Rep, ruined my watch perception!

Wervelf

I also I have experienced the disappointment of replica watches, even if my first reps were very good. in this industry, everything is possible. you can easily go from loving to hating watches, as well as vice versa. so everything passes. you will find the right rep for you
This is true my friend.
There is one thing that all people that go for replicas should understand, they are never going to be perfect. At least it is extremely hard to find every time, over and over again watches that are perfect. no!
this doesn't mean that you should give up, just keep digging. This is a big and long process of learning and gaining experience. This actually applies to all the things out there.. this is life!

MCGregor

calm down dear friend!!!
you could have had the same disappointment with any original watch, believe me. it was exactly my case. I was crazy about the Tudor Prince Oysterdate. It seemed to me that I would never want another watch if I had this one. And we didn't even accept other models, because I thought this was the most perfect. Until the day when my family decided to give me a present for my jubilee, and gave me the pre-owned Tudor Prince Oysterdate model. Of course, at first I couldn't get enough of happiness. A month passed, 2 passed. And the conflict between me and my watch began: the proportions began to drive me crazy. the 34mm was lost under my sleeve, the face invisible under any clothes. the dial turned out to be too small, even for my rather narrow wrist. I don't deny, it was very readable, even with the 34mm. But the date window with cyclops lens seemed to me excessively enormous in relation to the dial and its case. Long story short, I simply DID NOT RESONATE WITH THIS WATCH. I later gave it to my father.
Disappointment does not always come because the watch is an imitation. It can come across as simply not resonating. and to find that out, you have to wear it. At a distance, I would never have thought that this Tudor would not give me long-term satisfaction. So take your time for a respire and come back on track. 🙃

Wervelf

calm down dear friend!!!
you could have had the same disappointment with any original watch, believe me. it was exactly my case. I was crazy about the Tudor Prince Oysterdate. It seemed to me that I would never want another watch if I had this one. And we didn't even accept other models, because I thought this was the most perfect. Until the day when my family decided to give me a present for my jubilee, and gave me the pre-owned Tudor Prince Oysterdate model. Of course, at first I couldn't get enough of happiness. A month passed, 2 passed. And the conflict between me and my watch began: the proportions began to drive me crazy. the 34mm was lost under my sleeve, the face invisible under any clothes. the dial turned out to be too small, even for my rather narrow wrist. I don't deny, it was very readable, even with the 34mm. But the date window with cyclops lens seemed to me excessively enormous in relation to the dial and its case. Long story short, I simply DID NOT RESONATE WITH THIS WATCH. I later gave it to my father.
Disappointment does not always come because the watch is an imitation. It can come across as simply not resonating. and to find that out, you have to wear it. At a distance, I would never have thought that this Tudor would not give me long-term satisfaction. So take your time for a respire and come back on track. 🙃
totally agree, i had the same situation with one of Casio's models. The genuine version was absolutely what i didn't expect at all, cant say that i was happy about it. when i was analyzing the model in the photos, i thought that the model that i see seemed for me so perfect that i can totally imagine myself full of love and appreciation toward this model.
I was waiting for that model for so long and just couldnt wait to see it and wear it.
when it arrived it wasnt that good, i didn't like the real color in reality, the color in the photos seemed to be much better, but even the size, this size which i didnt expect to be that bad on mine. I have had the same size on other brands but due to this model's style seemed that it had a bigger size.
I love big watches, really love them but i can tell you for sure, that this was that moment when i realized that you should totally go and check the watch in real life before buying it. i apply this technique to genuine watches. When you wear it and you can see it in real life, you can totally tell if the model is for you, if not.. just avoid it.
The replica models can create even more problems actually, you can never try them and when you go for some models that you never had, you can find yourself in this situation, this is why replica is not perfect, you are discovering the world of watches.
i always think about replica watches as going on an adventure. you start an interesting journey and you can discover something new, just need to take it easy.

Cacktoos

+1 here) @Wervelf

it is never excluded to be deeply disappointed with genuine watches as well. I had a similar situation with citizen eco-drive watches. it seemed to me that they last forever, if their solar charging system is promoted so much. but that was until I interacted with them directly. if you have an eco-drive, you have to carry it ALWSYS ON THE WRIST and forget about the other watches you have. this is because you always have to wear it to accumulate the necessary energy for operation. I used to get mad when I found it unloaded only after a few days kept in the closet. and to be honest, I came to the conclusion that the capacitor is defunct, because the watch always needs energy and if you don't provide it, it's always in low battery power mode.
in short, the message is that it can happen with ANY WATCH, not necessarily a rep. so you have every chance to regain trust in them ;)

Onfew19

this is true guys...
@Wervelf @Cacktoos you made me remember my situation with Tudor watches, with the genuine versions.
it got so strange that after some models, i got one new, that i saw it before just saw a photo of it on their official deal, and went so weird... felt like something is wrong when i received it ..
this was the moment when i remembered that you should never underestimate the power of Photoshop.
the model looked so different from the picture that i have seen. a totally different appearance, a totally different shape and i cant even talk about the colors...
this was such a big disappointment for me.. you know the feeling.. it is the worst feeling ever..
when you expect a watch... when you want it so bad, when you all you do is to think about the day that it is going to arrive, when you feel like that watch is going to be a king, when you imagine wearing it and making the best impressions, and you count the days till you are going to receive it and in the end, you just receive something totally different.
you paid money for it and it is not what you wanted, all of this is ruined in just one second..
so yes.. you never know what can bring you happiness and what can bring you disappointment. some of the genuine models can make you sad while i had situations when the replica models that i got were 10 times better than i expected, that is the best feeling ever.

Fornamessits

what is actually true is that i have never experienced something like you.
it is not that i had a lot of genuine watches before, but at least does that i had never disappointed myself.
i can't even imagine what you felt and how did it look for you.
judging by all the stories here, i understand that there is a good possibility that I'm going to love replica watches soon.
Maybe some of you already have seen that i started looking for some models and i really hope that soon I'm going to find the one that i love and that is going to make me understand the good part of the replica watches.

Wervelf

what is actually true is that i have never experienced something like you.
it is not that i had a lot of genuine watches before, but at least does that i had never disappointed myself.
i can't even imagine what you felt and how did it look for you.
judging by all the stories here, i understand that there is a good possibility that I'm going to love replica watches soon.
Maybe some of you already have seen that i started looking for some models and i really hope that soon I'm going to find the one that i love and that is going to make me understand the good part of the replica watches.
this happens all the time. you are lucky if you have never been disappointed by a genuine watch. maybe this is good maybe not . even so, there is a lesson that you should get out of it, you should never think that there isn't going to be a thing able to disappoint you. there is always something.
it is good that you started to go with replicas and really hope that you find the one that you love.
im pretty sure that soon you are going to be surprised by some good reps.

Fornamessits

this happens all the time. you are lucky if you have never been disappointed by a genuine watch. maybe this is good maybe not . even so, there is a lesson that you should get out of it, you should never think that there isn't going to be a thing able to disappoint you. there is always something.
it is good that you started to go with replicas and really hope that you find the one that you love.
im pretty sure that soon you are going to be surprised by some good reps.
I understand this, I suppose that the fact that I actually had just genuine, and all of them were really good created something like a trigger in my mind. I was used to it! For me was impossible to have a watch that has something bad about it.
Now that I know that there are things like bad genuines too, or disappointment.. for sure there is a thing that I have to rethink..
I'm trying to go on with replicas, and I'm not going to do the same exact error. I'm not going to expect to have a good replica , I know that there is a really long and hard path to pass.

Wervelf

I understand this, I suppose that the fact that I actually had just genuine, and all of them were really good created something like a trigger in my mind. I was used to it! For me was impossible to have a watch that has something bad about it.
Now that I know that there are things like bad genuines too, or disappointment.. for sure there is a thing that I have to rethink..
I'm trying to go on with replicas, and I'm not going to do the same exact error. I'm not going to expect to have a good replica , I know that there is a really long and hard path to pass.
the good thing to go with and to start with which is totally normal.
yep, shit can happen all the time, but you need to accept it and go on. trust me you are going to love replicas as much as you love your genuine watches. it is enough to find a good one, a good replica, or a good clone to change your mine about it.

Grigio

you seem so fragile))))) no offense please, just tryin to cheer u up actually) the replica hobby is about research, patience, trusted deslers that you don't find very easily and about risks) keep in mind that you only pay in around $150-300 for a watch that actually costs $30,000-100,000. there are bound to be certain pitfalls that you only learn about during the experience you accumulate in this hobby. my recommendation is to buy from reputable manufacturers. if you see someone with a good replica, ask for their contacts and order from the same dealer!
as for the rest, everything passes, this too shall pass)

GeorgeClintonBiden

))) this is what happens when people have too high expectations and want top quality for little money.... no offense, i'm really tryin to be nice here... but how can you expect top quality for little money?????

actually, the quality of replica watches is not bad at all. I have seen fairly identical replicas that you can hardly find flws and differences compared to the authetic models. it means that the watch you purchased is not of superior quality and you got a mediocre one. now the question is: how much research did you do before buying it? how many dealers did you compare? probably none...

this is the reality of mediocre life. and I'm glad you came to it to see how different it is from the one you had until now; and not because I'm mean or rude, but because that's what is going to make you stronger... with the fragility you show, I'm afraid that not only replica watches will disappoint you, but everything that "life" means as well. in our life, everything is about struggle and caution. and the faster you understand this, the faster you will adapt...
that's it, as a friendly advice

RoyaInk

strange that you had such high expectations from the replica industry... it's an unofficial industry, many consider it illegal... what did you expect? Honestly, I think that your experience with your replica watch is just a final drop. You say you changed your life. You must have experienced drastic changes in all aspects. So, your rep watch was just the icing on the cake that made you explode...

Be strong, that's what today's world demands. Adapt and when you fit into the real world, without fancy tendencies, you will discover that, like in any other industry, there are good replicas and bad replicas... you just have to look carefully and limit your expectations.

salmeari

I think that anyone who would switch from authentic luxury goods to replica ones would feel disappointed! and I think that this refers not only to luxury watches, but to any good material such as bags, perfumes, fake shoes, etc.!!! SORRY FOR THE QUESNTION: BUT WHAT DID YOU EXPECT FROM A $400 WATCH vs a $20,000 one????? Not blaming, but I think you are overreacting. You couldn't expect an imitation to meet your expectations like a gen watch does. Besides, I think that even the best replica watch ever would have caused you the same reaction, because after all, it is a replica!!! So, it's not about the watch here, but more about changing the standards... well, welcome to the real world dude! here we all live with a low standard, and it's nothing terrible about! somehow we resist, and u should adapt also. that will challenge u to grow on your own!

Ethan

ouch, was just thinking about getting my first rep and here you come with this "first impression review"... i assume that your expectations were too high and that's why the disappointment turned out to be so big.... switching to low standard goods after being part of the noble world has no way to feel good i guess..... though, your experience makes me think, u know?!

TesaLLiuM8565

sorry for the question: what did you expect? )) no offense, truly) but in the end, a rep watch is more about a counterfeit industry) I'm sorry for your experience, it was a big disappointment i guess. but I'm sure that this made you stronger, less naive, and more connected to the real world, which is different from the world you've lived in until now....

I think that in the meantime, you managed to get over other disappointments as well, right? because it is not about the quality of the reps; with a good dealer, you could have found a good rep watch. It's more about high expectations and the difference between high standards and the life of an mere mortal) don't worry) if you look in perspective, that makes you stronger))

Eugene

just move on... many more disappointments await you in real life, and reps are just a drop in the ocean...

first of all, i guess you didn't find the right dealer... draw conclusions and try to understand what went wrong the first time... secondly, tell me, did you really expect an imitation to be at the same level like a gen? if you got used to luxury as a small child, it's hard to switch to usual life stndard... tbh, I think you suffer more from a complex transition period than from the rep watch... some therapy might be useful if you feel too much pressure...

BusyAsHell

I don't understand the idea of having big expectations... we are already grownups and it's time to understand that an online purchase requires research and involves various risks... sometimes, a cheap replica watch looks and works just as well as a high-end one copy. other times, u can get a crap as the rep is impossible to wear it on the wrist cause of its poor quality... so the rep industry is not the place to have high expectations from... you have to be prepared for any outcome... as for your big dissapopintment, c'mon; "ruining watch perception" are far too exaggerated words

StevenOhio

is this a reason for disappointment?! how have you lived until now, sorry for the question... if such an experience disappointed you to death, how do you plan to face the reality you found yourself in?! c'mon, cheer up, it's not all that bad. this experience served as a lesson from which you will learn how to find a TD and have a good watch... although I think you will never want to have a rep again :D

after all, the replica watch hobby is not for everyone) a solution would be to never get a rep watch again and stick better to microbrands that also have plenty of decent options to offer) welcome to the real life dude) your father won't be here to solve your questions so grow up :D im not being mean, by the way, just tryin to cheer u up