sapphire or hesalite: why?

$BarHat$

honestly, I didn't really have watches with hesalite. in fact, I didn't have any at all. I always opted for sapphire xtal.. and I am quite satisfied. after sin pushed me to get my first replica watch with an acrylic crystal, never since then have I experimented, staying true to sapphire πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.....
well, then I was a student and I didn't really have anywhere to buy anything expensive. it was important to have a watch on my hand, even if it was an acrylic one πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

either way, do you think it's worth trying something on hesalite?!
hesalite is found specifically in the rep watches from the Omega series. at least I haven't met hesalite with other types of reps. This is because the luxury brands don't really produce them, and the replica manufacturers don't really use this material either. replica factories in most cases more or less imitate the materials of the original models. Hesalite is not often found in luxury brands, they opt more for sapphire crystal.
Omega uses this material, and some replicas have it. truth is I don't really know how they behave, and how "hesalite" is the hesalite in the reps. I don't know anyone coming across such a rep.
For my safety, I'm for the sapphire crystal.

Eddie

I'm reading comments and it surprises me to see that people don't know that hesalite is generally missing from the replica industry, with the exception of a few speedmaster omega models. this material is not used at all in the rep industry, only in the authentic one. I personally have no idea how this material manifests itself...... all I had was sapphire and acrylic. clearly acrylic is somehow so so. but I am more than satisfied with the sapphire crystal. and I don't think I would ever change it to a hesalite, even if it's cheaper. why should i if i'm happy with what i have?

Cincinnati

had both of them.. sapphire xtal in some of my previous reps, snd hesalite for my Junghans Meister Agenda 027/4567.00....

First of all, the term hesalite was coined by omega for its moonswatch watches, in fact, it is a synonym for the same acrylic or plexiglass crystal. Because of this, it is more of a marketing term than a material different from what we know

you understand???? @Simposium5338 and @Eddie πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ u r actually talkin about the same materialπŸ˜‚πŸ« πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

because of my OCD, I appreciate sapphire crystal more. I can't stand the small scratches that appear so quickly on the hesalite surface. and it looks cheap

dancerINTHEdark

had both of them.. sapphire xtal in some of my previous reps, snd hesalite for my Junghans Meister Agenda 027/4567.00....

First of all, the term hesalite was coined by omega for its moonswatch watches, in fact, it is a synonym for the same acrylic or plexiglass crystal. Because of this, it is more of a marketing term than a material different from what we know

you understand???? @Simposium5338 and @Eddie πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ u r actually talkin about the same materialπŸ˜‚πŸ« πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

because of my OCD, I appreciate sapphire crystal more. I can't stand the small scratches that appear so quickly on the hesalite surface. and it looks cheap
u nailed it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

one of my friends bought a JUNGHANS Meister Telemeter watch and he was so happy that it had plexiglass instead of the mineral one... and he tried to convince me that it is much better than mineral, and that I should try it too. ...but I quickly dispelled his fairytale when I told him that, in fact, it's pretty much the same 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
this is the effect of marketing 😁😁... it makes you a victim of self-induction and the placebo effectπŸ˜„πŸ˜„

though, the omega's hesalite anyway has additional components that the mineral does not have, so it is anyway more reliable than the usual mineral.....
anyway, i'm for sapphire. looks waaaaay better πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜

Maric

sapphire.

I am very satisfied with how it looks and how it lasts over time. if you take care of the watch properly, it is very resistant and gives the watch a more delicate, more exquisite look

BenStone

I'm ok with hesalite. I don't know why people makes such a fuss about this type of crystal. very durable, good-looking and if you take care of it, you won't have any problems with hesalite... I think the thing with sapphire crystal is more of a bit of marketing and hype.... I mean, it's a really decent material, but it is so fragile in impacts that it breaks into pieces and you can't repair it anymore... so why so much hype around it, if it is so fragile? and costs a fortune.... hesalite, instead, is a Bice combo between resistance and price

Michelangelo

sapphire, in every way. I like them aesthetically and from the point of view of resistance. many say that it is fragile to impacts. personally, I've never had any problems. all the watches with sapphire crystal I've had have held up well. I wore them until the mechanism stopped working or until I got bored. but it never happened to me to stop wearing a watch because of the sapphire crystal. so I don't change this type of glass for anything else

Ethan

I can't really find watches with hesalite from the last releases... as I imagine, almost all manufacturers have switched to sapphire crystal and mineral crystal... unless mineral and hesalite are not the same thing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

etiehr way, as far as I know, sapphire crystal are more practical in terms of visibility and anti-glare properties so I prefer to stay loyal to this material

Eugene

didn't pay much attention to the crystal of my reps when i got them.... didn't know that it actually matters πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ thought that if it's a transparent glass of whatever matterial, it will do...

here i see so much info about th watch glass, so i wonder how good are mines 🫣🫣🫣 either way, the dealer told it was a sapphire crystal... satisfied by it so far, seems a really good material, don't see scratches on it so far; wearing it for the 4th month

MiracuLuis

I think that everything other than sapphire crystal is from the last century) this material has proven to be the most viable in watches, pretty resistant to impacts, minor strachthes- but acceptable. so the rest options go to plan 2, at least from my experience and observations πŸ˜‚