sapphire or hesalite: why?

TesaLLiuM8565

I trust both in terms of scratch resistance and impact. Though, find the Hesalite crystal a bit warmer look which I adore. With regular polish, it looks brand new each time. Owning watches with sapphire and hesalite. The latter have a a bit more appealing look

look at this...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 13.33.39-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 13.33.39-min.png
    903.6 KB · Views: 0

EasyPeasY57299

I trust both in terms of scratch resistance and impact. Though, find the Hesalite crystal a bit warmer look which I adore. With regular polish, it looks brand new each time. Owning watches with sapphire and hesalite. The latter have a a bit more appealing look

look at this...
is that yours? delightful piece 🫠🫠

And my vote goooooes……for the hesalite as well
This material has no substitute for its’ warm-looking effect. Beyond this, have u ever looked at it from different angles? It plays gracefully and generates a curious visual distortion under different light. I also noticed ( a placebo effect???!!!) that hesalite is unlikely to attract fingerprints the way other crystals do. Actually, the cleaning process satisfies me a lot when I see that specific lightened effect after cleaning it.
Sapphire is not inferior if speaking utility-wise. But, for what concerns the appearance, 5+ for the hesalite

JL$4k029

Well…… all depends on the purpose

If taking the aesthetic site, hesalite takes the lead without any hesitation. On the other hand, sapphire is proven to be much more resistant to starches and impacts. actually, I own watches with sapphire and watches with hesalite. Honestly, I put them on depending on the daily activities I plan to perform. When it’s about staying at home and doing nothing or going to some official events or environments with relaxing and stress-free tasks, I’m always with the hesalite on. The sapphire is for the rest of active tasks, work, shopping, daily chores, sports, and whatever you want implying potential activity.

Both behave well with periodic polishing and with appropriate care

Honestly, I couldn’t appreciate the hesalite much about a decade ago. I mean, how could a material ranging at 1-2 scores out of the 10 Mohs scale compete with a 9 score one, which is sapphire?! I was sure this material would perform no resistance or readability, being based on plastic polymethyl methacrylate.
But once my father borrowed his Junghans Max Bill Handaufzug 027/3701.04 for a wedding. At first, I was shocked to observe how neat it looked, how clean and did not impair readability at all. At the event, there was much light; I could look at it from different angles, and it looked great indeed. I kept the watch for several months; during this period, I loved it indeed. I find this material adorable. Doesn’t shutter, behaves well and the tiny scratches, as it is more sensitive to them than sapphire, are easily removed with the most basic toothpaste. Also, it is much more affordable than watches with sapphire.
Generally, sapphire has a more complex process of manufacturing. It is more resistant, much more resistant than hesalite, so it’s incredibly strong against impacts. So, after all, it all depends on what you really need. If it’s scratch resistance, then it’s sapphire. If it’s a non-shatter property that you need, then it’s hesalite.
In terms of readability, both are great. Sapphire is more reflective of course, but nowadays I think all manufacturers apply anti-reflective coating so it shouldn’t be a problem.
For my necessities and lifestyle, hesalite is more than suitable.

hiFUProstry

Both are optimal for me. I like how sapphire Cristal looks and I like how hesalite behaves under shock. Truly speaking, when I buy watches, I don’t give a damn if they are with hesalite or sapphire. I buy them considering other aspects like design. Movement and price. If the price comforts me, it doesn’t make big difference wether it is sapphire or hesalite. if the price is ok ad it’s a hesalite watch, I be like “ok, hessite then” and vice versa. So I’m ok with both of them

Last edited:

platoonshrek

Was kinda reticent about hessite at first, for the same reason 1-2 score on the Mohs scale. But with the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch into space featuring a Hesalite, I began to look at it differently. Indeed, the Hesalite looks good and different from a sapphire. Though, the sapphire is resistant. But I think that NASA wouldn’t have accepted a sensitive material into space. I also heard about the anti-shutter properties of Hesalite. Easily removable scratches, hardly smearing, and great anti-fingerprint.l with all meh watches were with hesalite

whySOniCE456

My first luxury watches had sapphire crystal. I deliberately bought them because I know how distracted I usually am and thought that the crystal would protect my watch. But when I broke my sapphire for the first time, it hurt, it really hurt, as it simply broke down into pieces. So I turned to hesalite without knowing its particularities. I bought a hesalite simply because it was cheaper. I was amazed by how it behaved with impacts. Pretty resistant and has no shuttering. Yes, it scratches, much more than a sapphire. But it doesn’t bother me as much as it is easily manageable. It’s cost-effective and doesn’t hurt so much gif broken (never broken so far, btw). So, hesalite

peGASus4338#!

for the expensive watches, I get the sapphire. I wear them less frequently and there is no risk in getting them damaged. I like how they feel, strong and durable. the hesalite is preferable for my daily watches. Not having a lot of them, but hesalite is kinda more suitable for the daily use. Never had problems with either of them. it's true that the hesalite requires more frequent polishing and cleaning

WatchOveR

owning a Glycine with sapphire crystal. I dont really understand why all users here say that hesalite is more cost effective. the Glycine cost me $189, so, not an exaggerated price for a sapphire crystal watch. or am I missing smth?! then, how much are hesalite watches? bring a little light over the matter pls

Almagest

dont care much about which one. I know that both are good and it doesn't matter which one would be on a potential new watch. what matters is to NOT BE acrylic or plastic 😂😂😂

chunkeymonkey

my reps all come in sapphire. look great and shine off the chain. also owning a couple of hesalite gens. can't say im in love with them. every other month I have to polish them to look like the sapphire. these need regular and frequent polishing. idk what people find in hesalite cristal. cheap price probably...