stainless steel vs rubber band. pls help me decide

Marvel

hi fellows,
It's nice to meet you here, so much relevant information, and straight to the point)) but it's not about that))
it's about the decision I have to make because I'm completely stuck and I can't find an answer to a simple question: should I opt for a stainless steel bracelet or stay with a rubber band for my zenith?

let me describe the situation a bit:
I have had a zenith for some time. once, I wanted a metal bracelet for it and I wrote to the seller who sold it to me to let me know if something appears in stock. a long time passed, I forgot about this idea. I adapted very well in the meantime with the rubber version, I really loved it a lot, especially during the summer. recently, the seller informed me that he has a metal bracelet for my guy. now I'm not sure if I should make the switch.

in myself, as if I already have an answer. but I want to know the opinion of the community to see if I am on the right track. I'm attaching a picture with a steel bracelet so you can have a rough idea. it's a symbolic picture but it coincides with my model.
please let me know your opinion and most importantly, the WHYs behind it.
as a rule, I stick to metal bracelets quite well. more than that, I think all my replicas are made of ss steel. now that the zenith is original and the metal bracelet is as well, I have to budget for it. and I doubt if it's worth it)))
let the comments flow!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 14.32.14.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 14.32.14.png
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 14.32.06-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 14.32.06-min.png
    346.7 KB · Views: 1

Drinky

oh gosh... they look so different... at first it seemed to me that you attached two different watch models, it took me a while to notice that it's actually the same case)
well, what can I tell you? I personally love rubber bands in the summer. it breathes well and comforts me much more than the ss steel. so, think about how much you wear the guy in other seasons. if it's for all year around, I don't see why you shouldn't try the ss steel. in the end, you vary things, especially since you say that you are already used to the rubber... it's more budget-friendly to get a new bracelet than a new watch with all the bracelet))))
and after all, the bracelet option makes more sense if you somehow end up selling it after some time)
so, the bracelet option;)

Marvel

oh gosh... they look so different... at first it seemed to me that you attached two different watch models, it took me a while to notice that it's actually the same case)
well, what can I tell you? I personally love rubber bands in the summer. it breathes well and comforts me much more than the ss steel. so, think about how much you wear the guy in other seasons. if it's for all year around, I don't see why you shouldn't try the ss steel. in the end, you vary things, especially since you say that you are already used to the rubber... it's more budget-friendly to get a new bracelet than a new watch with all the bracelet))))
and after all, the bracelet option makes more sense if you somehow end up selling it after some time)
so, the bracelet option;)
actually, I'm not thinking of selling it)) I usually buy watches so I can sell them later, but not this one. this zenith has strong emotional charge for me, so it's a long term thing)

but tnx for the insights) good perspective;)

Maric

this is why I love to take my watches with ss steel and with a rubber band in parallel. to avoid such confusions...
the rubber one for me pls...

oh, the WHYs...
I'm somewhat tired of ss steel, they are literally everywhere... and they don't bring me visual and aesthetic pleasure for now... when someone wears a watch with a rubber band, I immediately notice it. but the ones with ss steel seem to be identical to each other, hardly any one can catch my attention. so nothing more than just hype around them. rubber is more practical and sporty, I resonate with it better

Rochdale

SS BRACELET!!!

if it's about an original equipment watch, I don't think it's a better option than a steel bracelet. in short, it is much, MUCH more durable than rubber. in 10 years it will look the same. I'm not sure about the same thing about rubber.. also here - much more solid, and I'm not referring to the degree of steel, but to its charisma. stainless steel gives temperament to the watch... can't you see from the pictures? it looks more complex, with more personality... the rubber one is nothing more than a mediocre sporty guy...

and yes, you scored well @Drinky , it is never bad to think from the perspective of investments. SS BRACELET!!!

Grigio

SS BRACELET!!!

if it's about an original equipment watch, I don't think it's a better option than a steel bracelet. in short, it is much, MUCH more durable than rubber. in 10 years it will look the same. I'm not sure about the same thing about rubber.. also here - much more solid, and I'm not referring to the degree of steel, but to its charisma. stainless steel gives temperament to the watch... can't you see from the pictures? it looks more complex, with more personality... the rubber one is nothing more than a mediocre sporty guy...

and yes, you scored well @Drinky , it is never bad to think from the perspective of investments. SS BRACELET!!!
yes and no... in 10 years, this stsinless steel bracelet will be full of scratches and the shine will be lost whether you like it or not. it will look "a bit tired" as usually happens with ss steel over time.

not that I'm against the bracelet, but I see pluses and minuses in both scenarios... any chance to go ith the both?!

StatusQUO

that's right.. there are always advantages and disadvantages in any watch model

precisely for this reason, my vote goes for the ss steel option. without any specific WHY... only at the level of intuition and visual reasoning... if I go into the details of the pluses and minuses, I won't finish them soon πŸ˜‚

HahREF5583468

yes and no... in 10 years, this stsinless steel bracelet will be full of scratches and the shine will be lost whether you like it or not. it will look "a bit tired" as usually happens with ss steel over time.

not that I'm against the bracelet, but I see pluses and minuses in both scenarios... any chance to go ith the both?!
so what?
haven't you heard of patina? minor scratches are what makes a watch worthy) why do you think vintage rolexes sell for hundreds of thousands?) surely it's not because they have an immaculate stainless steel bracelet)) so, the argument- INVALID))))

Read something about vabi sabi))))) maybe you will understand more))))

the rubber option for me pls!!! the case is complex and the stainless steel bracelet will make it even diffiheavierult for me, just like a brick on the wrist... but it doesn't look bad though 😁

dancerINTHEdark

I think that besides many other benefits and disadvantages, both serve certain purposes... i mean, what;s the sense in a rubber watch if you spend most of your time in the office?

maybe you can abstract from everything and try to estimate the conditions in which you will wear this watch... if you say that the rubber band option has fitted you perfectly so far, I think that switching to the ss bracelet will limit you in wearing it universally
more than that: you say you have even forgotten about your intention to couple it with an ss bracelet. it means you don't need it that much. I think that now it is more about the satisfaction of an older desire than the actual need for an ss bracelet)

i'd remain with the rubber..))

here u have such a philosophical perspective 😁😁

Cincinnati

I think from the perspective of quality. rubber is ok, but not exceptional. steel is always steel and durability will never be compromised. in particular, you say that you want this watch for a long time, so you have to build it in such a way that each part is maximally durable and resistant.

aesthetically, I resonate with both. I find a thousand occasions and environments in which to wear them both. with a gun at the temple though, I would go for the steel option

HorsePower

am I the only one who sees the rubber option more elegant?

the bracelet version gives me the impression of "too much steel". I'm not a big fan of rubber bands. but if I look at it from a design perspective, it seems to me that the case with its color accents fits better with the rubber band. as if there is a continuity and aesthetic connection between dial, bezel, case, and rubber band.

in the steel bracelet version, I don't see this connection. as if 2 random pieces (case and bracelet) were randomly connected to each other...

RUBBER, DEFINITELY

Moderatto

am I the only one who sees the rubber option more elegant?

the bracelet version gives me the impression of "too much steel". I'm not a big fan of rubber bands. but if I look at it from a design perspective, it seems to me that the case with its color accents fits better with the rubber band. as if there is a continuity and aesthetic connection between dial, bezel, case, and rubber band.

in the steel bracelet version, I don't see this connection. as if 2 random pieces (case and bracelet) were randomly connected to each other...

RUBBER, DEFINITELY
THE CONTRAST BETWEEN the bezel and the ss band is great though... if the bezel and the dial had a lighter color tone, it would make sense to be lost against the background of the bracelet... but the contrast is silver/black, which still has aesthetic logic , by me...

Ocean BLUE

nice watch @Marvel ;)
generally, I accept rubber bands... but it depends on what kind of design they have. I don't see anything special in your model (sorry for that). just a band that is versatile, comfortable, lightweight, breathable, etc.. but without great visual and aesthetic effect. that's why I find the option with ss br worthy and a good idea to decorate this handsome guy...
so that you understand what I mean when I say "aesthetically attractive rubber bands", I leave a picture of the symbol attached below)

if your strap was to be something similar to the beauty of this omega, I would never have recommended you to opt for ss br;) enjoy your time-keeping' guy ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 15.26.39-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 15.26.39-min.png
    464.7 KB · Views: 0

DBP

ss br are universal and remain fashionable and fitting over 30 years. with rubber bands, their viability is much shorter.
I would opt for the ss bracelet, because even if you get bored of it at some point, you end up loving it again after a while)
though, I wouldn't mind having a spare beauty like Omega's))))) @Ocean BLUE ))) 😍😍

Marvel

damn it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I didn't expect the opinions to be so divided, but I appreciate every opinion) you have broadened my horizons that I didn't even know about)) either way, I talked to the dealer meanwhile and asked about the price of the bracelet... he told me it's around $100... I can't calm down about the bracelet and I'm still thinking about it, I'll probably get it... the problem is that I have to wait about 6 weeks until it reaches me... but what does it matter?! I've waited so long until now, these 6 weeks don't make much difference I guess...

how do you like the price though? 😁😁😁

HorsePower

damn it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I didn't expect the opinions to be so divided, but I appreciate every opinion) you have broadened my horizons that I didn't even know about)) either way, I talked to the dealer meanwhile and asked about the price of the bracelet... he told me it's around $100... I can't calm down about the bracelet and I'm still thinking about it, I'll probably get it... the problem is that I have to wait about 6 weeks until it reaches me... but what does it matter?! I've waited so long until now, these 6 weeks don't make much difference I guess...

from the start I was sure you would get it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I sensed this πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ you just needed the validation of some of us πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

either way, you did well that you did the way you feel,,, otherwise, the dilemma Ould have eaten u from the inside... please attach pictures to confirm that i was wrong by telling u to go with the rubber one πŸ˜‚

Moderatto

no way.... really? 100$?????????
how much did the whole watch cost you with only the bracelet costing $100? for this money I can buy a good replica, case + bracelet πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ocean BLUE

how much did the whole watch cost you with only the bracelet costing $100? for this money I can buy a good replica, case + bracelet πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
"I can buy myself floweeeeeeeerrs.... write my name on the saaaaaaand......" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
sorry for that, it's just that it fit so well in the context πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
actually, the price is ok, it's about the highest quality ss steel, ZENITH - of course, and original equipment... how much did you expect it to cost?!

Ocean BLUE

))) nope)) u can't)))
a good replica is at least $250, if you want it to last a long time and not lose its luster, functionality, etc.))))
but for an authentic bracelet, $100 is within reason)

Myryopod

I had only one watch with a rubber band... not my type. not my style... the incorrect distribution of the weight annoys me like crazy. the case seemed to me to weigh tens of kg and the bracelet way too lightweight, and the case always falls towards the lower part of the wrist.... I don't like the rubber band specifically because of the discomfort it generates... so I'm not really interested in the aesthetics. .. I still wonder how you have resisted so far with the rubber band... a long time ago you should have switched to the ss bracelet... so, congrads with the right choice, late, but you still did it