traditional watches or smartwatches?

cheetomargheritto

when digital watches appeared for the first time, I thought I would switch to them fully. I was very impressed by how innovative they were and continue to be and how functional they were. But, over time, the interest in them decreased. Out of 100000000 integrated functions, I use 5-6 maximum. So the rest of them are just "for beauty". NO MATTER HOW FUNCTIONAL THEY ARE, THESE ALREADY DON'T CAPTIVATE ME LIKE THE TRADITIONAL ONES. I NEVER GET TIRED OF THE TRADITIONAL ONES. These look different, feel different, and keep the horological essence in them in every sense of the word. The digital ones are like wearing tiny computers on the wrist. Nothing special in them, especially since the wide functionality in them does not serve me much. So, from my own experience, I appreciate the traditional ones more.

StevenOhio

uuuhhhh... hottie here :D why should there be so many discussions on this topic? why is it so hard to accept both options?! after all, I don't think there is any person who exclusively wears traditional manual watches or only smart ones, unless we are talking about the older generation

If we talk about youth, all young people combine both types of watches. today an iwatch, tomorrow a g-shock, the day after tomorrow a mechanical watch, etc... it all depends on the mood, the lifestyle or the specifics of the day... personally, if I'm not too lazy to charge my smart watch, I wear it on me. if battery is dead, but it's often dead, I put on any watch I have that suits the day in question and mind my own business.

as for watch concepts, both have their place. the smart ones align with technological progress, the mechanical ones honor horology in its original sense. c'est tout

MiracuLuis

traditional watches are the most valuable!!!! I would never change them on smartwatches. I am a watch lover who wears both conventional and smart watches. I know from my own experience that the smart ones get worn quickly in comparison to the traditional ones. it always depends on the charger and the software where you have to update it constantly, it drives me crazy. Also, after aBOUT 9 MONTHS-1 YEAR, they already don't look fresh, millions of sctractes on the display and you don't have many solutions for polishing because the screen is specific.

In a year or two, the smartwatch must be replaced with another one, as it gets out of fashion and it's an old model. it's like using an iphone 6 nowadays when the latest version is 15 already. so smartwatches create a kind of addiction that unconstantly forces you to buy a new and "better" one, even if it is not always better

this never happens with traditional watches

Albert

why does this subject have to be so radical? I wear both autos and smartwatches. whenever I get bored of one, I wear the other. it's normal for the watch industry to evolve and switch to technological advancements. all industries do it. traditional watches will always remain the highest form of horology. but this is no reason for them to notevolve and take the form of smart... and embrace bith types... what. i will never wear is a replica smartwatch... TERRIBLE... TERRIBLE... TERRIBLE quality

Cinar73967

I could never give up mechanical watches in favor of smart ones. however, I admit that I wear smartwatches quite often and feel very comfortable with them. so, my vote goes for both of them. in terms of value, autos or manuals are more valuable to me. smartwatches are just pretty practical for the modern lifestyle