Tag Heuer as a brand. Any thoughts?

Racrought

I don't like them per se.
There have been some models that I admired and I thought to go for , but a lot of people told me not to. They are weird in a way... actually not worth the money.. the genuine not worth it for sure.
the thing is that the price for the genuine model is proportionated to the price for the replica model. just because a genuine model from this brand is going to cost a lot, automatically the replica version is not going to be cheap either. I talk about AAA reps.
You can say that I can't tell my opinion as long as I didn't tried them. But, after some time when i decided not to go to because of some of my friends, another friend of my got a model.. he got the genuine version for his birthday.. it was such a shiiiiitttt......
i couldn't believe that it was a genuine watch and that it costs so much. when you have seen so many different genuine watches you already know how a good one should look. that one looked cheap.
No thank you, there are so many good and amazing brands out there to explore... :poop:
:poop:
going for gens Tags, for sure not. I can agree here with you, but for reps why not. There are reps at reasonable prices and you know? They dont look that bad actually. Some of the look like the original, which is a big big step, judging by the fact that the original one looks like shit too. :D
yeah, for gens is not a good idea for reps yeah.
the one rule that i always assume when it comes to Tag Heuer is never laying that the watch is genuine. Tag for me is always a replica, i dont want people to think that i spend on genuine shit.
When it comes to Rolex and it is a good clone, I can go by not mentioning that is not genuine:sneaky:
I think that all of us did this at least once

DomPerignon

the brand seems to have had to cut back on its initial lead and cut corners in order to face the competition and survive in it. a few decades ago, it was one of the most desirable brands for me. a
And my father got me a quartz chrono. even to this day I don't know how much he paid for it. I still have it somewhere in my parents' house. it lasted until about 5 years ago, when the movement was already giving me big headaches. So the movement lasted more than 15 years. Yet, when it was new, the most problematic was the bezel that always got stuck and I had to take it for repair. on the other hand, it served me well in the craziest adventures and conditions. it lasted without problems even in water conditions, I even went to the thermal baths with it. I had no claims on it at all from the perspective of resistance and durability, nor of the movement. It worked very precisely and accurately. Definately, one of the most reliable of all that I have ever had.

the biggest mistake was when the brand turned to ebouche Seiko movements, which was marketed as a Heuer in-house caliber. The community was badly shaken. A foreign mechanism is not really compatible with the "Swiss" brand. If it only maintained honesty with customers as a marketing tool, the world would not doubt its value. Today, I'm unlikely to get a Heuer. I'd rather spend some money on an Omega...

By the way, I asked my father to find it for me and send me a picture of the watch on his wrist. what nostalgia looking at it...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 15.45.47-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 15.45.47-min.png
    477.2 KB · Views: 0

$BarHat$

throughout its history, it kind of lost its focus. once with its purchase by LVMH, it seems to have recovered due to the investments made in it.
for the prices Heuer proposes, I would say it's a shame to blame Heuer. It is very affordable for its quality. Other brands charge an extremely high price for similar quality. So I really think it's a good alternative for a reliable watch at an affordable price

Moderatto

opinions are divided about this brand.
many consider it a luxury brand from the lower level.
It produces reliable watches, but could do much better.
Heuer sales are due not so much to the quality of the watches, but to the marketing for which LVMH spends a fortune.
By the way, it was a big mistake when heuer became tag `heuer once the brand was bought by LVMH.
That is when it lost part of its value as a brand.
Since then, the sale of somewhat mediocre watches began, but at a cosmic price. But true watch enthusiasts will confirm that only some models such as Autavia and carrera, and Monaco as well, are the only ones at the forefront of quality and design.
For the rest, advertising works more than quality itself.

Matias

I've never had Tag Heuer watches.
They're not my style, I like something from Monaco and Autavia, but that's all about it.
if I had to choose something with a sporty touch, I would opt for Breitling.
Clearly, authentic watches are more expensive, heuer being more affordable. but if we are talking about rep watches, I think I would find decent alternatives for Heuer. I don't really embrace it as a watch brand...

HorsePower

the brand lost its value as soon as it came under the wing of LVMH. I think it has remained among the brands where the name and reputation from the past work more than namely the quality of the watches. the prices are way too high. there are microbrands' alternatives that do not compromise on quality at all, yet have a more reasonable price

Simposium5338

the prices are a bit inflated for heuer watches. And only when I think that the prices are for sellita mechanisms, I wonder how people still continue to pay so much money for such watches.... HEUER IS KEPT ON THE KNIFE'S EDGE FROM MY POINT OF VIEW. I have the impression that he always cheats and when he understands that the public detects his mistakes, he quickly releases something more or less appreciable tocslm down the spirits...sorry if I'm not right...
alternatives: I don't know what style of watches you are looking for, but as an alternative you can consider B&M Baumatic, maybe Tudor Price Day-Date??? if you are looking for something in this style

dancerINTHEdark

why do you think that if it slightly decreased in quality, it turned into a brand without the trust of its customer database? it seems to me that everything that has changed in HEUER IS JUST THE RESULT OF LVMH'S INVOLVEMENT. And this does not necessarily mean changes in disfavor of the brand. and rather adjustments through the lens of the entire watch huge company that LVMH has... When a hyper-organization has several brands under its management, it is normal for it to break these brands down in different quality lines and for different audiences... .

LVMH has brands for the select niche, it also has brands for the population that cannot afford a superior luxury watch. if I look at it as a whole, I simply see I HEUER a brand THAT ADDRESSES a certain category of audience: those with a slightly above-average income with luxury preferences. for this niche, heuer has very reliable and promising offerings

BusyAsHell

regardless of what people say around here, all the Heuers I've dealt with have performed at the highest level. It is true that the company has undergone many changes, that it has had fuck ups, but who doesn't have them? At the price it offers, Heuer offers very high-quality and promising constructions. The last heuer watch I had to deal with was a Carrera ccalibre 16. A highly reliable automatic guy, with plenty of functions and withstanding quality. I'm not looking at the reputation of the brand, but specifically at the products it offers. FLAW-LESS!!!

At least the brand didn't raise the prices to the sky as IWC did. for plenty of functions, and good design, the prices are very affordable. IWC has set exorbitant prices for a simple BP that is not even a Chrono

Nobbing

Honestly, I'm sorry to see so much hate for this brand. In forums, on YouTube - wherever you look, you find plenty of objections and shortcomings towards this watchmaker.

for my part, I had a few watches from the catalog, namely an Aquaracer Quartz and an F Chrono. And I can say that the disrespectful attitude towards Heuer is, unfortunately, justified. I agree there have been some downgrades in the 90s. But show me a watchmaker that didn't face periods of losing their way along their history.

Moreover, heuer has recovered its position with pretty nice watches over the years that few people talk about. Or, throwing mud and then admitting that you were wrong is easier.

However, something was lost along the way. On the one hand, Heuer accumulated enough experience to reach horological heights, but on the other hand, it started to spend its energy and potential on useless things.

Objectively speaking, the Aquaracer 300 series did not please me much. Notably, the indecision on aperture data was truly pissing me off. the 200 series resonates better with me, especially from the perspective of design language.

Also, I think that trying digital watches was beyond Heuer's capabilities. I mean, I do get that the watchmaker wants to be at the level of world trends, but I think that the prerogative of digital things must go to Apple or Samsung by definition.

Finally, at least what put a lid on everything for me was the Mario Kart line which is an absolute fail for a watchmaker with such a historical background. So, as much as I used to love him, I don't understand him that much anymore. It has so many capacities and huge potential, but all it does is chain seze confused lines, without a well-determined vector. it's like trying a little bit of everything, instead of staying true to a certain big concept.

I loved it, but i don't do anymore and it hurts seeing how it sinks with each new release

Albert

ouch. I know that everyone is a critic in his own right and it is easy to criticize and comment when you are not doing anything better. I follow the peppered comments on Tag heuer in different forums and it shocks me to understand how people ignore the beautiful things that this brand does in terms of watchmaking.

heuer definitely CAN do good watches. I know that many models are not at the level of the competition, but if you look at the women's line, Giosh, I think they are among the most successful models in my opinion. That's what I understood when I was looking for a watch for my sister, no other brand offered me the perfect and calibrated combination between sportiness, enough femininity, not too much sensitivity, as you find in other watches. So, for sure Tag has talent and capabilities.

As for the styling, well, it's a matter of personal preferences. you either resonate with it or not. perhaps ths meant to be that this watcymaker has a more retrans fan group than other watchmakers in the industry.

in the end I chose a SS aqwuaracer with a piunk MOP dial with sparkling diamond hour marker. Impressive combination between fine nobility and sporty vibe, not to mention the 200 m w'proofness. I was alternatively comparing it with a Cartier Tank, but it didn't excite me enough for its lack of sportiness, neither for jogging/running, nor for swimming. So the Tag absolutely nails it in terms of functionality, and my sis really loved it

Long story longer, maybe not all Tag passes are really good compared to the competition. but for sure you can find something suitable and veeeeery reliable