cheap reps. Any chances?

JL$4k029

if my 3 pennies matter, know that it is not necessary to spend a fortune for a good replica watch.
the recommendations that were given to you are very correct: you need a quartz mechanism, a design as minimalist as possible and devoid of thousands of functions, and a clean steel, without combinations of gold coating.

From a cheap replica watch, you can expect the following:
- it will definitely not be water resistant. And don't believe the dealers who will convince you otherwise. Moreover, cheap watches are sensitive even to humidity, and you can see traces of condensation if you keep them in a humid room.
- they may be poorly lubricated. I would recommend that you get it serviced as soon as you receive it. Tell the expert to lubricate the entire mechanism inside with special solutions, for reliable operation.
- Pay attention to the crown. don't overdo it with the spinning back and forth. It could break quickly. So a cheap imitation is quite fragile, that's why you have to be very careful with it, because it is prone to quick damage. but, still, it can last for a while, until you have a higher quality one

Racrought

if my 3 pennies matter, know that it is not necessary to spend a fortune for a good replica watch.
the recommendations that were given to you are very correct: you need a quartz mechanism, a design as minimalist as possible and devoid of thousands of functions, and a clean steel, without combinations of gold coating.

From a cheap replica watch, you can expect the following:
- it will definitely not be water resistant. And don't believe the dealers who will convince you otherwise. Moreover, cheap watches are sensitive even to humidity, and you can see traces of condensation if you keep them in a humid room.
- they may be poorly lubricated. I would recommend that you get it serviced as soon as you receive it. Tell the expert to lubricate the entire mechanism inside with special solutions, for reliable operation.
- Pay attention to the crown. don't overdo it with the spinning back and forth. It could break quickly. So a cheap imitation is quite fragile, that's why you have to be very careful with it, because it is prone to quick damage. but, still, it can last for a while, until you have a higher quality one
Yes, this is true but actually there a lot of dots here...
the details are accurate and you described it very well. Even so, some details, minimal and no functions don't make a cheap rep good. Cheap reps have a big problem related to their work. They don't think about quality as AAA or clones do.
This means that it doesn't actually matter how many functions it has or what kind of type you chose, the final result can be bad.

It is possible to find a good one, but it can be good just apparently. It is hard to go with this subject. there are a lot of thing to consider and to calculate. Still, you never know what you are going to got!

Eddie

so many recommendations to get a cheap rep watch... what recommendations would you have for an expensive one 😁😁😁?

pls forgive me, I don't mean to offend you in any way, but why don't you try to raise your standards a bit? why do you think a cheap rep is all you deserve? I understand that money is an effort for you. but in your case, a cheap rep watch is more of a waste of money than an economy.

the chances of getting a cheap crap watch are very high. respectively, it is not excluded that in a few months, or even weeks, you will want to have a good one, that looks better, works better, etc. and you will spend one more time for a rep watch, plus you will be tired and disappointed by the first one. respectively you will pay double.
maybe you can resist a little, save some money and get yourself something decent. it's just a suggestion, don't take it for granted!

WatchOut

don't fool yourself) you don't want a cheap watch. You want a GOOD watch!!! think long term, not short term! give yourself a gift and get yourself a decent rep! 🀌

Racrought

so many recommendations to get a cheap rep watch... what recommendations would you have for an expensive one 😁😁😁?

pls forgive me, I don't mean to offend you in any way, but why don't you try to raise your standards a bit? why do you think a cheap rep is all you deserve? I understand that money is an effort for you. but in your case, a cheap rep watch is more of a waste of money than an economy.

the chances of getting a cheap crap watch are very high. respectively, it is not excluded that in a few months, or even weeks, you will want to have a good one, that looks better, works better, etc. and you will spend one more time for a rep watch, plus you will be tired and disappointed by the first one. respectively you will pay double.
maybe you can resist a little, save some money and get yourself something decent. it's just a suggestion, don't take it for granted!
there are different situations here, and you cant judge. The one thing that i have learned over years and over time is that you can't even know all the story behind it. I'm sure that maybe the person here is not telling us everything that we should know. The second thing that im sure about is that the person that wrote this post for sure knows that the best reps require some investments.
i don't think that there are genuine people here wanting to go with cheap reps even if they have money for an expensive one, this is just some things that they can do for now.

better is to just respond to the question and to offer info that they asked for.. not going into details that the person didn't ask to.

CosmoS

nice to meet u 😁 cheap reps last up to 1 year. within this period, they wear off to such an extent that it gets impossible to look at... Sherlock or Watson, IT'S ELEMNTARY 🀌😁😁
any real proof, pro?! otherwise, there's too much nonsense talking in here... πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

Racrought

nice to meet u 😁 cheap reps last up to 1 year. within this period, they wear off to such an extent that it gets impossible to look at... Sherlock or Watson, IT'S ELEMNTARY 🀌😁😁
it doesnt matter the long or short term or whatever the fuck term. GOOOOOOD!
Maybe he knows about it, maybe it is a good thing for him and he accepted it.
ANOTHER TIME>>> REPORTING IT ALL OVER AGAIN: the person is not stupid and he knows that AAA reps are the best! NO body wants to have bad thigs and cheap things at all!!!!! IT is what you can accept at the moment! Go with it, it is okay for now. WHAT IS ACTUALLY THE PROBLEM>???? There are always going to be people that are able to just with cheap reps. Maybe not for a long time, maybe in the future is going to change but accept this. There are people that can only afford this kind of reps. Period!

MinervuS

sorry guys, on the same page with @WatchOut here!!!!!!
if you don't try a good thing, you have no way of knowing what a bad thing is like. it will seem to you that all the craps are of acceptable quality.

Set yourself a high standard and look for things as close as possible to it. You just wouldn't like everyone around to realize that you're actually carrying some cheap shit on your hand, would you? the world judges by the watch, the bag, the phone, the accessories you wear. Fortunately or unfortunately, but this is the reality. And when they look at the cheap watch on your hand, they don't really think that "the poor guy can't afford it". Rather, they think that "well, this is his level and his standard" and automatically label you as a "so so personality", in the best case!

It hurts, I know. but it's not that dramatic to go from a $100 watch that looks like a toy designed as a watch to a $300 one that already looks quite acceptable and closer to the truth πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

Greg_B

if you don't try a good thing, you have no way of knowing what a bad thing is like. it will seem to you that all the craps are of acceptable quality.

Set yourself a high standard and look for things as close as possible to it. You just wouldn't like everyone around to realize that you're actually carrying some cheap shit on your hand, would you? the world judges by the watch, the bag, the phone, the accessories you wear. Fortunately or unfortunately, but this is the reality. And when they look at the cheap watch on your hand, they don't really think that "the poor guy can't afford it". Rather, they think that "well, this is his level and his standard" and automatically label you as a "so so personality", in the best case!

It hurts, I know. but it's not that dramatic to go from a $100 watch that looks like a toy designed as a watch to a $300 one that already looks quite acceptable and closer to the truth πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–
no no no!!!! not true!!!! if you know what to get and where from to get, chances are that the rep will serve pretty reliably!!!!
take for example the DG2813 mechanism. its cost is around $7 per unit. a rep with such a movement will not cost more than $200 for sure. Though is a fairly resistant mechanism, and very easy to repair and to dump in general. don't be confused by the inscription on it saying that its J21; in fact they operate on the basis of 23 jewels. as a general rule, these are low-beat with 21,600vph. but, you can't say it's a really tragic index of operation.

you only have to find a watch with an acceptable case and voila - you have a replica that is quite cheap and technically quite ok

VioletteLonGoRIA

from my experience, if you want a cheap watch, better exclude complicated models, without stones, nor too complicated functions. for these to be qualitative, they must be expensive.

Racrought

what do you mean seems to us like craps are of acceptable quality?
it is not about this that we are talking about here actually. the thing is that a lot of people that are going for cheaper watches know that they are cheap for a reason, you think that people that can afford only cheap watches want this and don't want a higher standard????

if you say so then this means that all of us here are fools and idiots.
HEY, YOU GUYSSSSS ALL OF USSS NEED TO GET A HIGHER STANDARD< ENOUGH WITH REPLICAS GO GENUINE ONLY!!!!!!
This is the message that you actually send here.
Different prices in replicas exist because of this fact because there are different people that can afford different prices for watches.
If you look closely, the same thing happens in the world of genuine watches.
There are watches from the same exact brand that costs 10 times less and there are watches that cost hundreds of thousands.
So, please do not go with the crap like go with a higher standard. in this case, this means that you need to go with a higher standard too, and just switch to only genuine. Why is the reason that you don't do that? Let me guess:unsure: money?
EXACTLY!

MCGregor

no no no!!!! not true!!!! if you know what to get and where from to get, chances are that the rep will serve pretty reliably!!!!
take for example the DG2813 mechanism. its cost is around $7 per unit. a rep with such a movement will not cost more than $200 for sure. Though is a fairly resistant mechanism, and very easy to repair and to dump in general. don't be confused by the inscription on it saying that its J21; in fact they operate on the basis of 23 jewels. as a general rule, these are low-beat with 21,600vph. but, you can't say it's a really tragic index of operation.

you only have to find a watch with an acceptable case and voila - you have a replica that is quite cheap and technically quite ok
great point here!!!!

and I am FOR an affordable replica!!!!!!. First of all, why spend so much money for an expensive rep, if with a little effort, you can afford a pre-wned one, which is much more viable?
Secondly, all those proposing expensive reps here end up transforming the replica industry into a true luxury industry!!! That's the point of a rep: to be more affordable in terms of price, but not cost more than $1k! And there are many dealers who offer decent replicas on the market. the problem is not IF it exists! the problem is WHERE to find them. this is a real challenge in this industry. and yes, there are quite affordable and good mechanisms that don't necessarily cost a fortune. ! so @Sunnybunny , don't listen to those who shove 1k imitations down your throat, because it's not worth it. leave them with their standards! you, in turn, take what you can afford and enjoy it!

Cacktoos

greatly said @MCGregor and @Greg_B!!!
most dealers just take advantage of fancy names to turn a cheap replica watch into a 1K one. so. it is not the case to fall into the trap of those who sell replicas for over 1K, supposing that these are identical. that is, they really look good and are of good quality. but ALSO THE ACCESSIBLE REPS still look and work quite qualitative. if you want a rep for your collection or for the long term, maybe it's worth spending that much money, but if the goal is just to enjoy it for a certain period of time, believe me, it's very reasonable to opt for something affordable

DomPerignon

the possibility of a cheap rep being extremely good is very small, but it still exists. the fact that a rep watch is cheap does not mean that it is also of poor quality.
a lot depends here on which watch you choose. a rolex rep can be expensive just because it's a rolex, not necessarily to be ultra-mega-super quality. A good technical profile for a rolex rep is estimated at about $600-700 (more or less). A rep with the same technical profile and quality standard but of a brand, say Jaeger leCoultre, will cost you more or less, $250. So it depends a lot on how reputable the brand behind your replica watch is. if you opt for replicas, not necessarily from the most recognized brands such as rolex, omega, heuer, you have a better chance of having something affordable, yet quality-wise

$BarHat$

I've had expensive reps, I've had cheap reps. I had experiences when the expensive reps turned out to be shit, and the cheap ones performed surprisingly well. I also had experiences when the cheap replicas performed...... cheaply. it depends on the release, the factory, the model. but in no case does everything depend on the price.

to briefly answer your question: yes, chances are. but it can kill your nerves until you find a trusted dealer who can offer you acceptable quality for a moderate price.

Moderatto

if I were u, a long time ago I would have bought 2 rep watches, one cheap and one expensive, and I would have left the review for both just right here 😁😁

Matias

I hope the picture shows the condition of the rep. this is the first patek I bought some few years ago. I knew nothing about the replica industry and had no idea that there were different categories of watch quality. and I had this patek for $120. it's pretty cheap, I say. A quality and reliable knockoff nowadays can be over $600. As you can see, the rep has a pretty good finish, grade 316 steel, reliable clasp on the bracelet, the horizontal pattern on the dial looks pretty decent. The only complaint about this rep was the lume coating on the hands and indexes. it didn't even last 2 months. most probably, there was a single layer of the lume made of who knows what material. the dealer had told me then that it was Superluminova and I, like a fool, believed him πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Either way, that's what i got with a cheap replica watch. you already know the pluses, As for the minuses minuses, it was lighter than the authentic watch, besides the disadvantage with the lume coating. otherwise, a fairly decent rep. so you havereal chance)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 15.27.35.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 15.27.35.png
    608.6 KB · Views: 0

YupyLuk

I hope the picture shows the condition of the rep. this is the first patek I bought some few years ago. I knew nothing about the replica industry and had no idea that there were different categories of watch quality. and I had this patek for $120. it's pretty cheap, I say. A quality and reliable knockoff nowadays can be over $600. As you can see, the rep has a pretty good finish, grade 316 steel, reliable clasp on the bracelet, the horizontal pattern on the dial looks pretty decent. The only complaint about this rep was the lume coating on the hands and indexes. it didn't even last 2 months. most probably, there was a single layer of the lume made of who knows what material. the dealer had told me then that it was Superluminova and I, like a fool, believed him πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Either way, that's what i got with a cheap replica watch. you already know the pluses, As for the minuses minuses, it was lighter than the authentic watch, besides the disadvantage with the lume coating. otherwise, a fairly decent rep. so you havereal chance)
you may have been among the lucky few... now for $100 you can't really find decent reps