cheap reps. Any chances?

Sunnybunny

hello, fellows,
nice to meet u here. so much interesting information to find out. My question is a pretty modest one. Plenty of users look for expensive reps here, at about 1,000 $. it's a huge amount of money for me, to b honest. I love watches pretty much. But, don't have many of them. usually, I get myself affordable watches to wear daily. now, I'm thinking of some reps. But, from what I see in the market, the prices are from 150$ to 1k. My question is: is there any chance of a cheap rep to be more or less reliable in quality terms?
The point is that I can't afford expensive watches at the moment. 200$ is the maximum I can afford. But, I'm afraid I will get trash instead of a watch. What are your perspectives about cheap reps? is it worth getting one? And if yes, where do I find one to be of pretty good quality?
if it matters, you should know that I don't plan to wear it for more than 1-2 years, as I'm sure I will want another piece soon. Still, I wouldn't like to throw the money away and I'd like to have a pretty decent rep. Are there any chances to get quality with cheap-priced reps?
Thanks for any advice

carRacer638854

chances are low, but they still are....
some dealers have in stock models that haven't been sold for some reasons. the reps are pretty good, and the seller decides to cut prices just to get rid of them, as factories provide them with new iterations. And to not just keep them in stock, dealers sell them at pretty cheap prices. the question here is to How to catch such offers?! that's what is going to be the most challenging for u

also, I'd suggest to focus of Rolex reps. factories make them more frequently than other brands' imitations. the rep market is oversaturated with those and chances are to get reduced prices and pretty nice quality. find a good dealer and he will let you know when to catch such a chance

and also, don't have high expectations from a cheap rep!

"cheap"- how cheap???!!!
this term means differently for everyone here...
some might find a 500$ watch cheap, while others see it extremely pricey

if you mean 150-200 $ for a rep, you can expect everything from it. it can be lighter than the gen, a bit different in its design than the gen model and a life span of about one year. it can function and longer, but most probably, its look won't allow you to wear it. if you are ok with all these aspects, than good for you.

but!!! with a good dealer, you can get not the best one, but a decent rep. you should not look for complicated watches. those can't be cheap, unless their quality is a total crap. for a cheap watch don' opt for gold covering.it will fade away very soon. and dont get manually wound reps. better get quartz. these are cheap and pretty reliable in most cases.
and just like @carRacer638854 said, you dont expect much from them!

YuliusMeinl

when I got my first Hublot rep, I spent 170$ for it, if a recall well. it was some 7 years ago I thought it was a fortune for those times.now when I look at the rep industry, I think "ih god, how cheap it is" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
either way, the watch served 4 years. it still was running actually, but I stopped wearing it because I just got bored of the model and of the watch in general. I got myself some new pieces instead
cheap reps aren't as bad actually, if you make the things right
don't wear them near water, under no circumstances. they are likely to condensate inside the dial and the mechanism. also, dont take a mechanical one, here I totally agree with @MirrorHope
quartz mechanism are cheaper and pretty reliable to begin with
take care of it properly, service it regularly, the watch repair shop should constantly il it properly to keep it in funcrion

the point is tat a cheap watch can do, but you have to take particular care of it as its materials, mechanism and the entire construction is made by cheaper materials and can crack easily
when u grow up financially, get yourself a good one))

PpiroJookK88735

issues u can expect from a cheap rep:
-some features can be frozen. chronographs for example;
-watches can be might lightweight than gen, because of the poor materials;
-gold coating and lume coating fades away quickly;
-the rep looks cheap on the whole because of not-fully stainless steel construction. for example, pushers, crown, hands and other details are made from something reminding like plastic;
-acrylic crystal instead of sapphire;
-possible shortages in functioning. less probable in quartz mechanisms.
-gems on the dial or bezels are also like plastic and they are likely to fall off.

benefits for a cheap rep with:
-cheap price;
-when u get bored with it, you just buy another one;
-you don't lose much money when u buy from a scam store.

P.S: these are only probabilities, and not the absolute thruth. if u are ok with them, then get yourself a cheap rep without any worry :)

petrucho^^

-the rep looks cheap on the whole because of not-fully stainless steel construction. for example, pushers, crown, hands and other details are made from something reminding like plastic;
-gems on the dial or bezels are also like plastic and they are likely to fall off.

-cheap price;

P.S: these are only probabilities, and not the absolute thruth. if u are ok with them, then get yourself a cheap rep without any worry :)
couldn't explain better!!!

and u know? sometimes, you can get a great cheap rep, even better than an expensive one. plenty of people here have paid hundred of dollars to get at the end a piece of trash... so u never know how luck smiles to u. so, chances are...

###IcySpicY###

to get a more or less reliable rep, just keep away from complicated watches with millions of functions and complications.. those for sure can't be cheap. and if they are, they are of plastic and poorly functional
a cheap rep can be acceptable when you get something clean, minimalist. here u got an example below, just to get what I mean...
the point is that nothing can go wrong in such a rep. clean dial, quartz mechanism, leather strap and... cheap enough

if it's a cheap chronograph you are looking for, forget about it, you'll only waste your money, time, and nerves

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 17.09.47.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 17.09.47.png
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 0

Karim

to get a reliable rep, it's better to spend a little more money, all she cheap reps I interacted with, looked.... cheap.... save some money better, and get yourself a 400-500 AAA-grade, which is not too cheap and not too expensive for a rep. but, st least, chances are to get a pretty good one. just think of it, you plan to get yourself a "brand" watch. so, it has to look like brand. to get such, you'll have to pay more than just 150... for that money, you'll get a functional quartz watch, but it will be so obvious that it's a rep... why would u want this?!

if money is unreal to save, better get a genuine affordable watch. `invite, Casio, Tissot: why aren't these comforting u? very promising quality for good money.... is it really necessary to take the risk with reps?! I'd think twice...

Sunnybunny

"cheap"- how cheap???!!!
this term means differently for everyone here...
some might find a 500$ watch cheap, while others see it extremely pricey

if you mean 150-200 $ for a rep, you can expect everything from it. it can be lighter than the gen, a bit different in its design than the gen model and a life span of about one year. it can function and longer, but most probably, its look won't allow you to wear it. if you are ok with all these aspects, than good for you.

but!!! with a good dealer, you can get not the best one, but a decent rep. you should not look for complicated watches. those can't be cheap, unless their quality is a total crap. for a cheap watch don' opt for gold covering.it will fade away very soon. and dont get manually wound reps. better get quartz. these are cheap and pretty reliable in most cases.
and just like @carRacer638854 said, you dont expect much from them!
yeah, I was thinking about smth around 200$...

thanks for the advice!!!!

Sunnybunny

when I got my first Hublot rep, I spent 170$ for it, if a recall well. it was some 7 years ago I thought it was a fortune for those times.now when I look at the rep industry, I think "ih god, how cheap it is" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
either way, the watch served 4 years. it still was running actually, but I stopped wearing it because I just got bored of the model and of the watch in general. I got myself some new pieces instead
cheap reps aren't as bad actually, if you make the things right
don't wear them near water, under no circumstances. they are likely to condensate inside the dial and the mechanism. also, dont take a mechanical one, here I totally agree with @MirrorHope
quartz mechanism are cheaper and pretty reliable to begin with
take care of it properly, service it regularly, the watch repair shop should constantly il it properly to keep it in funcrion

the point is tat a cheap watch can do, but you have to take particular care of it as its materials, mechanism and the entire construction is made by cheaper materials and can crack easily
when u grow up financially, get yourself a good one))
thanks for the suggestions..... considering your Hublot rep and its 4 years service, and its 170$, that would be about 230$ nowadays, with inflations and stuff😁😁😁 so, still got a chance)))

I don't like expect too much from them. it's ok if they do what they have to do: show time. didn't even think of getting smth complicated. a time-only piece would be enough for me. and thanks for the quartz insight. didn't know these were more utilitarian...πŸ‘

Sunnybunny

-cheap price;

thanks. that' one of the reasons I'm afraid to get an expensive rep: I'm afraid getting scammed. and better lose 200 bucks than 800, right?
also, good point about the boring aspect πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

after all, do u personally think it's not worth getting a cheap rep, considering the few benefits?

Sunnybunny

to get a more or less reliable rep, just keep away from complicated watches with millions of functions and complications.. those for sure can't be cheap. and if they are, they are of plastic and poorly functional
a cheap rep can be acceptable when you get something clean, minimalist. here u got an example below, just to get what I mean...
the point is that nothing can go wrong in such a rep. clean dial, quartz mechanism, leather strap and... cheap enough

if it's a cheap chronograph you are looking for, forget about it, you'll only waste your money, time, and nerves
thank you, will consider that!!!!

DoctorWHO

yeah, got your pointπŸ‘ only that the "Rolex" or"omega"inscription on the dial looks so fantastic and attractive.... 🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠
agree, it does...
but, don't u think people will spot it's a fake? cheap reps are so obvious in being fake, so what's the point then?!
alternatively, you can get a cheap rep, test it (let us know the outcome πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚) and also get a cheap gen to have no issues (in case your rep has). if the budget is limited, take advantage from your birthday πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ there must be some friends asking u "what do u want for your birthday?"πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ so, it's a good occasion to ask for a normal watch 😁 the money you saved, let them go for your so desired rep 😁

CuriousGeorge

cheap might be good for very veeeeery simple models, and on quartz mechanism.
I personally have a Tissot Tradition T063.610.16.038.00 replica.
and before buying it, I had the same doubts as you, and everyone told me I was an idiot, wanting to get a replica. I'm still happy that I took it, and I paid for it no more than around $120 .

it by nature can't be more expensive either. the model is quite simple and there's nothing complicated to replicate in it. only a round case, a date, and a guilloche pattern. this is the most complex thing about this watch. Of course, then I would have wanted to get an AP Royal Oak, but the replicas were much too expensive for me. and this $120 that I had (including the delivery) was all I could afford in those times.

I wanna tell you that the imitation is very good, I still have it now. very well processed, with an impeccable finish and a dial very close to the original.

don't get involved in complex constructions if you want to spend less and have satisfactory quality🀌🫑

ArnoldTHEgreat

I got myself a pretty cheap omega 1,5 years ago. asian movement, 316 steel, mineral glass, and some minor design errors like incorrect engraving on the dial, and a different font for the engraving on the caseback. these were the errors I got with an 130$ rep.

now, this price is considered very cheap, but I can say that the watch worked and still works. it only has some errors in precision, runs with +8 sec ahead, but I think it's because of the battery that needs to be changed. until now, it always worked decently....

so, don't stress... people seem to be crazy about the idea that expensive=quality. do your own testing and get a cheap rep.

Racrought

Hi friend. Your post felt so sad and I understand what you feel. Of course, the money range is different for everybody and unfortunately, a lot of people forget that for some people even replicas can be too expensive to have. The is hope!

Yes, I can't say lie, it is a little bit harder to find a good watch that is going to cost $200. This is not because they are not available, there are plenty of such watches but finding which one is the best one among watches that cost $200 is the difference. In comparison with high-quality AAA reps or reps that are clones, $200 watches are easier to spot that are fake. You don't even need to be a professional to know it. You need just some additional knowledge that you get over the years.

Is this a hurry for you? Do you need it right now? If you can wait for a couple of months, I can recommend you, wait and save money. Save money to go for a watch that at least costs $500. Meanwhile, do your homework and search for the model that you really want and the provider that can offer you this model.

FleurDeLis

unfortunately, you have to understand that in the cheap replicas, the materials are not exactly qualitative. think that the factories must also have income from them. If a replica watch costs $150, the cost per se is probably around $60. the rest is the commission for the pay outs, logistics, production technique blah blah... and how high quality can a $60 watch be? if you are ok with a lower quality, then u can give it a try.

to encourage you, I have come across horrible imitations that cost a fortune. it is not excluded that there are also very expensive replicas but with the same quality as the cheap ones.

limit yourself to models that are easy to imitate. with these, the probability that they have an acceptable quality is higher.

peGASus4338#!

as a die-hard watch lover for whom "the simpler the better" is the main motto about watches, I declare with all possible seriousness πŸ˜‚: IT'S NOT A GOLDEN RULE FOR A CHEAP WATCh TO BE TRASH!! 🀌🀌🀌

all the reps i got are far from being expensive. i can't afford spending fortunes on watches. I love them but still, I have family to feed home, so I buy them reasonably.
If you want a cheap watch, choose one without a lot of twists and turns in it. clean dial, without complications, quartz. in short, all what you were told before are great points to consider 🀌🀌🀌🀌
and one more thing, avoid gold elements and bezels studded with stones. the simpler the better. stones will fall, if it is a cheap watch. in short, I hope you get the idea. the simpler the better for your expectations!!