you just embrace and appreciate the intention of the person trying to make u happy? why are you so pedantic?
I never questioned the gifts I got from my GFs. I just appreciated them regardless of how useful or not they were... dear author, take something according to your budget and according to your preferences and quality standards!!!! the person will have to appreciate the gift because it comes from YOU, and not because it's a Rolex, or a formal, or a genuine, or a replica, or 1K bucks, or 5K bucks....
And if he doesn't, he's just not your person. you better realize it now when you barely know each other. Good for you that you are so nervous and tremulous about making him feel special. but, after all, he has to embrace you the way you are, no matter what watch you give him, an Omega or a Citizen...
he will like the watch, if he likes the person๐Ÿซก๐Ÿซก
subscribe!!!!
you're all pretentious here! now imagine the opposite scenario: would you like people criticise your gift? be it a watch or whatsoever else... you make gifts from the heart. sounds romantic but it's the way it is... @CapOOchino you're very brave and I think you'll get a great present. all that matters is that it's from the heart